Autopsy vs Collingwood - Rd 18, 2018 - Hate hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE

Remove this Banner Ad

If Snake_Baker was around he’d definitely point out that we handballed too much.

164 kicks, 193 handballs.

Collingwood 167HB, 219kicks

Indicative of the pressure in this case. We were slow to do everything and the Pies swamped us. Hoping like hell we're more proactive than reactive v WC this week.

Indicative of the pressure in this case. We were slow to do everything and the Pies swamped us. Hoping like hell we're more proactive than reactive v WC this week.

I really want to buy into the theory that both North & Swans were cooked from the week before, but it’s a hard sell. Need to win to keep the season alive

I really want to buy into the theory that both North & Swans were cooked from the week before, but it’s a hard sell. Need to win to keep the season alive
Yep, hard sell alright.

Both are similar imo. Good forward/s, workmanlike midfield and solid defence on their day... I'm hoping we are rising whilst they are falling, but it's hard to tell atm...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

There was clearly some element of that, it's too much of a coincidence to me otherwise. We're struggling for personnel and have been for quite a while. The ones that have come in and done well such as Ahern, Jed etc have never played this amount of games as core players before. They can't carry the load that other more experienced players can (to whatever standard that may be) which means the load gets bigger and bigger on a smaller set of players.

There was clearly some element of that, it's too much of a coincidence to me otherwise. We're struggling for personnel and have been for quite a while. The ones that have come in and done well such as Ahern, Jed etc have never played this amount of games as core players before. They can't carry the load that other more experienced players can (to whatever standard that may be) which means the load gets bigger and bigger on a smaller set of players.

Spot on, which is why I’m not sure we can bounce back, well maybe if we get some players back we’re a chance.

Spot on, which is why I’m not sure we can bounce back, well maybe if we get some players back we’re a chance.

Yeah I'm confident we'll bounce back performance wise but the fact is WC are a far better side than us in 2018 and us winning is a long shot, just not so long as it could be thanks to the Tassie factor. A win will take a supreme effort. I'm just hoping that win, lose or draw we return to the pressure game which made us so successful earlier in the season.

Am I correct in saying that most Chmampion Data is a purchased product that Clubs buy? Is this why most of it is somewhere near The Bermuda Triangle?

Pretty much, plus it's priced at an amount which makes it impossible for regular schmoes like us to buy. Clubs spend more on it (multiple licences) than the majority of people would make in a year.

Pretty much, plus it's priced at an amount which makes it impossible for regular schmoes like us to buy. Clubs spend more on it (multiple licences) than the majority of people would make in a year.

Huh

And I thought Computers were a passing fad in 1983.

Last week was indeed our worst performance of the year, eclipses round 6 Port Adelaide and that Goldy vs Gawn game.

Sydney did worse than us so I'm hoping it was just a one off coming about from the after effects of that, most teams have had at last one horrible performance this year.

The upcoming match against WCE will tell us if it was a one off or if we're cooked
Correct on all fronts.

Haven’t read the whole thread.

We’ve gone back to our old ways alarmingly quickly. We were 10 goals up against Brisbane at halftime (they were down to 1 on the bench) and we got outscored, Beames killed us, our defence looked like s**t again and we have not recovered.
Where has the manic pressure and all ground press gone? We miss Hartung’s pace, we are full of foot soldiers that can’t keep up.
Dumont is too slow, can’t have him. Ziebell is a 3rd forward and nothing more. Wright is a statue, J-Mac and McDonald are finito.
Excuses for Thompson as he had a smashed nose early on. Turner hasn’t done a thing, we need Maj in the backline.
Unfortunately it’s the same old story....we look good early in the year when everyone is fresh, then you get injuries and niggles and we very quickly get exposed.
Even our preliminary final years we were miles away, who honestly was confident going into the Sydney or West Coast prelims? Once teams get a run on against us it gets very ugly very quickly.
And now we are going to be punished for being competitive again this season, another mid range pick we’ll piss up against the wall. We never unearth gems like all other clubs do

We never unearth gems like all other clubs do
Pick 36: MacMillan
Pick 41: Wood
Pick 47: Brown
Pick 36: EVW
Pick 73: Larkey
Rookie: Zurhaar, Murphy.

And in the past:
Pick 43: Swallow
Pick 37: Goldy
Pick 53: Lindsay Thomas
Pick 67: Pickett

Its fair to be dirty about the match but there's little evidence to show that we struggle to gain output from the draft.

Now I admit some of those players are unproven or just serviceable but for their pick # and draft pool we get decent value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And in the past:

Its fair to be dirty about the match but there's little evidence to show that we struggle to gain output from the draft.

Now I admit some of those players are unproven or just serviceable but for their pick # and draft pool we get decent value.

BBB was a steal

Coleman medalist

Likely 10 year player

Media friendly

Franchise/marketable player

Kid friendly

Future Captain

And in the past:

lets not too far in the past, its about our current recruiters. In the past we got guys like King Loose and Spud!

As for out put in your current list, as you say they are completely unproven bar Brown. There's no way you can say we get out put form the draft based on those names.

lets not too far in the past, its about our current recruiters. In the past we got guys like King Loose and Spud!

As for out put in your current list, as you say they are completely unproven bar Brown. There's no way you can say we get out put form the draft based on those names.
Go take a look at recent drafts, see who we picked and who was still left on the table.
What decisions would you make differently?

Rick, you’ve got experience with this. Is it possible to imagine a consumer product that has more than the public stats and less than the clubs get? They drip feed stuff like bits of kick rating, pressure points, effective metres gained, assisted metres gained etc through the media and it’s annoying not to have proper access to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back