Autopsy vs Port Adelaide - Round 16 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah.

It's almost a rolling maul when the Dogs and Tiges get moving at times.

It's like punt return, punt return, Maul in a scrimmage.

It is the worst the game has been in my life time.

It's like punt return, punt return, Maul in a scrimmage.

It is the worst the game has been in my life time.
Agree. It's almost like all the rule changes that have been brought in to make the game better haven't actually worked. Although I'm sure the AFL will be busy coming up with more rule changes to fix the situation. Or at the very least asking the coach who's made an artform out of bending the rules what new rules they should have.

Coaches votes

10 Travis Boak (PORT)
8 Ollie Wines (PORT)
4 Scott Lycett (PORT)
3 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
2 Darcy Byrne-Jones (PORT)
2 Karl Amon (PORT)
1 Zak Butters (PORT)

Coaches votes

10 Travis Boak (PORT)
8 Ollie Wines (PORT)
4 Scott Lycett (PORT)
2 Karl Amon (PORT)
1 Zak Butters (PORT)

As best I can tell

Coach A
5 Boak
4 Wines
3 LDU
2 Amon
1 Lycett

Coach B
5 Boak
4 Wines
3 Lycett
2 DBJ
1 Butters

Not sure if you’re serious... Taylor, Thomas and Hayden have really bright futures and are best 22 now, but to expect them to have made a significant influence on results this year is just dreaming. They are 20/21 years old.

I would argue that Macmillan and Turner aren’t best 22, however that’s a rabbit hole that this board is constantly butting heads about. Reality is, whether they are best 22 or not, they’re not the difference in us not being bottom 4.

I never claimed they were the difference between being bottom 4 - I just refuted your point that we were barely missing anyone from our best 22.

What did you think of his past couple of weeks?

Surprised about Sam too, he was a better than average player when he was fit and going.
Wright at his best was a good hybrid, but his skills let him down. He worked in a backline who’s MO was control the air as a defensive/attacking mechanism, but when that fell away and ball use became the key to the backline, he dropped off.

EVW could play the Wright role, but I don’t think that gets us anywhere. He’s ok in the air, he’s smart with his positioning, but ultimately is pretty slow and not a good kick. Get some skill back there.

Qld is so far from Docklands and Hobart conditions wise, that we may as well be playing in Mongolia against Attila the Huns horsemen.

It's had a massive impact. Jy, Jed & others won't know what to do when they can pick up a football that isn't greasy.

A bloke who is getting a major pass lately is Higgins, whose ball handling skills and disposal are typically 1st class, but he has been as bad as anyone else in the side lately. When that happens you have to entertain that unfamiliar conditions are at work. As a result confidence drops, and the matter is exponentially impacted, then the maggots intervene with absurdity, and it impacts further.

We're going to look like a completely different side with close to our best 22 under the roof and with competent umpiring.

So what you’re saying is...Queensland is worse than Syria?

Probably injuries are involved as well, but 3 of our more senior citizens in Taz, Goldy, and Higgo are showing signs of fatigue/lack of petrol tickets, all deserve to be "managed" for a week or so, but it isn't really a viable option, season cannot be finished soon enough.

The sexist garbage in this thread has been disgusting. And then the implication that treating women like people and not sex objects is somehow unmanly or “inner-city elitist”. Snake at least is good on footy. The poster who started it seems to think he’s a comedian because he finds a new way to bag our players each week. Nah mate, you’re a dinosaur, a mediocre poster and a sh*t judge. Rant over.

Absolutely this.

Two things that stood out like dogs bollocks to me.

1: Defensive running. The number of times Port players ran forward with their North opponent a good 10 meters behind, or completely unchecked, was far too often.

2: Turnovers. I can forgive a turnover coughed up in a contested situation. It happens, however this is an area where we do need to get better. But repeatedly missing simple targets whilst under minimum pressure? Sheesh. No wonder point one happens a lot when our guys are running into space, trying to make the play, then your team mate gifts the ball to the opposition, leaving you 10 meters behind your direct opponent.

We simply need to get better with ball use, set up better and work harder without the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches votes

10 Travis Boak (PORT)
8 Ollie Wines (PORT)
4 Scott Lycett (PORT)
2 Karl Amon (PORT)
1 Zak Butters (PORT)

What?

I'd also be interested to know Boaks & Wines's numbers once Jy went off. They seemed to get a lot more ball then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back