Remove this Banner Ad

t3h63n

Debutant
Jun 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi all,

Just wondering how to get VRC Membership. I understand that you need two members like the MCC, but is anyone here a VRC member that would be willing to sign an application form for me? It is impossible to find VRC members compared to MCC members!

Thanks in advance!

Its easy, go to the races and ask 2 members to sign it for a beer.

The only thing is you can't get into the members during cup week for 2 years IIRC.

Would be able to go into the members as an MCC reciprocal on small race meets, however I'm under 18 so the beer costs wouldn't work :(. However, I'll happily give someone the money for a beer :).

If anyone wishes to help me out I will probably give you 10-20 bucks or something :)

I would be signing up hopefully before the next membership season starts so I can go onto full membership next may coming off a junior for 12 months.

I think the VRC will help you out finding a few signatories, have you told them you dont know any members?

You serious? I thought it would be like the MCC in which they say they can't give out names and stuff.... I will have to send them out an email. Thanks.

You serious? I thought it would be like the MCC in which they say they can't give out names and stuff.... I will have to send them out an email. Thanks.
They cant give out names of members or anything, but they might help you out by getting someone in their office thats a member to sign it. Worth asking.

Hi all,

Just wondering how to get VRC Membership. I understand that you need two members like the MCC, but is anyone here a VRC member that would be willing to sign an application form for me? It is impossible to find VRC members compared to MCC members!

Thanks in advance!

Mate there was a promotion of some sort were if your father was a member than you could have your junior membership for $50 an there was no waiting fee to join as a full member. There fore as my dad is not a member i used my uncle with i said was my dad which the VRC never checked so im now a full member at 18. So now my dad users my huest pass an were happy as larry lol . Try an look into that somehow.

Mate there was a promotion of some sort were if your father was a member than you could have your junior membership for $50 an there was no waiting fee to join as a full member. There fore as my dad is not a member i used my uncle with i said was my dad which the VRC never checked so im now a full member at 18. So now my dad users my huest pass an were happy as larry lol . Try an look into that somehow.
So you will sign it for me :).

The problem is that I can't find any members! I've done the emailing everyone, asked the relos to ask around - My uncle (who I thought would know someone) came back with heaps of MCC and even a few Medallion Club members but no VRC members.

I've sent them an email anyway; shall see how it goes.

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Basically i'm looking at becoming a VRC member and just wanted to get a few different points of view.

Am I correct in assuming that to become a restricted member I only need to pay $210 annually, and a once off joining fee of $726?

This seems too cheap, as if you go to 3 or 4 meetings in the spring and 1-2 throughout the year a membership appears almost cost-neutral.

Obviously if this is the case it's +ev to become a member.

Can any posters, especially those in the 20-30 bracket post up their experiences with/opinions on VRC membership.

Thanks in advance.

I'm an MRC member and it sets me back 300 a year. 210 for restricted VRC sounds about right then given you can't go to the cup or derby day on a restricted membership. The VRC full membership is more expensive than the MRC obviously but I'm not sure what it is.

Ultimately I guess it comes down to if a group of your mates are also members and you are going to attend regularly. If you are going to a large % of the meetings over autumn and spring, then sure you cover the cost reasonably easy.

I hate going over the spring personally, too many knobs, even in the members. Autumn is the good time to be a member, still the class racing without quite as many hanger ons.

Say it again Mother*er
samuel-l-jackson-pulp-fictionjpg-7b9042e7080bb264.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, sorry to bring up this old thread, but I've been trying for a while now to become a VRC member, but don't know anyone that's able to nominate me so was hoping someone here can nominate me or knows someone that is able to

Thanks
KardiniaPark is probably the best person to talk to, I know he was able to help brett128 with his membership (I think he holds a position of some influence there). ps, ignore his rambunctious posting, he is actually a really mellow guy, PM him and I am sure he will be able to assist

Hey, sorry to bring up this old thread, but I've been trying for a while now to become a VRC member, but don't know anyone that's able to nominate me so was hoping someone here can nominate me or knows someone that is able to

Thanks

Hi I would be glad to help,

I am a wealthy Nigerian prince whose diplomatic VRC membership (along with all my financial assets) has been blocked therefor i am unable to sign for new applicants, however if I was able to pay the small unblocking fee of $999 it would be unblocked and i could sign for you. If you are prepared to pay this small fee for me I would gladly sign, plus reimburse you 10x when my assets are unfrozen.

yours sincerely

Prince (not the artist formerly known as)

it is expensive and you need to go a lot to make it worth it.

when mates drop off with wives and kids etc it makes a moonee valley membership comparatively attractive.

whynotboth?.gif

that said a beautiful day in and out of the forum in the autumn carnival just cannot be beat 👌

I consider each November as well. It seems about $1K for joining fee and restricted membership subs. Restricted means no Derby or Cup. Need a proposer and seconder. That sound right?

Is restricted about $300 each year? And what is cost of full m’ship once that comes through?

I was in the Nursery ytd and the new stand looked fantastic.

I consider each November as well. It seems about $1K for joining fee and restricted membership subs. Restricted means no Derby or Cup. Need a proposer and seconder. That sound right?

Is restricted about $300 each year? And what is cost of full m’ship once that comes through?

I was in the Nursery ytd and the new stand looked fantastic.

Restricted still gets racecourse entry on Derby and Cup - you just can't go into the members grandstand. Full membership is $550 or something. I don't remember the joining fee being that steep but it might have gone up. You do need a proposer and seconder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back