VOTING THREAD: MFC 1990-2020 Re-draft | WINNER REVEALED

Which team would win (SEE POST #249 for line-ups)?

• Proper Gander

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Dark Avenger

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

TEAM DEMON 16
FB: Neville Jetta - Alistair Nicholson - Paul Hopgood
HB: Rohan Bail - Craig Nettelbeck - Daniel Bell
C: Marcus Seecamp - Colin Sylvia - Nathan Brown
HF: Scott Chisholm - Tom McDonald - Kevin Dyson
FF: Russell Robertson - Darren Cuthbertson - Paul Johnson
R: Jake Spencer - Nathan Jones - Guy Rigoni
IC: Rod Keogh - Robert Pyman - Brent Heaver - Shannon Motlop

TEAM SCHMUTTT
FB: Jay Lockhart - Anthony Ingerson - Dean Terlich
HB: Kyle Cheney - Oscar McDonald - Daniel Ward
C: Ed Langdon - Simon Godfrey - Chris Johnson
HF: Sam Blease - Jesse Hogan - Ricky Petterd
FF: Peter Vardy - Ben Holland - Jamie Bennell
R: Max Gawn - Clayton Oliver - Phil Read
IC: Steven Armstrong - Danny Hughes - Isaac Weetra - Simon Buckley
Would have little faith in either of these back lines. schmuttt dominates through the middle/ruck and the forward line is closer but clearly goes Demon 16

This is a hard one as peak Robbo and Tmac could kick 10 with limited opportunity but Schmutts midfield will maul them. In view of that I'm going Schmutt as his team is going to give the forwards plenty of looks.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I can't see peak Hogan being stopped by that backline and he should get plenty of service from the Gawn/Oliver/Langdon midfield. Robbo might cause some problems for schmuttt's mutts and the Spencil/PJ combo is a big one for Gawny to battle through, but with Vardy and Petterd chiming it I reckon that's enough.

Sorry Demon 16 - I think I just tied it up again. (and I'm over 35 so that can't help you)

Would have little faith in either of these back lines. schmuttt dominates through the middle/ruck and the forward line is closer but clearly goes Demon 16

This is a hard one as peak Robbo and Tmac could kick 10 with limited opportunity but Schmutts midfield will maul them. In view of that I'm going Schmutt as his team is going to give the forwards plenty of looks.

How you think Phil Read and Simon Godfrey take on Jones and Sylvia at their best has me stuffed!?

Look at my other runners I can add to my rotations - they’re everywhere (Rigoni, Dyson, Seecamp.. I’ve got Rod Keogh FFS!).

I’ve gone heavy on team oriented and courageous too (Hopgood, Nathan Brown, Jetta), so can shut down when needed.

At their height, Cuthbertson is only second to Allen Jakovich (and maybe Schwartz and Neitz) in this so my forward line is dominant god damn it!!!!!

Aaaaand my rucks and key defenders... are pretty s**t actually.

How you think Phil Read and Simon Godfrey take on Jones and Sylvia at their best has me stuffed!?

Look at my other runners I can add to my rotations - they’re everywhere (Rigoni, Dyson, Seecamp.. I’ve got Rod Keogh FFS!).

I’ve gone heavy on team oriented and courageous too (Hopgood, Nathan Brown, Jetta), so can shut down when needed.

At their height, Cuthbertson is only second to Allen Jakovich (and maybe Schwartz and Neitz) in this so my forward line is dominant god damn it!!!!!

Aaaaand my rucks and key defenders... are pretty sh*t actually.
Must admit I did miss Jones for some reason. :drunk: Did refresh myself on a few players from both teams so I could make a more educated descision but no idea how I missed Jones. Still, 1 point after the siren win to schmuttt.

Also, Gawn and Oliver. Perhaps some recent bias but Oliver is one of the best MFC mids I've seen.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne

Aaaaand my rucks and key defenders... are pretty sh*t actually.

FWIW, I think your team is far stronger. Just not strong enough to beat mine.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• The longevity rule: within reason, longevity isn't really considered - so we're considering players at their best for Melbourne.

If you really apply this rule players like Morton and Gysberts really slid.

How good a matchup is Alastair Nicholson on Dutchy Holland. Worth the price of admission alone. Peak Russell Robertson and Colin Sylvia are having an absolute field day in this match up. Demon 16 for me

Back