Autopsy Vs Crows - Rd 4, 2019

Why is it that our wins are always proviso'd with: "But their opponents were x" by those in the footysphere?

Be nice if we won it on our own merit for once.

In this case, it's justified - Crows were woeful. The margin flattered them and that was down to our kicking for goal.

Robbo's DISLIKES

1. ADELAIDE

The Crows have hounded the “dislikes’’ this season, but Saturday night’s performance against North Melbourne was the worst. Rancid, unimaginative, boring, pathetic — take your pick to describe them. Coach Don Pyke was stunned after the game and skipper Rory Sloane was dumbfounded about why his team played safe, slow, uncontested and backwards football. They had the ball in their hands in their defensive half 74 times, they turned it over in their defensive half 36 times and only had 14 inside-50s. You can blame Tex Walker and Josh Jenkins all you like, and they do need to have more impact, but also blame everyone else. The coach’s game plan for one. Did the players ignore Pyke’s instruction to move the ball quicker and take risks, or did they follow the game plan and play losing football? The score flattered the Crows. They deserved to lose by 10 goals. It’s crisis time at Adelaide.

I know what you're saying but look at it from the perspective of a first time member that just decided to take a punt on joining up. It's not rusted on's that they need to worry about. If you went to a restaurant and they brought out your meal 40mins late, it was the wrong meal and was full of peanuts after you told them you had an allergy you'd rightly never eat there again. We need these people more than they need the club.

People with peanut allergies?

To much time on your hands bud We are debating footy you are making it personal but what ever pleases you.

Mate, clearly your heart is in the right place, but you've basically got this naive view about what's going on with our club. The concerns about Tasmanian games are real and valid. The concerns about treating members like crap are real and valid. The concerns about the coach's long-term, serious shortcomings are real and valid. There has been detailed and robust discussion on each of these issues for literally years on this board and you've sort of just jumped in with a very superficial "don't criticise the club" stance on each. There are plenty of threads here to read to inform yourself more fully.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate, clearly your heart is in the right place, but you've basically got this naive view about what's going on with our club. The concerns about Tasmanian games are real and valid. The concerns about treating members like crap are real and valid. The concerns about the coach's long-term, serious shortcomings are real and valid. There has been detailed and robust discussion on each of these issues for literally years on this board and you've sort of just jumped in with a very superficial "don't criticise the club" stance on each. There are plenty of threads here to read to inform yourself more fully.
Well I have been a paying member for 34 years this year with no complaints how I have been treated but some people may feel different . I have no problem with that Just because my views and opinions are different certainly do not make me naïve in any form and it should not matter if I have been on this board for 5 minutes or 10 years I think every poster long term and short term disagree on many subjects. I agree with many things the club is doing and disagree with other things it is doing. it is why we have a forum so supporters can air their views wrong or right depends what side of the fence you are on to what you believe. no disrespect intended at all LuvtheKangas none at all.

^ All good, mate. Agree that it doesn't matter how long you've been posting on the board, but was pointing out that a lot of the matters have been fully discussed. Lots of valid opinions on both sides of these discussions.

(Double liked for correct spelling of naïve :thumbsu:)

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
LOVED the effort in the second half. Led by the senior players, they dug in and hunted the opposition. The North Melbourne heat was ON. It was fried Crow for breakfast. Can't always have a winning team but there's no reason we can't have a team with this effort every week.

TOLERATED the poor spectacle. The game was rubbish but we just had to win. We played in a manner that will never win a club a premiership but we just had to win and we did. Thank goodness we didn't lose playing like that otherwise I'd have burst a foofer valve.

HATED the entire round of football. Only one game was decided by more than four goals which sounds good but when only four teams scored more than 11 goals (and one of them lost) then the margins will be closer. High scoring doesn't necessarily mean a good game, but if the raft of rule changes was meant to make for a better spectacle then the only difference between AFL and FAIL is the I - which I assume stands for inept.

I like the idea of ‘loved, tolerated, hated’ in the autopsy thread.

Polec comes across as a very private introvert who'd rather not mix in a large group or talk to other people except that his exceptional talent demands he make a living from a team sport.
Agreed, and that partially explains why he's now at his third AFL club. But in saying that, there is nothing especially wrong with it, and no reason why he can't play 100 games for North and help us win a flag. I suppose, private introvert who can play, is better than a perfect clubman who is loved by everyone, but is an average footballer...

Agreed, and that partially explains why he's now at his third AFL club. But in saying that, there is nothing especially wrong with it, and no reason why he can't play 100 games for North and help us win a flag. I suppose, private introvert who can play, is better than a perfect clubman who is loved by everyone, but is an average footballer...

Ironically, you've just described our most recent 100-gamer.

I reckon we're the best in the comp for winning games by 12 points that should have been won by 50
It's not easy, but we're experts at it.
Not surprising when you play the entire last quarter like there's 90 seconds left on the clock.

I'm not convinced keepings off is going to be a viable, long term winning strategy and I'm definitely not convinced it suits our list.

Well drilled sides with half sharp coaches will shut that play down pretty quickly.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec comes across as a very private introvert who'd rather not mix in a large group or talk to other people except that his exceptional talent demands he make a living from a team sport.

I like these kind of people. Unless they go lone wolf/postal

Back