Autopsy vs * - Rd 6, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Worlds biggest face palm with this.

When the * will the coaches wake up to our medium defenders are utter s**t.

I couldn't care if we had to resort to playing Joel Crocker - standards have to be set.

1594685167803.png

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Worlds biggest face palm with this.

When the fu** will the coaches wake up to our medium defenders are utter sh*t.

I couldn't care if we had to resort to playing Joel Crocker - standards have to be set.

View attachment 911976
Considering Hayden has been thrown in there, McDonald has been moved and both Macmillan and Williams have been dropped at times I think they might have some awareness.

WayneShimmiesTheBush

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I waited a few days before posting as I would have been way too emotional with anger after the game. the last month has been disappointing. and for me its not because we lost but more the way we lost. I am still a bit dumbfounded how we can go from playing relentless football against GWS one week, to looking like wooden spooners in the next four matches. seeing players kicking to unmarked opposition players does my head in. why are these players unmarked? why are we not having a contest with every possession, especially when it is a long kick? I do get it, I know we cant win every contest, but how about we start with a contest first and work our way to winning it as step two of the process. giving opposition players a free hit to start a counter attack is such dumb footy.

and speaking of dumb footy, our games style on the weekend was deplorable. if it is not working, why are we continually doing it? I cant believe that they didn't mix it up. I know many fans blame the coaches and rightly so, but why cant players see that our tactics are not working during the game? this is where our leaders need to step up. in the huddle before the qtr starts, why not say, boys if going down the down the line is not working to our advantage, lets start to go with some shorter passes to break them up a bit. and if you break their setup with the short passes, then there is no reason why you couldn't start going long to contest again. we were just too predictable.

anyway one positive i have about the club is, we have some very talented youth in this squad. and i don't want to use it as an excuse but if we weren't jinxed with injury, we would definitely be capable of matching it with anyone. I do believe the future looks bright and we will have a sustained period of success. that I am sure of.

as frustrating as the weekend and even the last month was, I still love this club. although they drive me crazy with anger when they play crap footy, after the initial letdown after a loss, I will always go back to loving it. The club is like my dog. I get angry with him when he gets out at night and wonders around the neighbourhood. then in the morning he is back at the gate waiting to be let in. he has this mischievous look on his face knowing his has done wrong by me. I shout out a few chosen words to him to get the anger out of my system. then he looks at me and shakes his tail. then its back to loving him again.

chubbspeterson

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Big dumb ruckman Campbell gets it outside 50, ignores s running Simpkin, blasts it to Brown in a one vs one contest, not really to his advantage, somehow the ball trickles towards goal square, bounces up to Brown who slots through his only goal from a lucky bounce.
Straight away I said that was pure luck that goal, ignored the easy option and kicked to a 50/50 contest. Dumb football. Sums up our season so far lol.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I waited a few days before posting as I would have been way too emotional with anger after the game. the last month has been disappointing. and for me its not because we lost but more the way we lost. I am still a bit dumbfounded how we can go from playing relentless football against GWS one week, to looking like wooden spooners in the next four matches. seeing players kicking to unmarked opposition players does my head in. why are these players unmarked? why are we not having a contest with every possession, especially when it is a long kick? I do get it, I know we cant win every contest, but how about we start with a contest first and work our way to winning it as step two of the process. giving opposition players a free hit to start a counter attack is such dumb footy.

and speaking of dumb footy, our games style on the weekend was deplorable. if it is not working, why are we continually doing it? I cant believe that they didn't mix it up. I know many fans blame the coaches and rightly so, but why cant players see that our tactics are not working during the game? this is where our leaders need to step up. in the huddle before the qtr starts, why not say, boys if going down the down the line is not working to our advantage, lets start to go with some shorter passes to break them up a bit. and if you break their setup with the short passes, then there is no reason why you couldn't start going long to contest again. we were just too predictable.

anyway one positive i have about the club is, we have some very talented youth in this squad. and i don't want to use it as an excuse but if we weren't jinxed with injury, we would definitely be capable of matching it with anyone. I do believe the future looks bright and we will have a sustained period of success. that I am sure of.

as frustrating as the weekend and even the last month was, I still love this club. although they drive me crazy with anger when they play crap footy, after the initial letdown after a loss, I will always go back to loving it. The club is like my dog. I get angry with him when he gets out at night and wonders around the neighbourhood. then in the morning he is back at the gate waiting to be let in. he has this mischievous look on his face knowing his has done wrong by me. I shout out a few chosen words to him to get the anger out of my system. then he looks at me and shakes his tail. then its back to loving him again.
You really need a better gate to keep that dog in.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Big dumb ruckman Campbell gets it outside 50, ignores s running Simpkin, blasts it to Brown in a one vs one contest, not really to his advantage, somehow the ball trickles towards goal square, bounces up to Brown who slots through his only goal from a lucky bounce.
Straight away I said that was pure luck that goal, ignored the easy option and kicked to a 50/50 contest. Dumb football. Sums up our season so far lol.
I was also pissed with their stupid celebration after it.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM

Pulled out a blowtorch and burnt Jy to a crisp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back