VOTING THREAD: MFC 1990-2020 Re-draft | WINNER REVEALED

Which team would win (SEE POST #249 for line-ups)?

• Proper Gander

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Dark Avenger

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Cale is gliding gracefully across the turf, hopefully still conscious.
Always wondered about him. With a different start to his career, less spotlight maybe by being picked lower and less of the royal Melbourne special development that we provided to our new players whether he could have really been something? He had some real skills. If in alternative world he’d started at Hawks or whatever he probably would have spent 3 years learning his craft at Box Hill before debut. Ah well. I wonder how many ex Melbourne players actively hate us?

Always wondered about him. With a different start to his career, less spotlight maybe by being picked lower and less of the royal Melbourne special development that we provided to our new players whether he could have really been something? He had some real skills. If in alternative world he’d started at Hawks or whatever he probably would have spent 3 years learning his craft at Box Hill before debut. Ah well. I wonder how many ex Melbourne players actively hate us?
Yeahhhhh, nahhhhh

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I think Morton somehow lost weight each pre season
Probably one of those strange, wasting diseases like you get from sand flies in Africa. Only these flies were living in the Junction Oval car park

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Having pumped you up, I'm committed to Russian Demon and Luke Williams throughout.
I’m on the L Williams bandwagon for life now - and I honestly can’t recall him at all. I asked Ancient and he sort of shook his head then did one of those involuntary shudders. He’s now my cult hero

I’m on the L Williams bandwagon for life now - and I honestly can’t recall him at all. I asked Ancient and he sort of shook his head then did one of those involuntary shudders. He’s now my cult hero

Yep, he's cult hero status with me also now thanks to Headless' love for one of the plainest and most forgettable footballers I've ever seen in my life. 😂

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep, he's cult hero status with me also now thanks to Headless' love for one of the plainest and most forgettable footballers I've ever seen in my life. 😂

Hi A11dAtP0w3R. Thanks for posting this post above - the one I've quoted here.

When you said most forgettable, did you mean most loveable?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
My favourite MELB players are I think similar to yours in some ways (and unfortunately possibly similar to Topkent) in that I like direct and hard at the ball.

My second favourite MELB players are all the guys you and Kent despise - basically the fearful potatoes that everyone despises then I get emotional and adopt them in a really creepy, maternal way. It’s like when my Snoopy got really old and he was all stitched up and discoloured I wouldn’t let him go in the bin and I secretly loved him more than my new snoopy or my remote control car racing set.

Hi A11dAtP0w3R. Thanks for posting this post above - the one I've quoted here.

When you said most forgettable, did you mean most loveable?

No, i meant he was absolutely shithouse. But thanks to you finding him loveable I've come to realise his forgettableness has a certain charm. 🤗

My favourite MELB players are I think similar to yours in some ways (and unfortunately possibly similar to Topkent) in that I like direct and hard at the ball.

My second favourite MELB players are all the guys you and Kent despise - basically the fearful potatoes that everyone despises then I get emotional and adopt them in a really creepy, maternal way. It’s like when my Snoopy got really old and he was all stitched up and discoloured I wouldn’t let him go in the bin and I secretly loved him more than my new snoopy or my remote control car racing set.

Yea , I do appreciate hard at it players. 👍

Other traits I love: players that are consistent and show up every week, players with skills who can kick beautifully with both feet, players that have some personality who are willing to s**t talk opposition.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne

Did I mention Jimmy Toumpas is on my bench?

Back