Autopsy vs Collingwood - Rd 18, 2018 - Hate hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE

Remove this Banner Ad

Ticks to Ahern, Anderson, Daw, Higgins , Tarrant and I lost count of how many Pie supporters around me said they didn't realise that Cunnington was such a good playr. But seriously on team selection. With their midget defence why wouldn't we played Preuss in the square, had Simpkin at his feet, rolled BBB up and down working the angles and then throw Preuss into the ruck for 10 minutes a quarter to pulverise Grundy and throw Maj down back to run interference on their smalls. Nah, on second thoughts, that'd make too much sense.

Here some stats from the game I have analysed with respect to pressure acts vs tackling........

Let's compare each team's small/medium forwards:

North: Turner, Hrovat, Zeibell, Atley
Pies: DeGoey, Thomas, Daicos, Mayne

North 98 pressure acts for only 10 tackles
Pies: 78 pressure acts for 19 tackles.
Spot on Big Fella. Below are the 4 highest players for the NMFC in Pressure Acts. They were our small Forwards. How many goals were created by these Pressure Acts? Not too many. :stern look

IMG_2443.PNG

Ticks to Ahern, Anderson, Daw, Higgins , Tarrant and I lost count of how many Pie supporters around me said they didn't realise that Cunnington was such a good playr. But seriously on team selection. With their midget defence why wouldn't we played Preuss in the square, had Simpkin at his feet, rolled BBB up and down working the angles and then throw Preuss into the ruck for 10 minutes a quarter to pulverise Grundy and throw Maj down back to run interference on their smalls. Nah, on second thoughts, that'd make too much sense.
Masked Avenger > Brads "Mr Mediocrity" Scotts :stern look

Spot on Big Fella. Below are the 4 highest players for the NMFC in Pressure Acts. They were our small Forwards. How many goals were created by these Pressure Acts? Not too many. :stern look

View attachment 530745

This pressure acts stat is an absolute nonsense.

One tiny moment of enjoyment I will take from this match is how visibly pissed Maj got at Levi near the end of the 4th. I don't think I've ever seen that expression on Maj's face before, and THEN he turns around and lets him have it.
Hope it wasn't because of something Greenbuck$ said (unless it was, "you should have chased collingwood $$$'s like me when you had the offer).

But Maj did react. Normally, even when he sits some campaigner on their arse he has a grin from ear to ear.

You are usually performing a pressure act because your opponent has the ball.

It’s a stupid ******* stat that shows how s**t a player is at getting the pill, but let’s give him a pat on the back for chasing.
Exactly. The greatest pressure a small forward can place on their opponent is to snap a goal after crumbing a contest. What is the point of having a back pocket mentality deep in the forward line. Lock it in.... for what??? When nobody is trying to get in and under to contest except for Brownie (and to an extent, JZ).

And why do our small forwards contest pack marks? Show these campaigners some video of Jimmy and Phil - their awareness around the pack was fantastic - they could identify the outlets and get into position without crowding it even further. Maybe they had an advantage of how well they played together, but if only somebody in our team could take some inspiration...........

So we gave Harvey the arse to give Turner and Hrovat a shot as Small Forwards. How's that working for yah Scotts? :stern look
We didn't even have Hrovat yet
Fake%20news.png

Smashed on the spread, repeat easy exits allowed them to get through with ease.

Our depth issues are killing us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't he meant to be the next Harvey. Anyways you're missing the point. Why pick him up as a replacement for Harvey? You need to face facts. Mr Mediocrity = Ironstein :stern look
You need to face facts, Harvey has almost been gone for two year and carrying on about that decision is embarrassing.

You need to face facts, Harvey has almost been gone for two year and carrying on about that decision is embarrassing.
No it isn't. I'm making a point. Now with the benefit of hindsight was it the right move to Arse Hole an Icon of our football club in the name of player development. How is that working out? How are the players given the opportunity in that small forward role tracking at the minute? A Wrong decision is wrong. :stern look

One tiny moment of enjoyment I will take from this match is how visibly pissed Maj got at Levi near the end of the 4th. I don't think I've ever seen that expression on Maj's face before, and THEN he turns around and lets him have it.

That kind of lifted my heart a little, cos there used to be a bit of criticism on here of Maj for being not that emotionally invested, or having a lazy attitude about the game. I don't personally feel that was ever true, and I'm pretty sure most of that opinion by others has died off here by now anyway. Nontheless, that was a little glimmer of fire from him that I haven't seen before, and it fanned the little hope flames in my heart.

And speaking of, I think everyone should go back and re-read that brilliant post H2H did in the Changes thread for this Round. It will make you feel better.

We'll smash the Weagles. We have to. It's Hobart.
It's the obvious disdain he displayed for Greenwood that stood out too. It was a pretty nasty clip as well and Majak just shrugged it off. That was in sharp contrast to Stephenson's behaviour after Marley's semi-hit on him. I don't really blame Stephenson, as he's not a unit like Majak.

You kidding? Collingwood had a younger side than us!!
That's not really the point I'm making, KT. For the record, I have no issue with your longstanding view on the direction the club should have gone. You have been nothing if not consistent. My point is related to where we are actually at right here and now.

I was going to post some long-winded analysis when I realised that I was 1000 words in and I had covered about 1/4 of the issues that were on display yesterday and have been present since that fateful 2nd half against Brisbane. Instead I will just say that yesterday was a shambles, an absolute shambles from start to finish in all facets of the game. The coaching was just wrong, the setups, structures and individual match-ups were horrible from the get go and the effort, composure and skills from a lot of the players were severely lacking. The only good from yesterday is that if I am being honest, before the season I was fully expecting about 5 performances like that for the year so to make it this far and have that be the first one is some sort of positive I guess.

The Blakey bid match is irrelevant to the discussion. It is semantics. It is just an historical record that he will be considered the number 3, 4 or 5 draft pick instead of the number 9 or so when Sydney actually spends their pick to get him. It makes no difference to the real world situation where another club potentially bids for Thomas and risks us calling their bluff so that they lose Lukosious, one of the King Brothers, Walsh, Rankine, Hately or Bytel.

Of course it does if we don’t want to use our first pick

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's the obvious disdain he displayed for Greenwood that stood out too. It was a pretty nasty clip as well and Majak just shrugged it off. That was in sharp contrast to Stephenson's behaviour after Marley's semi-hit on him. I don't really blame Stephenson, as he's not a unit like Majak.
Yeah Maj's reaction was from a crap attempt at a spoil by Levi. Basically a full fist to the jaw.

"We'll back them in"

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back