Autopsy Vs North @ etihad- soon to be marvel sun 8/7 - Rd 16, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

May fined $2k and Sexton $1.5k for their punches on Higgins, to me it’s absolutely worth it to show that the GC has a bit of dirt and mongrel and the punches were on Higgins who in my opinion has a head that is perfectly punchable. Go ahead now and call me an uncouth Rugby League thug from the Tweed.
You're an uncouth rugby league thig from the Tweed. But for what it's worth I agree. Just wish May had better timing.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Positives
1. Young players getting opportunity and their performance makes me excited!

Ballard made some mistakes early but what a talent and competitor. Spoil on Daw and his crashing tackle were delighful to watch. Still missing 10 kg and tank but this week he also showed his speed. What pick would you draft him now? He sure looks top 10.

Powell. No way I would predict he plays this year. I am still worried that somebody will break him in half but look at his decisions and appetite for contest. Also running to May after his injury to touch his hand was great example of a team player.

Crossley - As everybody I love his appetite for contest and way he goes about his footy. He really struggles late in games but in 2 -3 years he will be something.

Brodie - I hope people saw his talent. It makes me excited for next year. Fiorini, Bowes, Brodie, Aisworth - all have potential to be A players. Actually Scrimshaw too. My pick for next year would be Fiorini. Personally, I think log-term Bowes will be a gun - understands game, makes correct decisions, makes impact. Next year extra 5 kg and improved tank should see Bowes spend more time in midfield.

2. The last 2 games we were not overun in the last quarter. It just tells me that 9 away games totally screw up our team. Lyons telling that he was fatigued is revealing.

3. Midfield stood up in the last 2 weeks. And that was against 2 better midfields. Besides Swallow, Lyons, internal growth next year makes me actually optimistic. Miller will in his 5th, Fiorini 4th, Bowes, Ainsworth, Brodie, Scheer 3rd year. For me Weller, Martin should be on the flank, also run through Hanley, Ah Chee. Ballard, Scrimshaw run there a bit too besides HB roles while developing. Then add Walsh, Smith, Scott in draft.

4. As disapointing the 1st qtr was the 2nd qtr was almost perfect. Easy missed shot were the only disappointment. I hope that was our future flashing in front of us. Hunting in pack was great to see (not always successful).

5. Weller is getting better and better. How far off pick 2? LDU does not play and Dow, Brayshaw, Cerra - all 3 years at least away.

Negatives

1. May's brain fades are very frustrating. It also seems he's not the smartest one on the field. Rischitelli telling him where he should be was telling. He also seems frustrated by team situation. I would actually be not completely surprised if he leaves us next year or even ask for trade this year. I hope I am wrong but body language is not great.

2. Lynch please make decision. Not good for a team and young players spirit. If Tom leaves we got to concerned about next year unsigned players - May, Wright, Martin, Miller. Even Harbrow could be issue this year. I hope Dew's new culture will convince them to stay.

3. Just pisses me off that no commentator mentions our injury list on top of our travel suicide. You could argue that Lynch, Bowes, Fiorini, Macpherson, Hall, KK, Rosa, Hanley are in best 22.

4. Even I now struggle to see what Young brings to our team in recent games. He needs a spell in NEAFL.

General
1. Hoping Scrimshaw gets opportunity soon. Lonergan too to decide if he stays or not.

2. Hanley, Bowes, Fiorini, Rosa, Ainsworth, KK should be back for Carlton's game round 19 - time to win again.

3. Just can't believe how many ridiculous trades are suggested in Carlon's and Lion's trade threads for GC pick 2. Just go there if you want some entertainment. I just hope GC is not so stupid.
Great read

As for your last comment we are stupid enough, you can’t blame them when after last years draft brain fart

Great read

As for your last comment we are stupid enough, you can’t blame them when after last years draft brain fart
We got new people in so I hope, hope. More changes coming as Fox reporting that Primus, Lovell are gone at the end of season.

You can't expect a 19 year old kid with only one pre season to have a better tank then someone who has 4 pre seasons under him
Ballard - 66
Powell - 180 .
He need to work on his Tank is not negative is positive . Maybe not the word suck , his Tank need some improvement after season end .

