Autopsy vs Collingwood - Rd 18, 2018 - Hate hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on Big Fella. Below are the 4 highest players for the NMFC in Pressure Acts. They were our small Forwards. How many goals were created by these Pressure Acts? Not too many. :stern look

View attachment 530745

Yesterday not many but so far during the year quite a few. We generate a lot of goals from turn overs and when we were playing well that is what those small forwards were doing. Pressure acts.

Yesterday they were providing pressure acts but no goals came about. This isn't necessarily just cos the small forwards are performing a role they are asked to do. Other factors contributed to it. (And yesterday we deserved more than a few htb frees we didn't get, off the back of multiple chases leading to a tackle that should have been rewarded.)

Yesterday not many but so far during the year quite a few. We generate a lot of goals from turn overs and when we were playing well that is what those small forwards were doing. Pressure acts.

Yesterday they were providing pressure acts but no goals came about. This isn't necessarily just cos the small forwards are performing a role they are asked to do. Other factors contributed to it. (And yesterday we deserved more than a few htb frees we didn't get, off the back of multiple chases leading to a tackle that should have been rewarded.)
Yeah? How many goals have our small forwards kicked for the year? For all the Pressure Acts they apply I dare say the amount of goals "they've" kicked from them would be rather low. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah? How many goals have our small forwards kicked for the year? For all the Pressure Acts they apply I dare say the amount of goals "they've" kicked from them would be rather low. :stern look

No one was whinging when they were doing their job and we were kicking more goals from turnovers. Now we didn't but they are doing the same thing which suggests the problem is actually somewhere else.

We're all recognising that since a particular half time (against the Lions) our defensive pressure has gone to s**t and you want players who are still maintaining that pressure to drop it as well and chase goals?

No one was whinging when they were doing their job and we were kicking more goals from turnovers. Now we didn't but they are doing the same thing which suggests the problem is actually somewhere else.

We're all recognising that since a particular half time (against the Lions) our defensive pressure has gone to s**t and you want players who are still maintaining that pressure to drop it as well and chase goals?
Mate with all due respect there is a Pressure Act and then there is a Pressure Act that causes a Turnover. In addition if you think for a second that our small forwards impact the scoreboard you are sadly mistaken. It is our key forwards who by and large kick our goals. Now I know that you don't attend many games. I do and when you're at the game you can see what sort of Pressure our forwards apply and to be frank it isn't good enough. Sure the problem is Team wide at the minute but our small forwards are giving us bugger all. Offensively and Defensively. Now you can think otherwise but you'd be sadly mistaken. :stern look

Spot on Big Fella. Below are the 4 highest players for the NMFC in Pressure Acts. They were our small Forwards. How many goals were created by these Pressure Acts? Not too many. :stern look

View attachment 530745

Agree with this point and have had it in the back of my mind for a while. Our smalls just arent quick enough to catch the man. Pressure acts seem like a deceptive stat. If you're small and not elite (Rioli, Poppy in their prime levels of quick) with speed, you better have exceptional skills and smarts like Sammy Mitchell

Robbo is right. You had to combine both of their stats to match up against a single Collingwood player on the weekend.
Nothing against Heath but Robbo is spot on and I dont find anything funny in that.
Journalistic ineptness or not - Turner, Atley and McDonald were pathetic on Saturday - especially early on.
But hey, bum taps and high fives all round - she'll be right lads. The boss will back us in.
Putrid stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back