Review Vs Kangaroos - Good, Bad, Ugly - Rd 22, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with the win. Very unhappy that NM are scragging cheats. The hanging on Eddie all. bl**dy. game and the umpires deliberately ignoring it was friggin' disgraceful. Hope Brad Scott enjoyed his hanger and goal.

With all the commotion today, we've made nil movements on the ladder with the win. It's not too late to tank for next week against Carlton, so let's all take some chill time!

Good: McGovern was a warrior in those last few minutes.
Ugly: the club was set up for abuse no matter what the result was today.

The club set themselves for abuse by the team selections they made, as many have said winning today with the young guys in would have acheived something, winning with our oldest team for the year - abuse away.

Person critical of club after numerous events which point to systemic issues at club.
Person wants club to improve and be the best.
Person is told to go support another club that is currently the best.

World class thinking there dickless.

Well the club is clearly not the best performed club this season, along with a few others. This is quite apparent from this thing called a premiership table.

My point, which you have missed, is that none of us are happy with where we’ve finished.

You aren’t special. You don’t have higher standards, and you don’t hurt any more than anyone else after a loss.

Your resorting to personal abuse shows you to be the person who is “dickless”.

Most of you BF posters who are unhappy with today are jokes. Professional sport doesn't aim for failure and for loss. Anyone who has ever played any sport can recognize this. One draft pick, one or two positions in the draft or an 18 year old is not going to make or break a team. They can improve it, change the dynamics or maybe develop into a supestar but none of this is a guarantee. Wins, especially close and hard fought wins make teams. It is ridiculous to think that tanking or losing for the sake of draft picks is a win.

I dont care where we finish as long as these boys learn the value and hold on to the value of wins like today. North threw everything they had at adelaide in the last to hold out hope for the finals and the boys found a way to hold on. Im proud and impressed with the attitude and determination of every player on the park today. No doubt some will be unhappy, even feel ripped off that Adelaide won. But you know what, get over it. Be happy. Be proud. Look at today and think "you know what there was nothing to play for today except the draft position or the pride of the jumper" and know the boys chose pride. So be prideful, be pleased with the win, and know even when everything inside says whats the point the boys found a way to win and played for their jumper and their team.

If you care more about where lukosius or rankine end up next year rather than how your team you claim to support plays once they cross the white line then you know where to go next year. I love the crows, am proud that draft position didnt affect their mindset and praise the supporters on BF who feel the same as me. Bring on 2019 and bugger off all those who cannot see the reason to win and give everything for the mighty crows.

*(Paragraphs added for the Eng Lit graduates among us)
AmericanCrow loves this. :)

I'm kinda MEH.
After being 6+ goals up we won by 9 points (thanks to Gov's intercept marking and Eddie's last-kick goal). NM n-e-a-r-l-y stole it
We're still twelfth. We still won't make the 8. :( :'(
Burton and Hass :mad: have been retained; Mackay re-signed.
Aren't you troubled that nothing's changed, there?

On the positive side, Gallucci looks the goods --- has aggro, bullish intent, never stops trying, good goal sense.
Doedee/ Greenwood/ Seedsman will only get better. Gov's hands are still sticky. Milera has won me over, future gun.
If we have some luck and can keep our best-22 fit in 2019, we'll challenge for the Flag.

Last edited:
Very lukewarm on this win, it's nice, but serves no purpose whatsoever.

I really enjoyed Galluccis 2nd quarter though, and he was clunking some pretty impressive marks. The kid's getting there.

True. If he has Plantar Fasciitis then most recommend weight loss and less sport :D

There is a surgical option that can relieve the symptoms and make it easier to resume sport.

Plantar Fasciitis Surgery Recovery Time. The recovery time for plantar fascia release surgery is typically around 6-10 weeks to recover to the point where you can walk comfortably without assistance. It may take up to 3 months before you can resume rigorous activity and exercise.

Surgery last week takes him to the end of October at the latest. In that time I assume he is doing non weight bearing exercises ie pool work and anti-grav machines. Then increase the tempo into January and February making it right for round 1 and no JLT.

Thats my non medical opinion
John Who , any thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said Germans only had so many losses they could take before the Russian air force would be to strong.

They switched targets because attacking English docks and factories was more productive in the long term with the losses they would take.

They switched targets the moment they realised they weren't going to knock out the RAF and stay above the maximum losses they could take

English history won't tell you this because they have to admit Germany were also defending themselves from the read army on thier borders.

England still tell the lie about terra nullis. Thier history lessons rubbish . England people got so much pride thinking they won something when in reality thier barbarian empire was falling

Wasn't Eddy betts hanger classic,?

What a load of s**t.

The war was won by dozens of victorious battles; from most of the Allied forces. The Russians did a hell of a thing defending their country (and then let Poland burn while they watched). The Americans won the war. The Brits (and Russians) won decisive battles to ensure there was still a war to be won.

True supporters don't have to accept or back every decision the club makes, particularly poor decisions.

The same way a true friend wouldn't "support" their alcoholic, drug addicted mate in their quest to shoot up heroin and guzzle booze

I'm honestly gobsmacked how often this terrible "you're not a true supporter" rubbish comes up

Great post.

I’d also add that this board has a very good strike rate at predicting AFC * ups, without needing the benefit of hindsight.

Person critical of club after numerous events which point to systemic issues at club.
Person wants club to improve and be the best.
Person is told to go support another club that is currently the best.

World class thinking there dickless.

:D

Great post.

If we had the balls and the integrity to do what Richmond did last year (and Geelong did before their dynasty, and Collingwood did this year), we might actually have some success.

Instead, the people who desperately want to see the AFC become a successful powerhouse, are told to go support a Premiership team that actually does the things we want.

Don’t see the stupidity in that?

Do people not actually want us to win flags?

It's a delight watching Milera stand up in tackles and shrug them off.

I'd actually like us to exclusively draft players with this skill.

The ability to shrug off multiple tacklers after you've been set up with a hospital handball is the #1 skill our players must possess.
This need will practically become redundant once Dougie retires

Well the club is clearly not the best performed club this season, along with a few others. This is quite apparent from this thing called a premiership table.

My point, which you have missed, is that none of us are happy with where we’ve finished.

You aren’t special. You don’t have higher standards, and you don’t hurt any more than anyone else after a loss.

Your resorting to personal abuse shows you to be the person who is “dickless”.
Goo goo gaga

C’mon though. Share it with us though. Please. On Big Footy forum.

The blueprint to perennial success.

Woosh.

Newsflash - I don’t have it. I don’t run football clubs for a living. My point is I could and it would still be ignored. We’re a ‘promote from within and protect your own organisation’ to the extreme.

I’d be more than happy to show the club where they’ve horribly deviated from best business practice and also why they should be undertaking a full and thorough external review. Again though it’ll never happen based on sheer fear of what skeletons will emerge.

What a load of s**t.

The war was won by dozens of victorious battles; from most of the Allied forces. The Russians did a hell of a thing defending their country (and then let Poland burn while they watched). The Americans won the war. The Brits (and Russians) won decisive battles to ensure there was still a war to be won.

It wasnt until 2006 did England pay back it's debts to American based bankers for lending them money to fight in www2. Those bankers financed the arms industry's in Russia American Australia and Germany

9 out of ten Germans killed were by Russians

English were getting thier arses handed to them on a plate by the Africa cor. Until Russian teenage girls held off army group south in st Petersburg. Allowing Russian armies to launch an attack over the river Volga and encircle army group south. The Africa cor denied reinforcement and supply as a result.

English history is bullshit.

Did you see run and carry got a heavy knock in the second quarter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back