VOTING THREAD: MFC 1990-2020 Re-draft | WINNER REVEALED

Which team would win (SEE POST #249 for line-ups)?

• Proper Gander

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Dark Avenger

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With Tommo's injury on the weekend I notice that PGs backline is very injury prone all of sudden, very interesting...

I'm going to have to mull over this. 🤔

So I was bored and wanted some kind of objective measure to compare these two teams to aid my decision.

Easiest thing I could come up with was to work out the total winning percentage for each team. It's crude, it favours players that played before 2007 or after 2020, but I thought it would be interesting nonetheless. It certainly wasn't the only thing I used to cast my vote.

Here's where the numbers landed:
TeamProper GanderDark Avenger
Games Played10091888
Wins408819
Win Percentage40%43%
Highest Win % PlayersJames "default" "Jordan" Jordon (7 played) - 100%
Tomlinson (20) - 70%
Sparrow (12), Owen (9) - 67%
Trent Rivers (16) - 75%
Kozzie Pickett (21) - 67%
Jason Norrish (20) - 60%
Lowest Win % PlayersDavid Rodan (9) - 11%
Luke Tapscott (48) - 19%
Mitch "Clarke" Clark (15) - 20%
Darren O'Brien (24) - 21%
Dean Irving (23) - 26%
Al Clarkson (41) - 27%

What does this tell us?
- As a club, we've been pretty s**t for 31 years
- The Avengers have lots more experience (mostly through Neitz, Junior Mc, Bruce - Dunn is PG's most experienced player)
- 5 of the top 7 players for win % are in our current crop, and are riding a wave that not many others playing in red and blue have experienced recently (helps they haven't played many games as well obvs)
- Lynden Dunn is one unlucky bastard, having played through the worst of our recent years. He's got the lowest win % (26) of players that have played over 100 games (165 for Dunn). Slick Fritsch is only 8 wins behind Dunny from almost 100 fewer games.
- We really have been s**t...

So...much...FUN!!! 🤗

WINNER: DARK AVENGER
INTRODUCING THE TEAMS (16).png

And the winner is Dark Avenger (64.3%), whose team was victorious over that of Proper Gander (35.7%). Congratulations to you both. 🥳

Let us celebrate the victorious team:

TEAM DARK AVENGER:

FB: Peter Walsh - Nathan Carroll - Marty Hore
HB: Jayden Hunt - Jared Rivers - Trent Rivers
C: Matthew Febey - Cameron Bruce - Travis Johnstone
HF: Jeff Hilton - Sam Weideman - Kysaiah Pickett
FF: Sean Charles - David Neitz - Bayley Fritsch
R: Braydon Preuss - James McDonald - Alastair Clarkson
IC: Jason Norrish - Joel Smith - Darren O'Brien - Dean Irving​

I would really like to thank all eight participants in this silly little game, and everybody else who took an interest in it. I really enjoyed it. I hope you did, too! So much FUN! 🥳

Dark Avenger Demon 16 Dory_77 pjfairbairn Proper Gander Russian Demon schmuttt Topkent A11dAtP0w3R Meds Crimson Azure ImissFrosty Toump Ass Bluelegs KickLongTackleHard Theseventhhamster AmericanAFL dee_mac LeverPuller jhong Blackas87 TheCount Deemanding Tulip cats2rise booshboy Gysberts2Bate Yakker blitznu Jamurp sledbomber Supermercado

And anybody else I regretfully missed - thank you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would really like to thank all eight participants in this silly little game, and everybody else who took an interest in it. I really enjoyed it. I hope you did, too! So much FUN! 🥳

Dark Avenger Demon 16 Dory_77 pjfairbairn Proper Gander Russian Demon schmuttt Topkent A11dAtP0w3R Meds Crimson Azure ImissFrosty Toump Ass Bluelegs KickLongTackleHard Theseventhhamster AmericanAFL dee_mac LeverPuller jhong Blackas87 TheCount Deemanding Tulip cats2rise booshboy Gysberts2Bate Yakker blitznu Jamurp sledbomber Supermercado

And anybody else I regretfully missed - thank you.
Thanks for all your hard work organising this. Was a lot of fun watching the draft and then voting on the various match ups. I feel like the Dees going 7-0 kinda took the focus off the thread a bit towards the end.

Yes! All the fake accounts I created paid off! What do I win?
A night on the town with emo stats man. The highlight will him running through all the stats of the 2018 prelim.

Might be a bit awkward seeing as how he has a restraining order against me.
Thanks for running the game. Glad its finally ended as I don't think I could handle too much more fun.
I did nothing but offer extremely insightful commentary on selections and teams.

Headless is you man to thank.

Back