VOTING THREAD: MFC 1990-2020 Re-draft | WINNER REVEALED

Which team would win (SEE POST #249 for line-ups)?

• Proper Gander

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Dark Avenger

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
His defence is poxy as hell. Only one bloke capable of taking a tall. Who the hell takes Trac? No one. Better backline beats a better forward like 90 times out of 100.
Why is your backline better? You have 6 talls. Who is going to play on Kozzie & Sean Charles? Hore about the same size as Smith who never played a game at CHF his entire career. Also Joel Smith could line up on Fitzpatrick with Carroll on Jurrah. Howe was never a good defender for Melbourne & Pike played his best footy as a forward for the Dees. Your side is very uneven with players not playing in their best positions. My side features two traditional wingers as oppossed to two players that became good players at other clubs I think my side would be a lot quicker as well.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Why is your backline better? You have 6 talls. Who is going to play on Kozzie & Sean Charles? Hore about the same size as Smith who never played a game at CHF his entire career. Also Joel Smith could line up on Fitzpatrick with Carroll on Jurrah. Howe was never a good defender for Melbourne & Pike played his best footy as a forward for the Dees. Your side is very uneven with players not playing in their best positions. My side features two traditional wingers as oppossed to two players that became good players at other clubs I think my side would be a lot quicker as well.

Sean Charles didn't do * all so wouldn't even need to play on him. Joel Smith is trash, and Carroll would get absolutely ****ed by Jurrah.

Bernie Vince and Tom Scully very capable wingers. Certainly work alot harder than downhill TJ.

Still never answered who would take Trac
Answer- no one.

Sean Charles didn't do fu** all so wouldn't even need to play on him. Joel Smith is trash, and Carroll would get absolutely f’ed by Jurrah.

Bernie Vince and Tom Scully very capable wingers. Certainly work alot harder than downhill TJ.

Answer- no one.

Trac takes himself in finals of this magnitude, the mental pigmy that he is. 😉

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sean Charles didn't do fu** all so wouldn't even need to play on him. Joel Smith is trash, and Carroll would get absolutely f’ed by Jurrah.

Answer- no one.
Sorry didn't realise I needed a star player to stop superstar Jack Fitzpatrick. Showing your ignorance or age regarding Charles. Kicked 5 goals against the Blues in the finals. Trac would be a very hard match up. You haven't told me who you would put on Kossie? And when you talk of downhill skiers don't forget you've got one in Jurrah. Without his machete Jurrah would be too scared to go near the ball lining up on Carol. Why don't you explain how your going to stop my forwards instead of just saying my players are crap without offering reasons why?

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Sorry didn't realise I needed a star player to stop superstar Jack Fitzpatrick. Showing your ignorance or age regarding Charles. Kicked 5 goals against the Blues in the finals. Trac would be a very hard match up. You haven't told me who you would put on Kossie? And when you talk of downhill skiers don't forget you've got one in Jurrah. Without his machete Jurrah would be too scared to go near the ball lining up on Carol. Why don't you explain how your going to stop my forwards instead of just saying my players are crap without offering reasons why?
Hardest part about this is constantly having to go back and read the teams I can't bloody remember who's on either team lol

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Kozzies overrated, Gaspar could take him from the bench. Ball doesn't hit the deck anyway. Howe, Bizzell and May mark everything that can goes down there. If Koz gets away Bizzell can stand Neitz while May puts Koz in his pocket.

Jurrah wasn't a downhill skier, was a superstar in the poxiest dees era. Imagine what he could do in this team. Fitzy kicked 5 against the dogs. Superstar.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kozzies overrated, Gaspar could take him from the bench. Ball doesn't hit the deck anyway. Howe, Bizzell and May mark everything that can goes down there. If Koz gets away Bizzell can stand Neitz while May puts Koz in his pocket.

Jurrah wasn't a downhill skier, was a superstar in the poxiest dees era. Imagine what he could do in this team. Fitzy kicked 5 against the dogs. Superstar.
Its a cunning strategy picking players who have gone on to be great players at other clubs in the hope that people will associate them as good players for the Dees. I have memories of Howe playing in defence for us going third man up to punch the ball & completely missing it & when he did manage to take a mark he would turn the ball over.
As exciting as Jurrah was he played his best games when we were belting interstate teams at the G under Bailey. Definition of downhill skiing. I know May lined up on Charlie Cameron once but he is just effectively a leading forward from the goalsquare. No way May could deal with Kozzies pace & bag of tricks.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Its a cunning strategy picking players who have gone on to be great players at other clubs in the hope that people will associate them as good players for the Dees. I have memories of Howe playing in defence for us going third man up to punch the ball & completely missing it & when he did manage to take a mark he would turn the ball over.
As exciting as Jurrah was he played his best games when we were belting interstate teams at the G under Bailey. Definition of downhill skiing. I know May lined up on Charlie Cameron once but he is just effectively a leading forward from the goalsquare. No way May could deal with Kozzies pace & bag of tricks.
You're kidding yourself if you think you can trick people into thinking Howe sucked. He was a good player for us.

