Autopsy Vs Crows - Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They both played lock-down instead of loose rebounding roles and the side benefited.
I agree. LMac was good when moved on Betts. However Marley is better than both for that role IMO. Seems to be pretty much automatic selection when fit. Someone has to miss out. JMac was decent I thought as well and overall the defence functioned well. Putting Ats back has been the masterstroke of the year.

WayneShimmiesTheBush

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think the majority of our supporters think its time for Brad Scott to move on and I am one of them. And I guess one way to speed this process up is to continue losing games which puts more pressure on our coach. However as much as I want the club to change coaches, i don't want to see my team lose games. As much as losing last night would have put even more pressure on Brad, I love watching my club win games and I am stoked that we finally won a game (even if it lessens the pressure on Brad). And win lose or draw, as a supporter all i want to see is players showing the same intensity they showed last night all year round.

Shame for all the guys that refuse to or cant watch us anymore missed a great game.
Great game? I didn’t see it as I’m away but listened to radio. No one, and I mean no on, s calling it a great game. I guessthe quality level you set for football games is the same as you set for coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
ok time for a bit of an overview at 1-3

after high expectations preseason things fell apart with a decimated backline and clearly too many new blokes at once

certainly brissie was a poor game, we really shld have been more competitive

mckay, at this point, is not up to speed and campbell we will have to see
polec and pittard seem good Hall is gonna be good and bad as we all knew
TT looks v likely, Scott can play but say against Brissy they outmuscled us and he is really skinny
In other words he does not HAVE to get a game every week
Whereas LDU does, and I wld play TT as he is more mature physically

The Carey razz worked
Why these players have to be shamed in the press before performing is incredibly disappointing for the NMFC fan, but lets face it, teams are up and down, praps we will get moving

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the crowd talk.

My direct family wasn't able to come.

So I took my sister and two of my nephews. The boys have not been exposed to nearly enough footy. We're basically completely disinterested through the first half.

Some point late in the third they started getting into it and by the end of the game they were making noise of their own.

This is what winning does. It creates interest.

When you serve up the absolute vanilla losing bullshit that we have for the however long it's been now, it's gonna take a toll.

If the club want people to go to the footy they have to work the way out of the hole we're in.

We have around 15-16k absolute rusted on supporters and this run of 60 games for 20 wins is taking a toll.
Good point with only 20 wins from 60 taking there toll. Even worse for Melbourne based supporters as a decent chunk of those wins 20 were in Tassie.

GeordieRoo

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Glad the players and coaches get the win and I’m happy for those who went that got to enjoy it.
I don’t think it even comes close to indicating we can salvage something from the season, the skills and kicking in particular was dismal at times but they showed some fight and that’s pleasing.
We are way behind St Kilda for example who also played a shell of a Hawthorn 22 but managed to get it done.
The crowds are a result of having an administration they treats its members with utter contempt and they will continue to dwindle but hey at least we’ve got 4 games to come in Tassie for ‘on-field’ reasons.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do any posters have a rough idea how much money the club make from playing 4 games in Tasmania. I am guessing a fair bit The other bonus TT and future TT ,s

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Glad the players and coaches get the win and I’m happy for those who went that got to enjoy it.
I don’t think it even comes close to indicating we can salvage something from the season, the skills and kicking in particular was dismal at times but they showed some fight and that’s pleasing.
We are way behind St Kilda for example who also played a shell of a Hawthorn 22 but managed to get it done.
The crowds are a result of having an administration they treats its members with utter contempt and they will continue to dwindle but hey at least we’ve got 4 games to come in Tassie for ‘on-field’ reasons.
Not convinced we are way behind the Saints. I would have thought we would be way in front of them. In all aspects. and before posters mention the coach the saints coach Richardsons record is no better probably worse .

Who is this "We" you talk about? DarkPhoenix and yourself? :stern look
I've actually never said I wanted the club to keep moving games to Tasmania, but keep pushing that narrative :thumbsu:

I want the club to be sustainable in Melbourne, that isn't going to happen with crowds of 17k.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back