Autopsy vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the conditions, LMac was fine. However, Ryan just makes too many mistakes. Can't doubt his effort which is a big plus. However, you'd reckon Ahern comes in for him next week. Having said that, he is Gibson-like in his marathon running. So, he could be good for our structure. Brad and the rest of the guys would know far better than me in that regard.

Gibbo's great strength was that he knew he couldn't kick for s**t and wasn't that quick a thinker, so he got really good at setting situations up where he wouldn't have to do either of those things. If Clarke wants to be the new Sam Gibson and doesn't have some improvement left to his kicking, he should try to do the same.

4. North Melbourne is tracking for the top eight
The Kangaroos look bound for finals football in 2018, but will want to tighten their ball use before September comes around. The conditions weren’t great at the best of times, with fluky winds and intermittent rain quashing any chances of a free-flowing shootout. But there’s no valid caveat for the poor decision-making and skill execution that both teams were guilty of when in space. Several 50m penalties were also handed out while a shot on goal was reversed when it needn’t have been. Thankfully, premierships are decided by sustained form and North has proven itself more than capable of matching the best teams. Brad Scott’s men eventually played to their potential in the last quarter and looked every bit the determined unit they have been so far this year.

Love how they wait until our absolutely worst disposing game to point out that we need to improve our ball use.

Love how they wait until our absolutely worst disposing game to point out that we need to improve our ball use.
My fam were at the game and they said the wind was strong and really swirling. There were times when the flags at each end of the stadium were pointing in opposite directions.

giphy.gif

My birthday is 11/11 and my friend Fuji gave birth to a son today in Tokyo around 11a.m Tokyo time.

s**t is weird. Also we beat Freo in Perth.

View attachment 503410

Ned Kelly's hanging 11/11 and some may well say Gough Whitlam's Dismissal 11/11.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what’s funnier...,,,,,

Freo supporters blaming the loss on the umps?

Or, having Cam McCarthy as your key forward.

I’m leaning towards Cam.
On the radio they were talking about how North supporters should call up and complain about the horrendous umpiring.

Was bad both ways only that one player seem to of had good run on the day over any other.

I'd imagine that's precautionary and something they are doing every game with Sammy to prevent swelling.

Not sold on Sammy. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a fan of Sam’s for a long time, I just hope he continues to improve as I’m not sure he’s having the impact he needs to hold his spot atm... especially with Daw, BMac and Ahern currently performing. Thoughts ...?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was windy and wet. Ball use is expected to be off. Even the best of teams can struggle in those conditions but I think our Round 1 loss to GC helped. A lot actually.

We adapted better to the conditions because we were familiar with them. Freo and WCE can't play in rain. That is one of the cons of playing in a dry state.

One glaring thing about this year is that for the first time in almost a decade:

We are finally tough team to play against (pressure, tackling, defence)

We’re becoming consistent

We are actually finishing off games and winning the close ones

Everyone is playing right where they’re supposed to play (apart from Lmac)

The multiple strategy and plan Bs being used during the game

Our fitness and injury list is great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back