Cameron's proved alot more than Kozzie has and May had him covered so easily he drove him home after the game.

TJ the biggest down hill skier we've ever had. You're midfield sucks and Trac, Woey, Vince, Thompson etc absolute spank it.

Let's be real here. If it weren't for me losing 5 spite votes every week here you'd be dusted already.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
You're kidding yourself if you think you can trick people into thinking Howe sucked. He was a good player for us.

Cameron's proved alot more than Kozzie has and May had him covered so easily he drove him home after the game.

TJ the biggest down hill skier we've ever had. You're midfield sucks and Trac, Woey, Vince, Thompson etc absolute spank it.

Let's be real here. If it weren't for me losing 5 spite votes every week here you'd be dusted already.

index.jpg

Howe was a good forward for us but an ordinary defender. He didn't become a star until he went to the Pies.
If my midfield sucks then why have they won more best & fairest awards than yours? Plus one of my lesser light midfielders in Clarkson finished second in the BNF in one of his two seasons for us.
Thompson was a promising player for us nothing more. Didn't become a gun until he went to Adelaide.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
View attachment 1114677
Howe was a good forward for us but an ordinary defender. He didn't become a star until he went to the Pies.
If my midfield sucks then why have they won more best & fairest awards than yours? Plus one of my lesser light midfielders in Clarkson finished second in the BNF in one of his two seasons for us.
Thompson was a promising player for us nothing more. Didn't become a gun until he went to Adelaide.
So by your logic TJ is better than Trac because he's done better in the BnF?

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
So by your logic TJ is better than Trac because he's done better in the BnF?
At least its some sort of logic. You're the one who said my midfield sucks because reasons. You keep focusing on TJ yet haven't acknowledeged Bruce & Junior. As sad as it might be as far as wingers go TJ was the best wingman of eligible players.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
At least its some sort of logic. You're the one who said my midfield sucks because reasons. You keep focusing on TJ yet haven't acknowledeged Bruce & Junior. As sad as it might be as far as wingers go TJ was the best wingman of eligible players.
Not better than Langdon or Vince.

Petracca, Woey, Vince, Thompson, Scully, McKenzie, >>
Bruce, TJ, McDonald, Clarkson, Febey

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not better than Langdon or Vince.

Petracca, Woey, Vince, Thompson, Scully, McKenzie, >>
Bruce, TJ, McDonald, Clarkson, Febey
You're not even naming all my mids. Thompson & Scully were developing at Melbourne. Besides Scullys 41 possession game against the Bulldogs what did he ever do at the Dees besides show great training standards? Even his first few years at the Giants were underwhelming.
How can you say Vince is the better winger when he primarily played on the inside? I might as well say Junior is a better forward pocket than Garlett. Langdon would be number 2 behind TJ. Has a smaller body of work behind Johnstone. My wingers beat yours & my mids match up well against yours. Also have Walsh, Norris & O'Brien who can play there.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

In a thread filled with over-inflations, stretches, rewrites of history and fantasies, this one has to be the most egregious. Biz was good, but even at his best he would be no match for Coleman-winning, pack-busting, collarbone-snapping, 60m-bomb-dropping Neita.

GRAND FINAL: PROPER GANDER v. DARK AVENGER
May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
INTRODUCING THE TEAMS (15).png

Grand Final: Proper Gander v. Dark Avenger 🥳

Please vote in the poll for the team you think would win. Criteria and other details specified in the opening post of this thread.​

TEAM PROPER GANDER:
FB: Matthew Collins - Lynden Dunn - Jake Lever
HB: Michael Hibberd - Adam Tomlinson - Josh Wagner
C: Byron Pickett - Stephen Powell - Billy Stretch
HF: Luke Tapscott - Mitch Clark - Tom Sparrow
FF: Mitch Hannan - Allen Jakovich - Charlie Spargo
R: Stefan Martin - Brent Moloney - Jack Trengove
IC: James Jordon - Rod Owen - David Rodan - Ben Newton

TEAM DARK AVENGER:
FB: Peter Walsh - Nathan Carroll - Marty Hore
HB: Jayden Hunt - Jared Rivers - Trent Rivers
C: Matthew Febey - Cameron Bruce - Travis Johnstone