Autopsy vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure why the coaches votes would be considered interesting. Leon Cameron has to pick the 5 best players on the field and not one of them was a Giant. Even the 6th would have been McDonald.

The difference is that Xerri is (or has become) a forward-ruck. Whereas Campbell and Preuss are primarily rucks who could rest forward and hence didn't have great forward craft.

We don’t need a forward ruck though, as Goldy is rucking the whole game or 90% at the least. He would be playing basically as a permanent forward and I just don’t see him performing in that role, or it working structurally.
I would also say he is a ruck first, who can play forward, not the other way around.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My vote is minus 10 for Foxtel; how poor is it that the north Melbourne song gets replayed at half time in another game. Disgraceful

They stick around and show the song means missing the start of the Sydney and Essendon game. Get used to this sort of thing happening, especially when the early games run late. Plus, it’s not like they aren’t showing the song at all, plus the club is usually pretty good at posting it up online everywhere just after it happens.

This win was a coaching masterpiece. The first team to take on a fly in-fly out game, Shaw never mentioned that this could be an obstacle, treating it totally as an opportunity. Selecting a small forward line worked a treat, particularly playing CamZ as a second key forward, as this was clearly the hardest matchup for the Giants. Our defensive effort was massive, not only the backs who were magnificent, but it was a full team defensive effort. A lot of this effort didn't involve stats, but the fact that the rebound of Haynes, Williams, and Whitfield (after quarter time) was a non-factor is testament to the work of Wood, TT, Taylor and co. And this lack of run from half back effectively neutered their star-studded midfield, beaten into submission by our hard buggers. A couple of errors and some poor goal kicking kept it closer than the 6-goal margin that the domination deserved. Hats off to Rhyce and the club.

Last edited:
Supporters bitch and moan when their team gets the rough end of the stick ( me included 😊) but the thing is it’s usually(90% of the time) the team that is proactive and cracks in harder, calls tend to go their way. Make your own luck.
agree, however that not calling holding the ball against mason wood was a terrible decision and people here would be fuming if the boot had been on the other foot.

agree, however that not calling holding the ball against mason wood was a terrible decision and people here would be fuming if the boot had been on the other foot.
It was consistent at least because there was a probably worse one in our forward line when Aaron Hall was not rewarded for a perfect tackle that pinned an arm and resulted in incorrect disposal.

Coaches votes

GWS Giants vs North Melbourne
10 Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
7 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
6 Robbie Tarrant (NMFC)
5 Jared Polec (NMFC)
1 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
1 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
Wonder who got the 1 point from Shaw

cant agree with that
not totally sure of the rules these days...mason grabbed the ball, opponent grabbed him
no prior opportunity...is that still a thing?
play on

What's interesting is that neither coach thought that any Giants player was worthy of a single vote, in a game where they only lost by 20 points, it wasn't as if they were smashed.
They were tho, the scoreboard didnt reflect the belting they received. We missed set shots which flattered the scoreline and when GWS are scoring soccer goals with unlucky spoils across goal shows they were well beaten after quarter time

He might, depending on team balance, opposition, structure, strategy, etc.

Richmond won 2 of the last 3 flags with more smaller forwards versus larger blokes.
You mean playing away finals at home and their last 59 H&A games at the MCG? Lets just say, they were a good side that was blessed by the AFL. They play geelong at kardinia park they lose that prelim, they have a parity draw last year and they donT make the top 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean playing away finals at home and their last 59 H&A games at the MCG? Lets just say, they were a good side that was blessed by the AFL.
They have won games away as well with the same game plan over the last 3 years.
They play geelong at kardinia park they lose that prelim
Richmond won the right to host that PF at the MCG as they won their QF.

They have won games away as well with the same game plan over the last 3 years.

Richmond won the right to host that PF at the MCG as they won their QF.
Lol okay mate, Geelong did too and finished higher on the ladder, it was a geelong home game by the way, at the MCG! Stop talking s**t, Richmonds first flag should have an asterisk and their second flag, they literally played 10 games in a row at the G

no parity and unfair bias

Just reading some of the posts throughout this board, one thing I’ve notice - keeping in mind I haven’t watched a replay - is that it seems there were a number of players who had distinct defensive roles. There was a particular focus on stopping all their damaging players, some that went unnoticed until some people on here did a thorough review (e.g. Bailey on Kelly and Thomas on Williams).

It’s a good sign that Shaw is doubling down on his comments that he wanted to be a really good defensive side first, which is what I believe we have lacked for over 10 years.

Lol okay mate, Geelong did too and finished higher on the ladder, it was a geelong home game by the way, at the MCG! Stop talking s**t, Richmonds first flag should have an asterisk and their second flag, they literally played 10 games in a row at the G

Don't forget Cotchin's get out of MRP jail in 2017 either.

Clueless.

The PF last year was a Richmond home game. Yes Geelong finished higher but Geelong lost the right to host the PF when they lost their first final.

Clueless.

The PF last year was a Richmond home game. Yes Geelong finished higher but Geelong lost the right to host the PF when they lost their first final.
Im not talking about last year numb nuts..
Im talking about 2017. Last year they played 5,000,900 home games in a row..
Im sorry that You couldnt pick up on the chronology of the message. I’ll ensure to include dates for you next time. King Corey picked up on it

As I said, in 2017 if Richmond play cats at Kardinia they dont win it. Geelong were robbed of a flag that year 100%

Last edited:
Posting facts = sucking off Richmond?

Piss poor response from a mod. I don't even like Richmond!
You are mate, you’re not calculating the bias and advantages theyve been assisted through the AFL to be served flags on a platter (facts actually matter). yes, a good side but not the best weve seen.. so, apply some soy before you get on the rnd of that dimmy...

don’t forget, we *in pumped those campaigners last year.. we are in fact their last loss. This plays on the psyche of people too.. * them, those hand out campaigners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back