Autopsy vs Adelaide Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

We are targeting all these wingers and while I agree we desperately need some outside run, I would argue we need a huge change to our back 6. Someone like a Dylan Grimes is really needed back there to actually shut down a medium forward type.

We seem to have a bunch of intercept defenders but probably only Taz and Marley who are any good one on one or on the lead. We cannot continue next year with all of Lmac, Jmac, Wright, Clarke and Scooter - we are getting hugely exposed when our midfield isn't on top.

EVW is developing and so is McKay but if really love of we explored finding a medium defender this off season from somewhere. If we don't think it's Nielson then I really hope we are looking.

Our midfield has a lot of good pieces coming through it just needs time now. It's just too inexperienced at the moment with Jed, Ahern, Jy learning the ropes.

Loved Froggy today. He was fantastic and pretty much a lone hand most of the day.

Who is our defensive coach?

What is with these stupid idiots constantly pushing up to contests that they can’t impact?

I’ve lost count of the amount of times we push up don’t impact the contest only to watch the ball ho over the top and no pressure on the ball coming in.

If you can’t impact stay with your man.
Drummond

All performances like today prove is that we don’t have a coach that can take us to the promised land.

From poor selections, poor structures and a lack of willingness to make changes to halt momentum.

We are just wasting time with this guy in charge.

Last weeks performance demanded change, yet we saw none.

When is the football club actually going to do something about this?

All they have to do is position a bloke with a high speed camera pointed at Brown for the match and they will uncover 20 non paid free kicks they could send to the AFL.

If the AFL don't act on it, they send them to every journo in the land.

blackshadow, what are you doing next week mate?

All the have to do is position a bloke with a high speed camera pointed at Brown for the match and they will uncover 20 non paid free kicks they could send to the AFL.

Not in our nature to complain .The shinboner spirit only applies to on field

All the have to do is position a bloke with a high speed camera pointed at Brown for the match and they will uncover 20 free kicks they could send to the AFL.
Unfortunately they have worked brown out. Stand a player 5m in front of him to block his run and a 2nd to scrag him. The scragger disables him to compete for the high ball and the blocker stops him leading for a lace out pass.

He has to start crunching those blokes providing the block like w80 does.

Few will continue to stand there if thats the case.

All they have to do is position a bloke with a high speed camera pointed at Brown for the match and they will uncover 20 non paid free kicks they could send to the AFL.

Look at the time left..

Hrovat is a strange one .. has the skills we require but can’t find enough of the footy.
Doesn’t help when our small forwards are continually dragged up the ground.
Too slow for AFL footy.

Gets rushed too often because he doesn’t have the pace to give him time and space.

May as well delist, doesn’t have the tools to have a big enough impact at AFL level.

There isn’t much to be constructive about.

Runs all day, but may as well not because all it leads to is a turnover.

I’m actually convinced opposition coaches let him run free to prey on his turnovers.
True. I guess I was more meaning not to negative. Others do it on my behalf without me needing to.

The only thing is there is not much to be all that positive about with Clarke; other than his running capability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems too scared to cop another $20k fine.

Seems other clubs do it and dont even get a slap on the wrist. They can even have their runner out on the field coaching in the last few mins and get away with it.

Ever since that fine they've said next to nothing. And copping it up the butt. Need to grow a pair and speak up.

True. I guess I was more meaning not to negative. Others do it on my behalf without me needing to.

The only thing is there is not much to be all that positive about with Clarke; other than his running capability.
His strength is actually the teams weakness.

Because he runs well, he gets more opportunity to turn it over.

Seems too scared to cop another $20k fine.

Seems other clubs do it and dont even get a slap on the wrist. They can even have their runner out on the field coaching in the last few mins and get away with it.

Ever since that fine they've said next to nothing. And copping it up the butt. Need to grow a pair and speak up.
He got for calling the umps out in cheating when it didnt happen. A far cry from asking why bbb isnt being paid free kicks regularly for being fist ****ed...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It isn't. It's nowhere. Not bottom or top. it's vanilla. Because thats where I feared we'd be and here we are 9th-11th. No mans land.
Having got zero games into McKay, Niel
Yep and this is how opposition mids get hold of us . They spread from contest to contest more rapidly and when they win the ball find space a lot quicker , at centre bounces there’s really only room for one pure inside mid (Cunners) the other two need to be great runners that run just as well defensively as offensively. Which is why BJ is so effective for us he completely shuts down the oppositions best mid . So then it basically becomes Cunners v oppositions inside mid and Higgins v oppositions 2nd best mid and when Goldy gives us first use we are very good .

Anderson as good as he’s been this year is another see ball get ball mid so when the opposition win the ball we have 3 players still at the source while the opposition have peeled off .

We have drafted way too many inside mids which is we have this problem and also the reason we have other inside mids playing flankers roles .
Great points Deano!

I'm a bit meh on the whole inside/outside thing. Whilst people may have an inclination or more capacity at one over the other, players these days need to be able to do both.

I feel we've drafted too many below par, slow (in mind and body) players who can't think quick enough or keep up/break away.

I liked the heart today.

Yes, we were poor in the 2nd and 3rd, but as has been the case all year, there was no lack of effort and fight.

With our midfield deficiencies, there is only so far we can go. We just desperately miss Jacobs and an outside runner...

I was worried we lacked a focal strategy for the year and don't feel comforted by the way things panned out.

Apparently we were just building for the future. Yet we played our absolute best 22 every week. Yet we ran our bookends into the ground. Yet no players were ever played ahead of older options in the interest of long term exposure.

There were some good wins but in the end it was another neither here nor there season. We don't take any choccies and we haven't got a handle on half our list. Meh.

For a team who is 5 goals better with a tagger in it, our coaching staffs decision to let their midfield run riot is unbelievable. Mountford needed to play and run with Sloane or crouch and we win that game.

Is there a ******* side he doesn't ******* rate? They're in the AFL played in a GF last year, apart from the 38 players they have currently unavailable , they are a good ******* team- lucky we got this master coach. **** me we'll beat the Saints by a kick next week and he'll mention how they won the ******* flag in 1966!

Heh I had to laugh at that.

I was worried we lacked a focal strategy for the year and don't feel comforted by the way things panned out.

Apparently we were just building for the future. Yet we played out absolute best 22 every week. Yet we ran out bookends into the ground. Yet no players were ever played ahead of older options in the interest of long term exposure.

There were some good wins but in the end it was another neither here nor there season. We don't take any choccies and we haven't got a handle on half our list. Meh.
It was truly abysmal list handling and will only get worse if we re sign waite and thommo

He got for calling the umps out in cheating when it didnt happen. A far cry from asking why bbb isnt being paid free kicks regularly for being fist ******...

I had forgotten what it was for exactly but my point was since that moment we don't really seem to create much of a fuss about things.

I'd gladly pitch in my $$ in crowdfunding if they were to get fined for speaking up. Because it's pure nonsense what is happening to Ben and seems the club are prepared to cop it on the chin, or that is how it seems.

For a team who is 5 goals better with a tagger in it, our coaching staffs decision to let their midfield run riot is unbelievable. Mountford needed to play and run with Sloane or crouch and we win that game.

We're not 5 goals better with a tagger in. We're 5 goals better with Jacobs in - it's not the same thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back