Autopsy vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

As a side note, couldn't be more pleased than to give Ross Lyon another loss. That misogynistic pig should be out of a job after what he did to that poor woman.

Yesterday pre game they had Lyon with Kingy & Browny from memory. The captions on the TC screen were something like
King - 2 time Premiership Player
Brown - 6 Time All Aust
Lyon - Fremantle Coach

I thought Lyons captions should have read "Almost Achieved Something"

100% agree that the hold leading to the Atley goal was missed, but for a freo fan to bring it up as a reason they lost is absolutely pathetic.

They were getting away with s**t all day that the umpires completely ignored.

Durdin getting taken out high in the middle by Sandi - Freo Goal.

At least 4 times Higgins was put down not just off the ball, but 50m off the ball- No call.

The call in the middle of "throw" when the umpire had literally no view of the contest- Guessing at best.

The amount of times a Freo player literally dived on the ball and hatched it but wasn't called for HTB was absurd.

The holding call was an absolute howler, but easily evened out by what was missed going the other way.
giantroo is there video of the incident? I couldn't find it anywhere.

At the time I thought they just got tangled up and BJ pushed him away. I thought it wasn't so much of a hold as a shove off but would need to see it again.

But yep, certainly wan't the difference in the game. Thing is, the Freo supporters are carrying on blaming the umps just like a lot of posters on here do after we lose.

giantroo is there video of the incident? I couldn't find it anywhere.

At the time I thought they just got tangled up and BJ pushed him away. I thought it wasn't so much of a hold as a shove off but would need to see it again.

But yep, certainly wan't the difference in the game. Thing is, the Freo supporters are carrying on blaming the umps just like a lot of posters on here do after we lose.
They were wrestling but BJ definitely slung him out of the contest

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

The way I see the Jacobs non decision is that we got one there and it resulted in a goal to kick us clear but Freo only got back in the game thanks to the 50 metre penalty paid to Michael Johnson when Jack briefly grabbed at his ankle. Yeah, technically a 50 metre penalty but it came a split second after Johnson clearly kneed Jack in the head as he was stomping over the top of him. The fair decision there would have been to send Johnson back behind the mark and if he complained, tell him he's lucky the free kick wasn't turned over. Just a little more force and he'd be under MRO review.

Everything else from the game seems to have been pretty much covered which suits my lazy arse just fine. Although I would like to give a quick shout-out to Sarah Jones' jeans, Derm's above-average South Park joke, and our kick-ins, which is another area of our game that continues to improve with every week.

They weren't jeans mate, they were jeggings.

Great day at the footy. Broke into song in the dying minutes.
Thompson having an incredible year. Turner's pressure and desire mammoth. Waite match winner in second half. Atley very good. Goldy neutralised Sandi and worked hard at ground level. JMac great, won a critical one on one with Walters late (love Walters but boy did he throw his head back a lot today). Jacobs mighnt have stopped Fyfe, but he won his own ball and his second and third efforts are crazy. Hartung extremely effective in his role.
Clarke sloppy.
Never easy to win in Perth. Go Roos.

How do you rate Jed Anderson mate?

They were wrestling but BJ definitely slung him out of the contest

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Yeah a little but looking above still reckon must the force came from a good shove in the chest. Was a 50/50 that you wouldn't complain if paid but just as easy to let go. From the umps point of view it would have looked like the Freo guy was over BJ's shoulder so understandable to let it go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how Fyfe moves away from Cunnington after the first fend off assuming that his team mate will bring down a player he couldn't. He's a gun but sometimes he has the defensive mindset of Brent Harvey.

With our current output we keep a healthy list and there's every possibility Brad gets his highest ever finish after the home and away this year.
I had us 3 and 7 personally this time of year.

Didnt expect the best defence in the league and a %age of 120 to go with 6 wins. The main thing is the list stays healthy.
Zurharr, Daw, Ahern, LDU, McKay, Preuss, Larkey all can come in and play a role. I hope in the second half of the year we manage the older heads better than years past.

The month of July is of extreme importance.
Essendon, Gold Coast, Sydney, Collingwood, West Coast. This will set up our year.

100% agree that the hold leading to the Atley goal was missed, but for a freo fan to bring it up as a reason they lost is absolutely pathetic.

They were getting away with s**t all day that the umpires completely ignored.

Durdin getting taken out high in the middle by Sandi - Freo Goal.

At least 4 times Higgins was put down not just off the ball, but 50m off the ball- No call.

The call in the middle of "throw" when the umpire had literally no view of the contest- Guessing at best.

The amount of times a Freo player literally dived on the ball and hatched it but wasn't called for HTB was absurd.

The holding call was an absolute howler, but easily evened out by what was missed going the other way.

That’s the issue

Any team, any game, there are bad calls from the umpire. It’s human error

To blame a loss on one umpires mistake is ignorant

I haven’t seen Turner go about things with such enthusiasm since the Elimination Final against Essendon in 2014. He was constantly in the Freo players’ faces. Hopefully, this game was his “Jed” moment and not just an outlier. If he brings that to every game from here on, we’re a live top 4 contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back