Autopsy vs Melbourne Rd23

So, did Rhyce end up with a better winning strike rate than Teague and Ratten ? feels like he did.

We are so hard to watch when getting pantsed @ hitouts and clearances.

Double whammy to Jezza Cameron tonight.

Cunners MUST learn to shake a tag, there are plenty more on the horizon.

Garner was really good, aggressive and dangerous. A choice between he and Wood for the injury prone sometimes unreal sometimes terrible medium forward position becomes easier by the week. Pack ya bags Mase

Polec had probably his best game of the season, was everywhere, thankfully Lewis decided to run around chip scabbing for his last game. But Polec should have had four or five goals from a wing

Melbourne are a disgrace

Cunnington and Shaw's number one priority for the off season must be to figure out how to deal with a tag, whether it's the other midfielders chopping him out or working out different setups. Cunners' second half of the year has been hot cat piss

Thanks Christ the season is over. Now for a big off season into Jy LDU TT Zurhaar Walker Larkey Xerri etc etc

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Cunnington and Shaw's number one priority for the off season must be to figure out how to deal with a tag, whether it's the other midfielders chopping him out or working out different setups. Cunners' second half of the year has been hot cat piss

This is a simple fix mate.

All we need is other blokes who can get clearances.

I am always clinging to the hope we will become consistent, week in week out , but I have been hoping for this for many yrs. I don't want a massive cleanout only because I think it will set us back another 5 yrs to rebuild. Imo our kp stocks are good we need , like we all know more speed and more talented midfielders. I am hoping the player that we could be thanking in yrs to come is LDU , he is the one, TT too. But again I am hoping. I suppose without hope u have nothing.

Garner was really good, aggressive and dangerous. A choice between he and Wood for the injury prone sometimes unreal sometimes terrible medium forward position becomes easier by the week. Pack ya bags Mase

Polec had probably his best game of the season, was everywhere, thankfully Lewis decided to run around chip scabbing for his last game. But Polec should have had four or five goals from a wing

Melbourne are a disgrace

Thanks Christ the season is over. Now for a big off season into Jy LDU TT Zurhaar Walker Larkey Xerri etc etc

Good summary.

I would add Tyson to the etc. etc. Reckon he might have a role to play when Ben's getting tagged. Either getting clearances, smashing the tagger, or both.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yeah 2020 Jy and LDU should go a long way towards fixing it

LDU & Jy go pluck, pluck, pluck, pluck 3 or 4 times in a row, and the tag will be off Cunners before you can blink.

The big takeaway from today is just how vulnerable our centre square set up is when Goldy get's beaten badly, or if he was missing due to injury.

He's absolutely crucial to our 2020 chances.

We need someone to become what Larkey is for Brown but for Cunners.

Jy showed for a good run of games this year he's capable of doing the job.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We need someone to become what Larkey is for Brown but for Cunners.

Jy showed for a good run of games this year he's capable of doing the job.

He was destroyed by his more seasoned opponents today.

A poor end to the season, but he's shown glimpses.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
He was destroyed by his more seasoned opponents today.

A poor end to the season, but he's shown glimpses.

He’s shown he can put up big numbers this season. The next challenge is to close the gap between his good and poor. The 10-15 possession games have to go. A bit more seasoning and I’m sure they will. The kid has a good work ethic.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
We won amazing not.

Good

Higgo , Polec ,taz, pittard,,Marley, Garner

Bad

Most of the rest- need to sort out the peaks and troughs beteeen game to game.
Consistency of the young boys like Simpkin , zurhaar

Players that shouldn’t be in our best side if so want to go places - Jmac, turner , rat,froggy

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He’s shown he can put up big numbers this season. The next challenge is to close the gap between his good and poor. The 10-15 possession games have to go. A bit more seasoning and I’m sure they will. The kid has a good work ethic.

A lot went against him today, I admit.

Still reckon he will be a gun, but it was a disappointing end to his season.

Larkey, on the other hand, got better with every match.

I'd like to see Jy improve his running ability significantly. There's no question on his ability, he's got real top level class but about some of what he does.

Higgo rather than Cunners should be his guide. Jy could have kicked the winning goal ability wise.

But not in the dying minute, Higgo has the elite endurance where his skills held up under extreme duress.

If Jy became a reliably damaging inside out mid in the Higgo that runs all day, it would help us enormously.

Paganism mark II

Etihad Stadium, Locker room end
May 15, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thought it was great to win our last 2 games in probably the most important year for us in 20 years.
Saw the emergence of Simpkin and Larkey, Ben Brown again showed a forward line can be built around him, a new coach who has us defensively sound most times and great contributions by Polec and Pittard in their first season at Arden Street.
Going to miss Scott Thompson, absolutely love him.
Welcome back Maj and EVW next season.
Trade time will be interesting....Mason Wood appears set to go, Goldy is keenly sought after too

Nov 7, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think I've ever been so flat after a win. Melbourne are 17th for a reason and our midfield was smashed all afternoon. Where is the improvement going to come from? Struggling to see us rise above yet more mediocrity next year unless something happens out of the blue to fix our longstanding midfield issues.
Missing from midfield:

Anderson
Jacobs
Walker
Davies-Uniake
Ahern
Hayden
Scott
Hall
Pick No 7.

Why so glum?

Back