May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Well thank god that's over..

If only we could stick a tackle, that certainly let us down... ALOT

Sure the umpires missed a few but we were really poor.. As someone says, can we blame the umpires for an 11 goal loss?

Oh well, thought Hardingham and Bellchambers were our two best, and Howlett tried hard all game. Jobe was down a little, but some serious questions need to be asked on guys like Melksham, Dell'Ollio even Heppell.

Here's hoping we can rebound next week with some big ins, really missing some big guys like Zaka, Ryder, Hocking, bring on the Hawks!

Can we pleeeeeease have Browne in the team next week?
I'd love for Myers to not have to play defence.

Heppell... hurts me to say but he needs to have a game in the twos I think. Has been pretty poor lately.
Melksham... surely the faith runs out at some point?

I honestly don't think melksham had that bad of a game, one of the only people consistently sticking tackles. Umpires were a disgrace but didn't lose us the game, looking exactly like another top end of the year dropoff and with a schedule like we have the question has to be raised, will we make the finals?

st kilda we were just woeful.

this was our murphy's law game, everything that can go wrong did go wrong, harry taylor booting bananas, hawkins kicking straight, umpires sucking the sausages of the men in blue and white.

seriously, i would put it down to a full moon if i could, but that was bad, north, richmond and the blues become absolute musts from here

So of our best 22, who is missing? I count Ryder, Hurley, Hocking, Hibberd, Zaharakis. Pretty significant. No excuse, but something to keep in perspective.

Oh and Melksham didn't have a bad game? 7 possessions... yikes.

Melksham: Stagnated, gone backwards
Hooker: heck off
Hille: Looking like the end
Stanton: BAck to his crabby best.. demanding the ball in awkward situations.
Dell: Not sure what the fascination is with this bloke.

I honestly don't think melksham had that bad of a game, one of the only people consistently sticking tackles. Umpires were a disgrace but didn't lose us the game, looking exactly like another top end of the year dropoff and with a schedule like we have the question has to be raised, will we make the finals?

Really???

Looked like a 10 goal loss from the first quarter. Pretty much panned out that way apart from a 5 minute burst from us.

We have cracked the limit with our injuries. Too many players out there that aren't good enough or are role players and need the better guys in the team to bring the into play.

You can't play 2 lumbering ruckman in todays game. Gumby is so far away from having any sort of AFL fitness it is not funny.

Another Monfries usual game when we need our 150 gamers to stand up.

We are so slow at the moment which is why it looks like another 10+ goal loss coming up to the Hawks.

Heppell - can't cope with hard pressure, and is purely an outside player ATM - knd of like Stanton from 3 years back.
Dell Olio - go away
Hille - go away
Melksham - go to the twos
Hooker - go back to he lab Dr Frankenstein created you in.
Coaching staff HAVE to develop a plan B. We seem to be back to he Knights era where it's play on and attack at all costs, and hope we can out shoot the other team. We gave no ability to defend and slow he game down when getting smashed.

Really worried about some of the players.
Hille is probably the biggest worry, in my opinion. Will play like a superstar one week, and be horrible the next. Obviously with Ryder out, he is in the team, but his lack of run and chase kills us.
Lovett-Murray - Cannot see us winning finals consistently with players like NLM in the side. Doesn't have the polish that is needed. Good depth player, but a big worry.
Dyson - Ditto. Soft as butter. Have not seen him lay many tackles in his career, let alone this year or tonight.
Hooker - Massive worry at full back. If one on one near the square, I have to clench my buttcheeks together. Also, always find myself worried when he has the ball in his hands.

In saying all that, it is not doomsday. Geelong were always going to be fired up tonight, and I was worried all week. We need to get some players back, and players out of form need to go for a spell in the two's. Must rewards players who are playing well, and if that means players like Melksham etc. are dropped for 1-3 weeks to find some form so be it.

We were poor and Geelong were good, but F*** me the green pricks were a disgrace! I had my Cat supporting mates tell me about how good they were getting it. That bald prick kills us every time and the whole thing started with the crap free against Dempsey for throwing it back to the umpire too hard! Must have hurt his precious hands!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So of our best 22, who is missing? I count Ryder, Hurley, Hocking, Hibberd, Zaharakis. Pretty significant. No excuse, but something to keep in perspective.

Oh and Melksham didn't have a bad game? 7 possessions... yikes.

THAT bad of a game, my point was he was one of the only people out on the field consistently wrapping up tackles the rest of the players gave little half arsed tackle efforts allowing Geelong to do there little pretty handballs in traffic all game long.

THe Good

People are knocking heppell but thought he did ok against selwood.
Gumbies first quarter
Bellchambers
Myers developing, has some weapons

Desperately need to get Heppell and Dempsey down back, dearly missing their composure down there, plus Hepps fumbling and inability to get a quick kick away. Its been obvious for awhile but Hille is well and truly done, his inability to follow up is costing us badly as they basically have a free man at a ground level.

Clean possession was the major killer tonight, in the first half it was amazing how many times we were first to and had the numbers around the ball only to continually fumble until they made a clean getaway. To be smashed in clearances tonight by them is horrible, especially considering Selwood was kept quite.

Fletcher, Bellchambers, Hardingham and Monfries before he was subbed were the only real positives for the night, Myers and Jetta were also good enough.

We would have smashed them if we played like we did for the first 9 weeks, and we gotta find a way to get that fire and intensity back. We have gone from hunters to hunted and not knowing what to do.

Pathetic, insipid.

Blind Freddy could see they would come out with a bang and we couldn't match them.

Real concerns over Hooker now.

Hurley, Hooker, Zaka, Ryder, Winderlich, Hibberd???? Please come back soon

Must have been looking at different games then Hepp.

Yeah he had 6 tackles, but only had 7 possessions.. Time for a rest me thinks..

BACK TO BASICS!!

• HEPPELL BACK TO HALF BACK
  • MELKSHAM * OFF
  • HILLE GET FARKD
  • JETTA AND DAVEY AS OUR SMALL FORWARDS - DELL OLIO * OFF
  • MYERS, WATSON AND HOCKING BACK IN THE MIDDLE FOR NEXT WEEK
  • WINDERLICH IN

Gumby was good early. Jetta battled hard all night. Thought Heppell was good early. Bellchambers should be well ahead of Hille now. Dempsey also was good early.

So disappointed with this game. I really can't see us having much of an impact on the rest of the season and wouldn't be surprised to see us slip out of the eight by years end. No easy games to come and our soft tissue injury's aren;t getting any better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back