Ballard - 66
Powell - 180 .
He need to work on his Tank is not negative is positive . Maybe not the word suck , his Tank need some improvement after season end .
of course he needs improvement, but you are comparing him to completely different players in Powell and Ballard. It will come, we don't have anyone else to play FF so that's why he is playing and will probably play out the year

2MP is an aerobic beast for a guy his size. Despite his frame and weight he competes quite often with the mids.

Crossley is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum and we knew this when we he was drafted. He's a couple of years away from playing well IMO and certainly (ideally) wouldn't have been playing if we had Day or Lynch fit. I'm astounded he has done as well as he has when he blows up midway through second quarters. He's got guts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does , look at those with high disposal user like Lyons , Weller , Harbrow metre gain.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/1cfa60cdb667f03d4a2770289ccffb91
It has nothing to do with aerobic fitness it's literally about distance forward that you've moved the ball - So of course those players have higher MG when they're job is to run with the ball and clear it from defense.

" Metres gained is a simply the distance between where a player takes possession and the point of the next player’s disposal, no matter if the disposal is made by friend or foe.

So if Gary Ablett runs 50m and kicks a 50m goal, 100m is added to his metres gained.

When he chips the ball 20m backwards to a teammate, who immediately handballs, his game score falls to 80m, and so on."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...r/news-story/ed5d8f01b3db21e19d5fdf76986884cb

It has nothing to do with aerobic fitness it's literally about distance forward that you've moved the ball

" Metres gained is a simply the distance between where a player takes possession and the point of the next player’s disposal, no matter if the disposal is made by friend or foe.

So if Gary Ablett runs 50m and kicks a 50m goal, 100m is added to his metres gained.

When he chips the ball 20m backwards to a teammate, who immediately handballs, his game score falls to 80m, and so on."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...r/news-story/ed5d8f01b3db21e19d5fdf76986884cb
Pick Max Gawn and Grundy meter gained and tell me their fitness is not related to Meter gained .

Pick Max Gawn and Grundy meter gained and tell me their fitness is not related to Meter gained .
You’re not getting the point though, Crossley only had 9 touches and I know for a fact 2 of his kicks went backwards so that’s roughly -50 to his MG. It’s not directly related to fitness it’s literally just how far you move the ball forward

You’re not getting the point though, Crossley only had 9 touches and I know for a fact 2 of his kicks went backwards so that’s roughly -50 to his MG. It’s not directly related to fitness it’s literally just how far you move the ball forward
A player running up and down the field will had higher metre gained than a player staying in his forward 50 arc all the time . That is not fitness I don't think what is .

A player running up and down the field will had higher metre gained than a player staying in his forward 50 arc all the time . That is not fitness I don't think what is .
Yes but it's also related to how far you kick it and how far you handball it. He's been playing as a 'stay-in-the-50' full forward. Obviously he's not going to have as many meters gained as Peter Wright when he has the freedom to be taking marks at defensive 50 and kicking long toward goal.

BTW i'm not debating Crossleys fitness, just that meters gained is not a relevant stat in determining fitness. I mean do you really expect crossley to take a 50m run down the wing?

BTW i'm not debating Crossleys fitness, just that meters gained is not a relevant stat in determining fitness. I mean do you really expect crossley to take a 50m run down the wing?
Not really if he is good at marking and Kicking Goal as stay at home forward. But I just can't find any FF having Meter gain of below 100 , being effective and not fitness related

Ben Brown- 244
Hawkins - 338
Jack Riedwolt 424
BUDDY - 198
Hogan -353
Sachahe - 144
Tom Boyd-96 ( can see how bad he play)
McKernan -267
Jeremy McGowan as forward - 108.

Last edited:
Not really if he is good at marking and Kicking Goal as stay at home forward. But I just can't find any FF having Meter gain of below 50 and being effective .
He's a 4th game KPF/Ruckman. His fitness will improve each year, but he still had 3 shots at goal, I think most supporters would be content with that

Josh Jenkins for example had on 79m gained and kicked 3.0. don't think there are any question marks over Jenkins fitness

He's a 4th game KPF/Ruckman. His fitness will improve each year, but he still had 3 shots at goal, I think most supporters would be content with that

Josh Jenkins for example had on 79m gained and kicked 3.0. don't think there are any question marks over Jenkins fitness
I did , that is why he is not consistent with his output. 79 m compare to 31 m is a lot . Nearly half of 100m = 48m.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back