Autopsy Vs Crows - Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

thats rubbish - its happening at alot of clubs not just North.

That doesn't make it okay. We more than most can't afford to be just like other clubs.

So, we're a game off 6th spot.

What a weird season this is turning out to be.

It is usually like this, if you can get to 3-3 or 4-4 you can still make finals as long as you have a decent middle portion of the season, the vast majority of teams are rubbish, there are like 2 stand outs and 4 that don't stink and two end up playing the finals which probably shouldn't and will exit fairly quickly.

The problem is we do very little other than scrape into the 8, if we can achieve that. It really isn't the springboard to success. The sad thing was that last year we beat good team, a lot more than Collingwood did, we just lost to too many ordinary teams.

It is usually like this, if you can get to 3-3 or 4-4 you can still make finals as long as you have a decent middle portion of the season, the vast majority of teams are rubbish, there are like 2 stand outs and 4 that don't stink and two end up playing the finals which probably shouldn't and will exit fairly quickly.

The problem is we do very little other than scrape into the 8, if we can achieve that. It really isn't the springboard to success. The sad thing was that last year we beat good team, a lot more than Collingwood did, we just lost to too many ordinary teams.
Tipping this year is an absolute nightmare. It's one of those years anyone could win it all.

Which one of Tudor/Moore/Crocker/McDonald/Joyce got the forward line this year?

Do you reckon they draw it out of a hat each November?

“Oh FFS...the forward line!!! Anyone still got Jarrad Waite’s number?”

Whoever drew the midfield would have been feeling pretty chuffed until halfway through the intra club when Jed did his hamstring and the realisation that Jacobs wasn’t playing anytime soon.

LOVED the effort in the second half. Led by the senior players, they dug in and hunted the opposition. The North Melbourne heat was ON. It was fried Crow for breakfast. Can't always have a winning team but there's no reason we can't have a team with this effort every week.

TOLERATED the poor spectacle. The game was rubbish but we just had to win. We played in a manner that will never win a club a premiership but we just had to win and we did. Thank goodness we didn't lose playing like that otherwise I'd have burst a foofer valve.

HATED the entire round of football. Only one game was decided by more than four goals which sounds good but when only four teams scored more than 11 goals (and one of them lost) then the margins will be closer. High scoring doesn't necessarily mean a good game, but if the raft of rule changes was meant to make for a better spectacle then the only difference between AFL and FAIL is the I - which I assume stands for inept.

I've actually never said I wanted the club to keep moving games to Tasmania, but keep pushing that narrative :thumbsu:

I want the club to be sustainable in Melbourne, that isn't going to happen with crowds of 17k.
Yeah I get it. You don't want the NMFC to play home games in Tasmania because 17,000 is a poor crowd but s**t we can play in front of 14,000 in Hobart and that's a raging success. You're Full of It. :stern look

Last edited:
My take on the crowds will never change.

Life's busy. We can go to the footy. We can work. We can spend time with friends and family. We can do something else altogether. No club can just assume they'll get a crowd just because, and certainly a smaller club like ours can't. We have to offer something that will bring people along.

In the first 3 weeks of the season we offered nothing. We got the crowd we deserved last night. The club has to do better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won a game.

The name Winston Wolfe springs to mind.

Why did we go there?

To pay debt.

We have little debt now.

Yet we just lost another game from our heartland.
We have little debt now probably because we still play 4 games a year in Tas. Maybe if more supporters turned up to games we would not have to play there.

What still?

This is the first year we've played 4 games in Hobart.

Most people were OK with the commercial reality of needing to play games in Hobart.

However we've gone 2 games to 3 game to now 4 games.

We've neglected the heartland and it shows now.

i know it doesnt make it ok but if it took me 2 minutes to get my replacement ticket then im not sure its that bigger deal.

I know what you're saying but look at it from the perspective of a first time member that just decided to take a punt on joining up. It's not rusted on's that they need to worry about. If you went to a restaurant and they brought out your meal 40mins late, it was the wrong meal and was full of peanuts after you told them you had an allergy you'd rightly never eat there again. We need these people more than they need the club.

My take on the crowds will never change.

Life's busy. We can go to the footy. We can work. We can spend time with friends and family. We can do something else altogether. No club can just assume they'll get a crowd just because, and certainly a smaller club like ours can't. We have to offer something that will bring people along.

In the first 3 weeks of the season we offered nothing. We got the crowd we deserved last night. The club has to do better.

Pretty much, and in a perfect world we all have time for footy and would come to watch us play all the time, and I don't thjink anyone enjoys the low crowd numbers. Its on the club to make sure that happens, its all well and good to say 'go out and support the team' constantly but thats only gonna register with the people that'll come out to watch us play anyway. It's fence-sitters and people who aren't getting the message that it falls on for the club to get to.

With that said, I think last night set us up nicely for hopefully a very North crowded good friday.

What still?

Most people were OK with the commercial reality of needing to play games in Hobart.

17000 fans and probably more than half of them are opposition fan to a game in the heart land. Who is neglecting who.

What still?

Let me put it to you in a different way.Would we survive with out the 2 million $ a year we will get this year from playing in Tas long term.

17000 fans and probably more than half of them are opposition fan to a game in the heart land. Who is neglecting who.
Seriously, do you work for the club?

Games in Sydney, Canberra, Gold Coast and Hobart. Changing the name from North Melbourne to The Kangaroos, wearing orange, doing away with Shinboner spirit, continuing with the most unsuccessful coach of all time. This is all neglecting the heartland, and the results show. We do not learn. This is not a chicken and egg scenario, the crowd is on the club, not the supporters.

Also worth noting that the train situation put an additional obstacle for getting to the game. The game was also on television. I know I wasn't the only one driving south-side after parking the car close to a tram stop near the city. Was a bit more of an effort this week, particularly for those with kids.

Shut up and buy a membership 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back