Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Cheers.

My dad's on day 11 in intensive care, heart problems - had a surgery that they said he might not make it through, had a couple of other times we've been told he might not make it through the night. Now the lungs are struggling, too. Best case is he's out if ICU in a couple of days, then more time in coronary care. Worst case is a real possibility.

As an aside, the people who work in ICU at Fiona Stanley Hospital are unbelievably brilliant.

Chin up mate.:thumbsu:

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Before he got injured in the second quarter, Ronnie had laid effective tackles on
Grundy
Cox
Roughead
Three of their biggest blokes.

Plus 2 other tackles. That's 5 tackles in under a half in his first game of AFL.

:thumbsu:
The bigger they are the further to fall they say😆

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Disgusting.

You had to be at the ground to see the Varcoe one in the last which was the worst on the night.

Had the chance to run back and take a mark from a high ball, but chose to take twenty very short steps and let Zuhaar take the mark because he didn’t want the contact.

Didn’t show up in the TV, but if I was playing with he guy I would be disgusted at his commitment to the contest.

Just finished watching the replay after being at the match live last night and the THING i take from this game is that we played with CONFIDENCE and BELIEF.

I know what it is called, it's something that has been missing for most of the past decade but believe you me it's back, it is the SHINBONER SPIRIT!

Cheers.

My dad's on day 11 in intensive care, heart problems - had a surgery that they said he might not make it through, had a couple of other times we've been told he might not make it through the night. Now the lungs are struggling, too. Best case is he's out if ICU in a couple of days, then more time in coronary care. Worst case is a real possibility.

As an aside, the people who work in ICU at Fiona Stanley Hospital are unbelievably brilliant.

Bloody hell mate. All the best to your dad.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Cheers.

Good luck big_e

Digressing - the noise from Ziebell's goal in the 3rd after about 27 tackles in a row ftw.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
If that doesn't get highlighted in the review tomorrow at the swimming pool, then Bucks isn't serious.

It probably will, as will Greenwood's. It doesn't make them soft players though, everyone has their weak moments in what is an extremely tough sport.

The same people piling into Varcoe are probably convincing themselves that LDU doesn't flinch under a high ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the thread title should be changed to “They Might Be Down To One On The Bench”! Derwayne, please!!!! That was all I heard from him when he wasn’t calling for non-existent frees to the Pies.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
OMG how effen annoying is he? There were several times I wanted to mute the telly or throw something at it. He has verbal diarrhoea

It probably will, as will Greenwood's. It doesn't make them soft players though, everyone has their weak moments in what is an extremely tough sport.

The same people piling into Varcoe are probably convincing themselves that LDU doesn't flinch under a high ball.
Hey shutup killjoy. We're giving it to Collingwood.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I'm not taking this line out of context at all; his summary of the game during the fourth quarter on the radio call was:

"Collingwood have found a way to beat themselves."

Seriously.
The only one "beating themselves" is Terry if he thinks his opinions on football are relevant. Zero credibility.

It's amazing that anyone would pay the half wit for football analysis. Says a lot for the bloke's self belief that he can pump his own tyres so successfully. "The List Manager"....

It's time for him to move on to some more suitable like voice coach on Australia's Got Talent.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
The only one "beating themselves" is Terry if he thinks his opinions on football are relevant. Zero credibility.

It's amazing that anyone would pay the half wit for football analysis. Says a lot for the bloke's self belief that he can pump his own tyres so successfully. "The List Manager"....

It's time for him to move on to some more suitable like voice coach on Australia's Got Talent.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The "List Manager" thing, I mean we all joke about it but it genuinely does come across as ironic. He did ok at the dogs but close to zilch of that was due to his canny horse trading. His Richmond "achievements" are well documented. Unless you credit him with running their club into the ground so hard it got them Martin.

Tim Watson might as well start calling himself "The Coach" then.

Greenwood's was a weak play I'm less harsh on players backing back into packs because it is something we appreciate for its courage and commitment when we see it, not an everyday thing for all players.

My usual routine of keeping timestamps of scores during a game, here they are for anyone who wants to have a watch again:

1st
18.40 Brown Behind
18.20 TT Rushed
14.50 JY Behind
12:00 TT Behind
11.10 BB Behind
5.30 MW GOAL
2.25 BB Behind
1.10 JZ GOAL
0.30 BB Behind

2nd
18.20 BB OOF
10.15 TT GOAL
8.00/6.52(replay) LDU Attempted MOTY
4.40 MW Behind
3.35 KT GOAL

3rd
19.30 JZ GOAL
11.08 JZ GOAL

10.40 MW behind
9.50 BB Behind
6.30 KT GOAL
5.00 JP Behind
3.30 CZ Behind
1.00 JP GOAL
0.15 BB Behind

4th
13.51 JZ Behind
12.40 LDU GOAL
7.35 LDU GOAL
4.10 NL GOAL

So I've watched the replay twice and some casual observations as i watch it a third time.

Thomas' game has been underrated. He was in so many contests and harassing, causing turnovers. 16 possessions, 32 pressure acts according to AFL.com. Not bad for a 13 gamer playing mainly half forward.

McDonald did not lose a one on one I could remember and was dominant with his body work. He is playing some solid footy, very reliable.

Goldy was great against Grundy. Grundy had the better of the stats but Goldy made him earn them and he wasn't influential while Goldy was effective when had the ball. Did some great body work in the contest. Good stuff Goldy.

Pittard, in hinsight I probably would have given him votes. Did not make a mistake and showed composure and courage. What a great pick up.

Atley played another outstanding game. This bloke is having an outstanding year, does not make mistakes and his composed with the ball and is showing his creative flair as well.

Durdin was fantastic. His put body work on Cox before the contest was excellent, pushed the boundary a few times but got away with it except for that one that gave Cox his first goal which was soft anyway.

Best 4 quarter effort for ages

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back