Autopsy Vs Crows - Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

For a lot of the second half, our midfield at bounces was;

Goldstein
LDU
Ahern
Cunnington

Higgins and Simpkin on the wings.

Amazingly, we started winning clearances and delivering the footy forward. I am shocked.

...the same issues were still present tonight...
Yes and no. Goal kicking is still bad, gameplan still doesn't suit our strengths anywhere near as well as it should, and a bunch of blokes low on confidence/form.

However the aggressive style and a few dozen less loopy handballs served us very well, and structurally we performed much better with some nice leads by Brown and even a crumb or two being gobbled up by smaller blokes.

As to the opposition, yeah they were bad. And of particular interest was their crap ruck stocks. Not sure just how much of a difference that made for us, but our centre clearance work was much better (inclusion of jed/ahern alone would have done wonders for the differentia tbh).

The bookends (Brown & Tarrant) finally clicked, Thompson & Pittard were also good down back.

The lesser lights Simpkin, Wood, Atley, Zurhaar, Turner were excellent with their effort, and Jed Anderson IS the spiritual warrior of this team.

Goldstein was also very good.

Simpkin and wood great early. Turner - if he could kick a few more goals no one would ever question him. He is a talisman, and is rightly one of our first picked.Tarrant and Thomson terrific. Dumont great. Cunners and JZ led. Hall, polec, ldu, tt all part of it now. Z and Jed grouse. Ugly as sin but a win is a win is a win. Winning ugly is what ya need sometimes. We have a very talented team there, it might even click now.

It is nice to win and hear the song. We have one of the best songs in the competition. Objectively.

Atley was superb. If he played like that more than three or four times per season he would be worth what we paid for him (Dodoro, Dodoro).

That play where he shook off Sloane, gave a don't argue to some other dude, ran forward and hit a target inside 50 was sublime.

Thompson was terrific as well. One of the best Shinboners of the past twenty years for mine.

Higgins has been sloppy but to come back from that knock and still get another 30 touches is something else.

Brown was playing for frees and missing set shots he used to kick, but at the end of the day, four goals is four goals.

Macmillan is a deadset liability these days. Some of what McDonald did was pitiful. But glad to see him get a win in his 100th.

I thought Goldstein did some nice things, moved well. Might not be cooked just yet.

Adelaide are truly woeful. Will be lucky to finish above the bottom four.

Anderson, Zurhaar and Ahern all good ins. Wood is still a cat AFAIAC.

JB commentated well. Can sometimes be too anti-NMFC but tonight was fair, and he seemed to keep the other turkeys in line.

Hope all the supporters who bothered to turn up enjoy the win. They deserve it.

Miserable lot in here... I for one am wrapped with the effort tonight!!! Absolutely dominanted clearances & inside 50’s.
Should have smashed em!!!

The effort was good all night, we only have to get rid of the idiot that coached that first half of utter rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy that we won ugly. If we kicked straight, that would've been a shellacking. We absolutely dominated them in the second half.
The easy misses were extra foul to watch because of how pervasive an issue it's been. It was easily the ugliest thing about tonight and I think I outright looked away for half our set shots.

You don't realise just how good LDU is until you watch him live. Just the way he creates space for himself and will only release the ball when it's the right option. Such a brilliant talent for us to ruin.

He's starting to run out games better now.

The bookends (Brown & Tarrant) finally clicked, Thompson & Pittard were also good down back.

The lesser lights Simpkin, Wood, Atley, Zurhaar, Turner were excellent with their effort, and Jed Anderson IS the spiritual warrior of this team.

Goldstein was also very good.

What a statement.

Just epitomizes the nmfc.

For a lot of the second half, our midfield at bounces was;

Goldstein
LDU
Ahern
Cunnington

Higgins and Simpkin on the wings.

Amazingly, we started winning clearances and delivering the footy forward. I am shocked.
Add Jed to that and we had aggression and ball winning ability. Just what we've been crying out for.

Add Polec, Hall, Higgo and Froggy and we were able to run a game out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back