Autopsy vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched him up until half time today. Certainly got some tricks but doesnt have the body yet, gets shifted out the contest a bit still. He could sneak a game at some stage, definitely some promise and looks to have the right tools to make it to the top grade.

This draft year will prove to be a very good one in the long run i think.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not concerned about him being a chance of making it, he's a certainty.

Definitely agree he's not up for any KPP stuff yet, but I don't see any problem playing him in place of Dumont on a wing.

I’m an LDU fan on the whole. But he needs to work on his body work in the contest if he wants to be the midfielder we think he can be.

Too many times he tries to do a fancy spin and leaves the ball behind. He needs to use his body to protect space, soak up the contact, then try and spin out of the contest.
Yeah still needs to grow into his body and get some more confidence. Might be time for a run in the 2s, get his hands on the pill 30 times

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was really happy with our attack on the ball and at the contest. The Shinboner attitude is definitely back, and that's a bloody good thing.
Obviously we struggled in the guts. Thought Cunners should have been thrown forward earlier...also tend to think Ahern should have been selected.
Hate losing at anytime, but certainly prefer to do so playing with heart and soul like this, rather than playing handball ring a rosey.
They were too slick for us in the end. Anyone blaming the defeat on the umpires or bad luck is not being objective.

Kelly and Coniglio were going at 17 and 43 per cent DE prior to half time. But tell me more about how their skills were destined to overcome our scrap.
Our midfield was taught a complete football lesson by GWS - their midfield is elite - ours more a bunch of tradies looking forward to a smoko break and a couple of pies.

If anyone thinks the only difference between the midfields was a new set of umpires then good luck with that line of thinking.

If Fyfe had received the same treatment as Cunners today he would have been paid 5-6 free kicks.

This 1000%...... add Pendlebury, Ablett, Coniglio, Kelly and pretty much any other more lauded mid. Couple this with Mumford's license to illegally shove anyone whenever the **** he wants without penalty and you get a stitch up.

Yeah we got utterly pantsed in the middle and ran out of legs the last 40 minutes but they were kicking them out of their **** and had multiple shi**ers gifted to them.

Our backline was terrific, Scooter and Tarrant in particular. LMac had 1 great moment but his delivery into F50 is for the tip. Could ya please stop waving ya ******* hands about when you're running with the ball Luke and just hit a ******* target instead?

No we didn't lose because of the umps but I'll be ****** if better umpiring wouldn't have had us losing a nailbiter instead of by 4 goals.

Positive is with all that and so many players low on the stat sheet, we lost to a premiership fancy by not much so we're not as far off it as we thought a month ago.

NB - that absolutely appalling, nonsensical goal review decision must bring someone's integrity into question. Disgraceful.

Last edited:
Was great to see Kanye kick a couple nice goals tonight. And this from the commentators: "That's the smarts of a really classy small Forward."
Good on him, he's having a much better year so far. I'm backing him to keep it going too, now that he's got Zurhaar in there with him. It wasn't so apparent tonight, but the last couple matches I've really enjoyed watching the dynamic those two pull together leading up to goal. It's like big dog/little dog. Love it.

NB - that absolutely appalling, nonsensical goal review decision must bring someone's integrity into question. Disgraceful.
The one today was worse than the Collingwood one.

The umpire called a goal, yet it was overturned with no conclusive evidence.....WTF!?!?

At least the Collingwood one wasn’t an overturn based on nothing, they just missed it.

The system was designed to only overturn something over based on conclusive evidence, not on a hunch.

It’s a system being poorly implemented. I see the merit in it, to take out the howler, but just like AFL umpiring on the whole, they are making judgement calls and guessing based on inconclusive footage.

Last edited:
We were second last about 4 weeks ago.

Today we brought a $hitload of heat and were pretty well matched with a te that is basically the anti us in terms of draft positioning since they joined.

We still have work to do.

Shaw was shown up today. Long down the line everytime is not going to work. Non selection of Ahern is a question mark.

Cunners had his colours lowered. With Higgo out either someone steps up or its going to be very long 6 weeks.

Take the break boys it's been a long half of a season.

Get ready to bring the fire every week on the way home.

We won't be in finals. But you need to be giving it a crack every week.

All we can ask for is effort and today there wasn’t a lack of effort.

There was a lot to like today even though we were outclassed.

We took it up to a genuine premiership threat and with a bit more polish and a better run from the flogs, we would have been right in that contest until the end.

Also they never gave up and fought it out until the final siren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really feel sorry for Cunners in his 200th, ok he was beaten by DeBoer, but the best way for him to beat a tag is to actually get his hands on the pill, as he hasn't got the pace to run away from it, seeing Goldy was completely owned by Mummy for the most part, he was pushing :poo: uphill.

Can someone tell me exactly when the score review of Brown's goal happened ? i want to check the replay, I can't even really remember Davis claiming he touched it.

