VFL vs Essendon 10/08 1pm (live streaming on youtube)

Remove this Banner Ad

Goals: West, William 4, Cavarra 3, Lynch, Smith, Wallis 2, Gowers, Scott, Sweet

Disposals: Cal Porter 31, Rhylee West 29, Lukas Webb 28, Ben Cavarra, Lewis Young 23, Lin Jong, Fletcher Roberts, Bailey Williams 22, Buku Khamis 20

Jordan Sweet 9 Disposals, 1 Goal, 50 hitouts

Great to see young fellas developing through the VFL but players like Hayes shouldn't be in the seniors.I would drop Dickson, due to his age rather than form, & give him a farewell game.

Future is looking very bright.

I’m impressed with Porter.
Not totally convinced he makes it , but the kid will leave nothing in tank to get there.
Certainly has a spot in front of Webb.

Have plenty to work with in Sweet , but needs to do more around the ground.
Not great hands.

Not as bullish about Cavarra as some , but would have been great to see him get a fair run at it.
Very smart footballer.

Who else was pee’d off West wasn’t playing tonight with his form today? A real shame, nothing against Hayes, hope he goes well, but a bit perplexing that one.

I’m impressed with Porter.
Not totally convinced he makes it , but the kid will leave nothing in tank to get there.
Certainly has a spot in front of Webb.

Have plenty to work with in Sweet , but needs to do more around the ground.
Not great hands.

Not as bullish about Cavarra as some , but would have been great to see him get a fair run at it.
Very smart footballer.
I agree with your comments on Porter. Webb is a better kick but Porter is much more effective in stoppages and in general play. He couldn't be more admired for his efforts. I'd like to keep him in some capacity - probably our biggest improver at VFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else was pee’d off West wasn’t playing tonight with his form today? A real shame, nothing against Hayes, hope he goes well, but a bit perplexing that one.
Not me,pretty much happy West had a good game and that's pretty much it. Now hoping Hayes has a good game tonight.
West is going to get plenty of opportunities in time.

I agree with your comments on Porter. Webb is a better kick but Porter is much more effective in stoppages and in general play. He couldn't be more admired for his efforts. I'd like to keep him in some capacity - probably our biggest improver at VFL level.

Has to be given another year at least Dogn ,
He is an engine room player , so needs more bulk for AFL.
Would be pretty sure the coaches would love him.

I would suspect Hayes gets in in front of West purely on the different roles they play. More for team balance.

I would suspect Hayes gets in in front of West purely on the different roles they play. More for team balance.
Yep. Hayes one big asset is that he will run and run all day, cover 14ks+.Given Essendons run and spread is their biggest weapon, I think it's fairly obvious why Hayes comes in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back