Autopsy vs Crows - Round 9 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

headinsand_getty_crop_nov_2014_0.png
Lol.

Keep 'em coming Scarecrow :thumbsu:

If you wanted to select the perfect kickout from full back, the perfect kick to space and the perfect kick to dribble a goal - those 3 back to back to back we’re exactly that.
Took 15 seconds. 11:18 kicked out.
11:03 bounces through. Surely a record if not top 3?

Ah, FFS, really, is this the level we’re setting the interaction bar at now?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dense comment is dense.

The felatio can begin when we are 11-6 or ideally 3-0 next season.

I still consider the only real long term angle important aspect of yesterday’s game outside of Maj/LDU/Mahoney/Scott/Lukey was the continued growth in McKay.

I feel the slow development and not exposing him too early has been really well done and the club should be congratulated on turning around our development fortunes.

In saying that, intraday movements and results are not how we should be judging this team. We were 2-0 and flying. And once again we have somehow managed to * up a season that promised so much, a soft win against a team full of kids and crabs and blokes who are mentally broken from a Camp a few years ago is not going to all of a sudden make me happy.

Well mate if you actually bothered to watch the ******* game you would've seen that some of our kids (i.e our FUTURE) were some of our best.

LDU 2 goals, Mahoney 2 goals, Zurhaar 3 goals, Larkey 2 goals. Bloody hell Simpkin had a down day but even he had 17 touches and a goal.

How can winning games by playing our KIDS possibly be detrimental for our future?

The two are mutually exclusive.

Of course it’s great our kids are playing well, of course it is. But separately to that, winning was potentially detrimental to our future - I’m not sure which part you are not grasping.

Watching players like Hall, MacMillan, Atley, Pittard and Dumont and co, run around like millionaires and look like geniuses would have just made me angry after the last 6 weeks when they all had an opportunity to stand up and make something of this year.

It was a beautiful day and I chose to do other things than watch a glorified training drill.

Hey ya'll, just wanted to say grats on the win!
Majak coming back is one of the best feel good stories in this season, arguably up there with the best of the past ten years and I think everyone, regardless of the team they support, was provided with a win this round because of it.
Hopefully this win can take you lot forward with heads high.

Dense comment is dense.

I still consider the only real long term angle important aspect of yesterday’s game outside of Maj/LDU/Mahoney/Scott/Lukey was the continued growth in McKay.

I feel the slow development and not exposing him too early has been really well done and the club should be congratulated on turning around our development fortunes.

In saying that, intraday movements and results are not how we should be judging this team. We were 2-0 and flying. And once again we have somehow managed to fu** up a season that promised so much, a soft win against a team full of kids and crabs and blokes who are mentally broken from a Camp a few years ago is not going to all of a sudden make me happy.

Of course it’s great our kids are playing well, of course it is. But separately to that, winning was potentially detrimental to our future - I’m not sure which part you are not grasping.

Watching players like Hall, MacMillan, Atley, Pittard and Dumont and co, run around like millionaires and look like geniuses would have just made me angry after the last 6 weeks when they all had an opportunity to stand up and make something of this year.

It was a beautiful day and I chose to do other things than watch a glorified training drill.
We're not tanking, so lose that shitty, 'woe is us because we won' attitude. The boys needed that win. I'm not sure if you've played footy before, but after being battered for weeks on end, a win is one of the best feelings you can experience. It's like a bloody drug hit. Taking that attitude when we have so many young guys who have barely experienced a win before is just shitty.

Also, Adelaide are a breathtaking level of s**t at the moment mate. They're nowhere near AFL standard. So, let's take yesterday with a grain of salt. We're still a crap AFL side. Looking at everyone's lists and gameplans, I think the only teams we're definitively better than are Adelaide, Freo and Hawthorn. Taking that into consideration, we're likely to finish 15th or thereabouts. So that's a top 5 draft pick. Also think Melbourne aren't gonna be finishing much higher than us. So that's likely 2 picks in the first 8 selections. Hardly a s**t position to be in.

We should still be working to win games mate. To express disappointment that we're not actively tanking, when we're likely going to have a s**t finish on the ladder anyway, is just a really, really bad call.

Didn't get much of it but his vision, decisions, and execution with the ball in hand are as good as we have already. He gave two brilliant handballs out of congestion that opened up play for us and led directly to goals. Playing his role and at his age, there will be some days where he has low stats and others where he gets the ball 15 times for 3 goals and 3 assists. Loving his development and proving to be an inspired selection at 46 in his draft. Would easily be top 20 if that draft was run again.

He had this video in his draft year where he kept saying that his father instilled him with the idea that if you get a shot on goal, don't waste it. If you get a chance to move the ball well, don't waste it. That's exactly how he plays.

That’s the worst AFL side I think we’ve played against since the first year of GWS and the Gold Coast.

Absolutely horrific.

Forward line functioned 1000% better yesterday, which id like to see against a better side before pinning it on Browns absence.

At the same time, I’m not sure he gets back in unless Larkey is injured.

But separately to that, winning was potentially detrimental to our future
There was simply no way would could have out done Adelaide's shitfulness without doing things like running Mahony in the ruck.

We have played poor footy this year Adelaide were absolutely atrocious.

