Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Doesn't get any easier next week.
North are pushing for a spot in the 8. At the ever changing name stadium that is currently Etihad. I'd be happy to see us just fight it out. Young needs to be dropped. Kk to come in? Not really like for like. Possibly Brodie to come in. Depends how many changes we go for. Do we even bring in Leslie pending on how tall they go forward?
Anyway lots to think about this week.
Anyone from our Victorian crew going?

Will depend on the Lemmens injury who comes in
Need to retain Crossley
My thoughts on Young have been well documented through the year-so apologies in advance to any close family members who read Big Footy
But KK is a better anything than Young forward back or mid-even on one leg with one hand behind his back
After a stunning debut Ballard has fallen away.
He will be a cherry but maybe Brodie deserves a run
From what I saw of the NEAFL stream yesterday, Lonergan would make a great NEAFL captain- unfortunately that's his level

Last edited:

Don't know, but he came off 3rd quarter??? and didn't return
Are you sure? I thought I saw him in the fourth quarter and Dew said there were no injuries in the post-match press conference.

I think he was shifted down back in the last quarter and a bit.

Etihad being a deck as hard as concrete may put match committee off playing Kade there. But then if they are really sure he's good to go, he should be in.

I would go:

OUT: Young (omit), Ainsworth (rest), Ballard (rest), Schoenfeld (omit)
IN: Scheer, Lonergan, KK, Brodie

The wildcard is Ah Chee who would love playing at a quick ground like Etihad. He could be an in if he's back from personal leave.

It will be interesting to see if we will be able to physically run out games for the rest of season. Based on Pies game it could be that travel impact is over and we can finally compete for 4 quarters. I just could not believe when we physically dominated Pies in the last qtr. Even Buckley mentioned it in his press. He was very concerned and mentioned players not following rotations as a possible reason.

Kolo is a lock for this game maybe for young Ballard who needs a rest , not sure whats happening with Ainsworth , maybe rested as well , young Scheer HAS to come in for Young but wont , gotta get Brodie in there somewhere.

No changes I reckon - as much as young was useless, I think for morale you keep the unit together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super interesting game this week.
North need to win.
We need to keep showing something, not giving up. Especially on the road.
No more bad losses this year, please.

Young + another out

Ah chee, Brodie in

Agree Ainsworth needs a rest but think he’s worth playing in what is a winnable game. Would play him pure fwd.

I know some people are wanting us to finish as low as possible but i honestly just want to see some wins. 10 losses in a row is just too depressing.
Maybe when Hanley, Bowes, Fiorini, Macpherson are back and only if we don't get any more injuries. Wooden spoon very much likely. Lions play well and have only 2 best missing while Carlon is getting most injured back in coming weeks.

Maybe when Hanley, Bowes, Fiorini, Macpherson are back and only if we don't get any more injuries. Wooden spoon very much likely. Lions play well and have only 2 best missing while Carlon is getting most injured back in coming weeks.

Wouldn't put it past Carlton to tank the rest of the year and make sure they get another 1st draft pick again.

Wouldn't put it past Carltank to lose the rest of their games this year and make sure they get another 1st draft pick again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back