VOTING THREAD: MFC 1990-2020 Re-draft | WINNER REVEALED

Which team would win (SEE POST #249 for line-ups)?

• Proper Gander

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Dark Avenger

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Think TK's team is better but that defence is really unbalanced. Too many bigs plus he has Gaspar on the bench! Farmer & Garlett would run riot.

Think TK's team is better but that defence is really unbalanced. Too many bigs plus he has Gaspar on the bench! Farmer & Garlett would run riot.
Is it really though? I count nine players in that team that were better either before they joined Melbourne or after they left. Some of them didn't set the world on fire in red and blue.
Russian doesn't really have anyone to match up on Trac but it's the same with the smalls up forward. Farmer and Garlett might cause a lot of headaches.

So basically my teams better but I lost 3 votes for Like Williams, Sam Frost and schmuttt being a nob jockey.

May would take Garlett no problem and Howe and Bizzell wouldn't let the ball hit the ground anyway.

Plus the whiz would be apart of the half time melee and end up too distracted to kick snags

May would take Garlett no problem and Howe and Bizzell wouldn't let the ball hit the ground anyway.

Plus the whiz would be apart of the half time melee and end up too distracted to kick snags
You're assuming Biz and Howe have aerial ball to cut off. With my midfield half the inside 50s are going in as scrub kicks along the ground!

Also, Howe will turn it back over 50% of the time as it's pre "I learned how to kick", Melbourne Howe... not the species we see today.

So basically my teams better but I lost 3 votes for Like Williams, Sam Frost and schmuttt being a nob jockey.

As you can clearly see now, nobodies fault but your own. 😂

FWIW I would have voted for TK if I wasn't being Luke Williams #1 fanboi all of a sudden.

You're assuming Biz and Howe have aerial ball to cut off. With my midfield half the inside 50s are going in as scrub kicks along the ground!

Also, Howe will turn it back over 50% of the time as it's pre "I learned how to kick", Melbourne Howe... not the species we see today.

I was gonna say with my midfield you Won't even get any inside 50s ;)

View attachment 1105393

Round 1, Match 3: pjfairbairn v. Dark Avenger 🥳

Please vote in the poll for the team you think would win. Criteria and other details specified in the opening post of this thread.
TEAM PJFAIRBAIRN:
FB: James Strauss - Jamie Shanahan - Troy Broadbridge
HB: Christian Salem - Paul Prymke - Joel Macdonald
C: Craig Turley - Andrew Obst - Daniel Cross
HF: Aaron Davey - David Schwarz - James Harmes
FF: Austin Wonaeamirri - Luke Jackson - Jake Melksham
R: Mark Jamar - Andrew Leoncelli - Jack Viney
IC: James Magner - Ben Beams - Mitch Brown - Jimmy Toumpas

TEAM DARK AVENGER:
FB: Peter Walsh - Nathan Carroll - Marty Hore
HB: Jayden Hunt - Jared Rivers - Trent Rivers
C: Matthew Febey - Cameron Bruce - Travis Johnstone
HF: Jeff Hilton - Sam Weideman - Kysaiah Pickett
FF: Sean Charles - David Neitz - Bayley Fritsch
R: Braydon Preuss - James McDonald - Alastair Clarkson
IC: Jason Norrish - Joel Smith - Darren O'Brien - Dean Irving
Damn, missed the opportunity to give my extremely insightful breakdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe ( I can ) I'm get survivored out here against a team that has Grgic as a starting mid and Toby Bedford in the back pocket 😂

I can't believe ( I can ) I'm get survivored out here against a team that has Grgic as a starting mid and Toby Bedford in the back pocket 😂

Tactical genius.

Pls put me out of my misery Headless...
You were unlucky to be matched up against DA there. If you’d got my band of weirdos round one would have been a dominant win for you. I think you put together a very watchable team

Plus I haven’t really reviewed the form of each team yet - that’s a tomorrow job - but it’s got to be reasonably possible that I eventually vote against you on general principles

You were unlucky to be matched up against DA there. If you’d got my band of weirdos round one would have been a dominant win for you. I think you put together a very watchable team

Upon review, Shanahan, Prymke & Broadbridge as my three defensive talls was never going to suffice. Should have gone with a May or Lever first pick ahead of Schwarz. But yes, I think my midfield, forward line and bench was indeed very watchable

Back