The time and space we had created by their sheer unwillingness to apply any pressure was vast.

If we were in form we'd have belted them by 100+ in the equivalent of 3 quarters.

We played sloppy footy and still beat them by 69.

If you haven't watched the game you should. The idea we could have lost against what was dished up would have harmed the fabric of the club.

A couple of comments for anyone who wishes we’d lost yesterday.

First, Adelaide were as bad as I’ve seen a team play. At least you knew GC and GWS had talent even if they were being outmuscled. Crows played with no skill, no confidence and no fight. North couldn’t have lost that game without pulling tanking tricks so obvious they’d have seen us fined and banned from the draft.

Second, the players aren’t doing this for us or our draft dreams. I exchanged texts with Jack Mahoney’s mum yesterday and suffice to say he wouldn’t have thrown away his first goals and first win, after a lifelong dream of playing AFL, because a couple of Bigfooty numpties decided a loss would have been for the greater good. These guys have their careers on the line. Six losses takes Ben Brown from one of the league’s top forwards to a guy dropped from the team sitting 17th. What does a season of losses do for any of them, whether in or out of contract. Pull your heads in. They are playing professional sport to the best of their ability and we pay for the pleasure of watching them do it. Enjoy it or choose not to but yesterday they had the chance to do well what they love to do and are paid to do - and to share it with a teammate who 18 months ago might not have walked again.

It’s not the first step to a flag but if it is a step towards them regaining some confidence and belief that can only be a good thing. Draft pick stars plus no belief and you are down for a decade or more like Carlton or Melbourne. And if it’s just one fun day, then honestly - especially now - that can’t be a bad thing either.

Really missed your input.

Good to have arj back too for the most part but not so much after a win.

There was simply no way would could have out done Adelaide's shitfulness without doing things like running Mahony in the ruck.

We have played poor footy this year Adelaide were absolutely atrocious.

The time and space we had created by their sheer unwillingness to apply any pressure was vast.

If we were in form we'd have belted them by 100+ in the equivalent of 3 quarters.

We played sloppy footy and still beat them by 69.

If you haven't watched the game you should. The idea we could have lost against what was dished up would have harmed the fabric of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If not for some of our obscenely bad turnovers in back half, and umpiring gifts.....

.......I doubt the Crows would have even reached 20 points yesterday.

Dense comment is dense.

In saying that, intraday movements and results are not how we should be judging this team. We were 2-0 and flying. And once again we have somehow managed to fu** up a season that promised so much, a soft win against a team full of kids and crabs and blokes who are mentally broken from a Camp a few years ago is not going to all of a sudden make me happy.

Fair enough. Be that way. 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How would you go about actively trying to lose that game anyway?

Genuinely interested.

We would have to have physically not turned up to the stadium, even then...

Some bizarre comments in this thread. You can't throw the towel in 8 rounds into the season... :O

If it was last round or two and it was a nothing game then sure, but we pushed Pittard forward, dropped Polec and Brown... it is not like we pulled out all the stops to try and win, Adelaide is just much, much worse than we are atm.

The pleasing thing for me is the only really old player who had a significant role in the victory was Goldstein. Higgins, Atley, Hall, etc were good but they weren't really dominating performances.

It was pleasing to see some leadership from the 25ish group who historically weren't showing a lot of leadership on-field from the outside looking in that were critical to us doing well; McDonald, Anderson and Dumont. 15 clearances alone from Anderson and Dumont, Crows had 20 for their entire team.

Zurhaar had more of an influence, Larkey was a good target. Mahoney played another good game, i wish he goes for goal more when he is in position to go for goal, Taylor came back from the dead, showed a lot of resilience. LDU had a good game, getting tackled a lot but there was no reserve grade for him to find some form. Bonar looked okay. McKay went okay too. it was fantastic to see Maj back again.

Our teams were evenly matched for age and experience, we had 9 players under 50 games, 5 between 50 and 99 while Crows had 10 and 2. We had 2 players on 100-149 and 6 with 150+ and crows had 5 and 5.

People have to be more lenient with players who have missed a fair bit of footy like LDU, Bonar, etc as there is no reserve grade going on to get some match fitness or form.

For those that are banging on about dreams of winning a wooden spoon, just flip back through the drafts and figure out how many #1 picks ended up being the best player from that draft pool, it is exceptionally rare. As long as the draft pool is decent then getting an early pick will be a huge boon if we draft well.

Like, we dropped Brown and Polec.

Cunnington out, Ziebell out. All the other outs.

Rest Goldstein? Rest Simpkin?

Sure fire way to get a draft penalty from head office.

You'd have to do things that signal to every player on the list 'we're not wanting to win this game '. Which IMO is dangerous.

yesterday's game was over after the second goal we kicked. It was too easy and we just are not inept enough to stoop to a level that would have seen us lose.

I expect us to rest some players in the coming weeks which will likely make us relative easy beats given the cupboard is still pretty bare.

Hi guys, i've cancelled my Foxtel subscription (yeah i know) but i do plan on getting Kayo. Anyway i am a Telstra subscriber but they only posted the first quarter on the AFL page. is this common or can i watch the games elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Dense comment is dense.

If they televised a glorified training drill from Arden St, I’d be pretty keen to tune in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back