Autopsy vs Lions - Rd 11, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Berry out was huge for us. Cameron and McCluggage big losses. Physically draining win V Sydney last week. Very proud of our young team not giving up in the second half.

Congrats on the win and hope you thrash Geelong

You didn't beat sydney?

Another thing that became really apparent to me this week: The VFL side was a great investment. Blokes come into the seniors already knowing how North Melbourne plays footy, they know what to do and how to do it. Slot right in. Maybe it's just Ahern being amazing but I can recall so many of our debutants looking lost at AFL level in years prior.

Swings and roundabouts. The most concern is how Brown is treated every week. That is ongoing and the club needs to speak to the umpiring dept about it.

It's starting to get to the point now where I am actually worried about him being injured in a marking "contest"

Its not isolated to him either. I watched the Dogs v Pies game and the same s**t was happening to Mason Cox.

The umpires seem to think because the player has such a massive reach advantage it’s ok to spoil them and not the ball.

It needs to be looked at as this tunneling crap will cost someone a season of footy.

Berry out was huge for us. Cameron and McCluggage big losses. Physically draining win V Sydney last week. Very proud of our young team not giving up in the second half.

Congrats on the win and hope you thrash Geelong

Excuses galore.

Mate, your s**t.

Good luck with the rest of the year. Chances are you’ll be last or might pip Carlton.

Let’s be honest. Hopefully nobody decent wants to leave.

Hello all, new post on The Shinboner describing why we handballed so much and what that means in the bigger picture: https://theshinboner.com/2018/06/04/round-11-match-review-north-melbourne-brisbane-the-shinboner/

And amusing myself with Brisbane's complete lack of defensive pressure in the first half:

r11_2.gif

Another thing that became really apparent to me this week: The VFL side was a great investment. Blokes come into the seniors already knowing how North Melbourne plays footy, they know what to do and how to do it. Slot right in. Maybe it's just Ahern being amazing but I can recall so many of our debutants looking lost at AFL level in years prior.

We had a great relationship with Werribee, they adopted the same style of footy we played. If we were previously aligned with Port Melbourne I could understand because they were hard to deal with, not sure I am buying the VFL thing outside of being able to dictate every position. Werribee played our players in positions we wanted them to play and allowed our assistants to coach them directly during games. They also ditched a lot of players after we ended the relationship with North Ballarat so they could accommodate our extra players.

I wish someone could in detail explain the major differences between Werribee and our own team rather than just say the current arrangement is great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a great relationship with Werribee, they adopted the same style of footy we played. If we were previously aligned with Port Melbourne I could understand because they were hard to deal with, not sure I am buying the VFL thing outside of being able to dictate every position. Werribee played our players in positions we wanted them to play and allowed our assistants to coach them directly during games. They also ditched a lot of players after we ended the relationship with North Ballarat so they could accommodate our extra players.

I wish someone could in detail explain the major differences between Werribee and our own team rather than just say the current arrangement is great.
I don’t think anyone is knocking the Werribee alignment, but having your own VFL side means all players are on the same page and the VFL plays the same system as the AFL side.

It hopefully makes transitioning up easier as the set up is the same. It’s fair to say that Werribee wouldn’t have run the same system as the North AFL side.

My youtube goals video has been blocked worldwide for the first time.

I've had them posted on my mates Shinboners facebook page for now.

WHAT!?

THE AFL?!

FASCIST AREHOLES!

I now see the reasoning behind the name a game shutdown. The AFL want to control all footage of games themselves.

Set up your library off shore GR.

FASCIST AREHOLES!

I now see the reasoning behind the name a game shutdown. The AFL want to control all footage of games themselves.

Set up your library off shore GR.

Take it to vimeo if you'd like. Might last longer.

Looking at multiple options atm. Possible website or just taking it to a private facebook group or DM.

Didn’t even realize Hodge was playing until the 3rd quarter. Milking it he is.

Millllking it

Said at the game. You're no Luke Hodge, Luke Hodge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back