VOTING THREAD: MFC 1990-2020 Re-draft | WINNER REVEALED

Which team would win (SEE POST #249 for line-ups)?

• Proper Gander

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Dark Avenger

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the Nietz factor alone probably delivers this one to DA. The rest of that team has a pretty good balance considering the pretty limited material we were working with.

Alright, I'll try and changre a few minds (noting that I am probably already too late...)

Dark Avenger's FF line is strong - but intercept mark king Paul Prymke cannot be underestimated. Who even knows if they get the I50 in the fist instance - Jamar is beating Preuss almost every tap, and Clarkson and Junior are struggling to beat Viney or Cell to the ball. Get it into my forward line, and it's deadset GOALS GOALS GOALS. Aaron Davey has 5 x the footy smarts of Jayden Hunt, and as much as I love Marty Hore little Aussie's eyes would light up like he just saw a full pot of turtle stew with that matchup. Schwarta FAR too physical for Riv, and there's one thing that should almost guarantee the win here... BEN BEAMS OFF THE BENCH!

Alright, I'll try and changre a few minds (noting that I am probably already too late...)

Dark Avenger's FF line is strong - but intercept mark king Paul Prymke cannot be underestimated. Who even knows if they get the I50 in the fist instance - Jamar is beating Preuss almost every tap, and Clarkson and Junior are struggling to beat Viney or Cell to the ball. Get it into my forward line, and it's deadset GOALS GOALS GOALS. Aaron Davey has 5 x the footy smarts of Jayden Hunt, and as much as I love Marty Hore little Aussie's eyes would light up like he just saw a full pot of turtle stew with that matchup. Schwarta FAR too physical for Riv, and there's one thing that should almost guarantee the win here... BEN BEAMS OFF THE BENCH!

I read that in Dwayne Russells voice. :tearsofjoy:
Now allow me to retort your fantastical mind. You annointing someone the intercept king doesn't make them so & Ben Beams greatest contribution to the MFC was breaking his wrist allowing Farmer to come off the bench & kick 9 second half goals.
As for talking up my team I won't venture in the realms of fantasy like you did. What I will offer is a player vs player in regards to their position. Bolded are the winners with purple being draws. You might be able to make the case for one or two players but I still have too many better players in the head to heads.

Team Dark Avenger
FB: Peter Walsh - Nathan Carroll - Marty Hore
HB: Jayden Hunt - Jared Rivers - Trent Rivers
C: Matthew Febey - Cameron Bruce - Travis Johnstone
HF: Jeff Hilton - Sam Weideman - Kysaiah Pickett
FF: Sean Charles - David Neitz - Bayley Fritsch
R: Braydon Preuss - James McDonald - Alastair Clarkson
IC: Jason Norrish - Joel Smith - Darren O'Brien - Dean Irving

TEAM PJFAIRBAIRN:

FB: James Strauss - Jamie Shanahan - Troy Broadbridge
HB: Christian Salem - Paul Prymke - Joel Macdonald
C: Craig Turley - Andrew Obst - Daniel Cross
HF: Aaron Davey - David Schwarz - James Harmes
FF: Austin Wonaeamirri - Luke Jackson - Jake Melksham
R: Mark Jamar - Andrew Leoncelli - Jack Viney
IC: James Magner - Ben Beams - Mitch Brown - Jimmy Toumpas

external-content.duckduckgo.comjkjk.gif

I read that in Dwayne Russells voice. :tearsofjoy:
Now allow me to retort your fantastical mind. You annointing someone the intercept king doesn't make them so & Ben Beams greatest contribution to the MFC was breaking his wrist allowing Farmer to come off the bench & kick 9 second half goals.
As for talking up my team I won't venture in the realms of fantasy like you did. What I will offer is a player vs player in regards to their position. Bolded are the winners with purple being draws. You might be able to make the case for one or two players but I still have too many better players in the head to heads.

Team Dark Avenger
FB: Peter Walsh - Nathan Carroll - Marty Hore
HB: Jayden Hunt - Jared Rivers - Trent Rivers
C: Matthew Febey - Cameron Bruce - Travis Johnstone
HF: Jeff Hilton - Sam Weideman - Kysaiah Pickett
FF: Sean Charles - David Neitz - Bayley Fritsch
R: Braydon Preuss - James McDonald - Alastair Clarkson
IC: Jason Norrish - Joel Smith - Darren O'Brien - Dean Irving

TEAM PJFAIRBAIRN:

FB: James Strauss - Jamie Shanahan - Troy Broadbridge
HB: Christian Salem - Paul Prymke - Joel Macdonald
C: Craig Turley - Andrew Obst - Daniel Cross
HF: Aaron Davey - David Schwarz - James Harmes
FF: Austin Wonaeamirri - Luke Jackson - Jake Melksham
R: Mark Jamar - Andrew Leoncelli - Jack Viney
IC: James Magner - Ben Beams - Mitch Brown - Jimmy Toumpas

View attachment 1105735

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT

Ooh, great match-up.

Had Dark Avenger well ahead when looking at his forward line, but the mid/ruck battle and a few other match-ups keep it close.

PJ probably suffering a bit due to having more players from the early years, but even with that taken into account, I think the Avengers win it in a shootout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Williams vote incoming, sorry TK. :(

ROUND 1, MATCH 4: RUSSIAN DEMON v. TOPKENT
INTRODUCING THE TEAMS (9).png

Round 1, Match 4: Russian Demon v. Topkent 🥳

Please vote in the poll for the team you think would win. Criteria and other details specified in the opening post of this thread.
TEAM RUSSIAN DEMON:
FB: Matthew Warnock - James Frawley - Toby Bedford
HB: Jordan Lewis - Sam Frost - Heritier Lumumba
C: Matthew Bate - Brad Green - Aaron vandenBerg
HF: Alex Neal-Bullen - Jack Watts - Jay Kennedy Harris
FF: Jeff Farmer - Cam Pedersen - Jeff Garlett
R: Darren Jolly - Angus Brayshaw - Brent Grgic
IC: Luke Williams - Viv Michie - Andrew Lamprill - Tim Smith

TEAM TOPKENT:
FB: Martin Pike - Steven May - Matthew Bishop
HB: Ryan Ferguson - Clint Bizzell - Jeremy Howe
C: Tom Scully - Shane Woewodin - Scott Thompson
HF: Dean Kent - Shaun Smith - Christian Petracca
FF: Jack Fitzpatrick - Liam Jurrah - Tommy Bugg
R: Troy Simmonds - Bernie Vince - Jordie McKenzie
IC: Damien Gaspar - Troy Longmuir - Chris Sullivan - Steven Clark

Brent Grgic as rover 😂👍

Enjoy your free Sam Frost vote Russian Demon :)

Kade Chandler not being in anyone's side is going to look silly by the end of this year. 🤗

I do like TK's team, however if the game was to be played in 2021, it would concede 19 goals from free kicks in D50, have $40,000 in first offence fines and at least 20 weeks worth of suspensions for jumper punches, sling tackles and late hits. I think its pretty close, I'd pay to see Garlett, Jurruh and Farmer all snapping away in the same game!

Back