Roast VPN’s to be Banned in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the unintended consequences could be the blocking of Virtual Private Networks that may, in addition to providing legitimate services, also unintentionally facilitate piracy.

"VPNs also have many other legitimate purposes, including privacy and security," Google said.

Labor's communications minister Jason Clare, who was also with Shorten on the tour of Google, said Labor was waiting for the committee to finalise its recommendations before announcing Labor's position.

"I expect [the committee is] going to identify a number of problems in that legislation that are going to need to be considered and addresses. So we'll wait until we get that final report before we announce a final position," Mr Clare said.

So In Australia on the Internet it be like living with Communists’s

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-li...ite-blocking-legislation-20150521-gh6hm6.html

Apparently if Firefox is your search engine you can set it up so that it can't read your IP address in Australia but only the overseas VPN address. Whereas with Google your Australian IP address and VPN address are visible. In other words Firefox is probably the search engine you want to use.

Wonder if this is Murdoch trying to push this because it's eating into his Foxtel empire.

I would say that be a very strong Chance.

As Foxtel is a Massive Rip-Off and Murdoch does not want to charge less for it

Apparently if Firefox is your search engine you can set it up so that it can't read your IP address in Australia but only the overseas VPN address. Whereas with Google your Australian IP address and VPN address are visible. In other words Firefox is probably the search engine you want to use.

Use duckduckgo, they don't log anything. Screw the rest.

I'm just interested in Netflix but I reckon I might exhaust their catalogue pretty soon as there is a fair bit of filler in there.

Have you tried the free 1 month trial?

I've been using Netflix for two years and switched over to the Aussie one when it came out. There is less/different content sure, but there hasn't been much on the US version that I've actually wanted to watch I haven't found on the Aussie one. Also the Australian Netflix has a lot more recent films and generally a better (I wouldn't go as far to say that it's a 'good' catalogue yet) catalogue of films. If you watch a lot of TV series' though you absolutely have to try Netflix because that's where it shines.

A VPN is not a website.

******* people.

If they block services to connect to VPNs that claim not to log data it's cost effective to have a server in europe or russia, have your own VPN to that (essentially can't be blocked) then VPN out from that to do whatever dastardly deeds you desire.

Encrypted tunnel within an encrypted tunnel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck with that beurocrats... Australian poli's saving its people just like Metallica saved the world from Mp3 exposure...

Its a horrible feeling when your decision makers are still running the mentality of an Abacus and curtains...

It's all about the 5ocks you wear ;)

I've tried eating prunes too but I still can't get Netflix.
Prunes should work, especially if you add a shot of castor oil.

At worst you should get Stan or Brown-iView.

I've tried eating prunes too but I still can't get Netflix.

Look the fat spider is telling you you're full of sh1t.
He just has more tact than the rest of us.;)

Last edited:
Yeah, blocking VPNs entirely would be an economic disaster. No chance.

Yep. Sounds good when they 1st think about it but when they actually see it's used a lot for Business then they just can't Ban it for the Sake of it.

I did not know Firefox also had a Search Engine

Has something just happened to VPN's? I can't access unblock us
How did you get on with the issue?
Have you tried these i\links?
http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/10/classic-hacks-how-to-get-american-netflix-in-australia/

or

http://bgr.com/2016/10/19/netflix-vpn-free-trial-not-banned-blocked/
Several working options are listed there and some of them, such as ExpressVPN, offer free trial periods to test out the service. Check out Comparitech’s post for the latest updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back