Very pleased to see Shaw come out clearly and call it for what it was - a midfield decimation for us and that that will be the area for us to work on. We must get more skill in there.

I think Bard either still posts on here or he has forever sold the snake oil to a few posters who can't see the wood from the trees.

Umpires had a big impact early. If we could have got a 2 or 3 goal buffer we might have found a way to hang on. Arsey goals from GWS killed us, too. 3 of their first 5 were just throw it on the boot stuff.

I love the side we're developing. We're building something. Smart move would be injecting some more kids and trying to grab a top 5 pick. Want to see Hayden thrown to the wolves in a tagger role.

We were second last about 4 weeks ago.

Today we brought a $hitload of heat and were pretty well matched with a te that is basically the anti us in terms of draft positioning since they joined.

We still have work to do.

Shaw was shown up today. Long down the line everytime is not going to work. Non selection of Ahern is a question mark.

Cunners had his colours lowered. With Higgo out either someone steps up or its going to be very long 6 weeks.

Take the break boys it's been a long half of a season.

Get ready to bring the fire every week on the way home.

We won't be in finals. But you need to be giving it a crack every week.

Their defenders ate that s**t up,

Needed to find another avenue to moving the ball forward

Not a good game, was an arm wrestle for a half, but all game we didn't break lines, get clean inside 50s and we resorted back to sideways handballs, handballs under pressure and so on. It was a game style that was bound to break down eventually I don't think we ever got a proper sniff at it.

You could tell nothing was flowing when by 3 QTR time your highest disposal winners are Atley & Williams; both defenders.

Worst umpired game ever as well, the decisions were absolute howlers, so many free kicks our way missed, Giants got gifted alot. I just hated it, they are green maggots and they destroy this game; they broke down what was a physical contest game and then allowed the Giants to open it up.

Garner was a spud, wrong choice from the get go. Should've been Ahern, even for a bad day he would've provided more.
Durdin; he's had 3 weeks to get something going and he hasn't. I have no idea what anyones seeing here, Tarrant, Thompson and Williams were covering his ass all night.
Dumont had a horrendous first half, cleaned up his second half but it was too little too late.
Wood & Zurhaar, unsighted. Zero impact. Disappointing.

Tarryn Thomas was electric in ebbs and flows, really good signs again. Looks more talkative out there.
LDU was clean, I don't understand the knocks, did nobody pay attention or what. He was the cleanest delivery inside 50 all night, not one other player was able to deliver it to our forwards. And he did at least 3 times, also took his man on with body on body and won, good signs.
Jed was really imposing, tried his best to physically drag the team into it, as well as Turner & Simpkin. Big ticks.
Larkey was making the most of the situation, got the rewards in the dying seconds. Well done.

4 games in Tassie, we've lost two. Good job NMFC, you asked for a million dollars to secure our home, the supporters paid it out and you repay them with fewer home games at...you know, our actual home because Tassie pays us out and we think we got an 'edge' at Blundstone. What an absolute crock, our so called fortress is way overrated.
Zero likes on this post says it all .

We lost but the effort was there. Nothing like the * or a Sydney losses.

Badly exposed with Higgins out... we need to hit the jackpot in the draft and hope we get an A+ grade mid if we are ever to have a chance to match it against other teams who have had multiple top 5 picks.

Foxtel on Sundays is just awful... from their commentators to after match shows.

The one today was worse than the Collingwood one.

The umpire called a goal, yet it was overturned with no conclusive evidence.....WTF!?!?

At least the Collingwood one wasn’t an overturn based on nothing, they just missed it.

The system was designed to only overturn something over based on conclusive evidence, not on a hunch.

It’s a system being poorly implemented. I see the merit in it, to take out the howler, but just like AFL umpiring on the whole, they are making judgement calls and guessing based on inconclusive footage.

That was ****ed. I’d love to see the conclusive footage. It was a fingernail at best and the ball didn’t deviate.

Cunners didn’t get a lot of favours from the maggots.

I don’t call scragging from behind tagging. Umpires let’s him grab Cunners from behind all day and Cunners doesn’t have the pace to seperate.

As for Mumford, what a disgrace to let a Ruckman grab and push all day and then give him free kicks.
That turd was pulling Ben's arm back, pulling his jumper, and on one occasion he tackled Ben entirely above the shoulder, pulling him to the ground by the head. We got a free, but it was paid for something else to somebody else.

And speaking of Ben, Brown was being tackled as the ball came into the forward line, and when Larkey was there he was also being grabbed onto. Nothing was being paid to North.

I know all fans see games with rose coloured glasses, but the umpiring was woeful (again) today. The standard of umpiring has been patchy for years (for ever) but these days it is appalling. A disgrace.

That video decision that overturned a goal was conclusive - it was not touched. Yet it was overturned (when there has to be clear evidence).

There was evidence alright. Evidence that North cannot beat the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back