Autopsy vs Richmond - 10 pt loss

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys played really well and with a little more luck and accuracy could have won. They're a good unit proving almost everyone wrong this year. If I was doing tipping this year I would have tipped North to win in this game, and you almost got it. Biggest challenge we've had since we played Adelaide. Kudos and hope we meet again in September.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180514-081149.jpg
    Screenshot_20180514-081149.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20180514-081214.jpg
    Screenshot_20180514-081214.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20180514-081234.jpg
    Screenshot_20180514-081234.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20180514-081252.jpg
    Screenshot_20180514-081252.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 6
Was sitting reserved seats on the level 2 in the pocket today. Opposition fans should not be allowed in our area. We pay good money for these tickets and to have some gobby oppo fan in your ear all day is very frustrating. It's not as though they're hiding it either, overtly getting stuck into our players and making it unpleasant for every North member in the vicinity. Something the club should look at for sure

Pretty annoying given the club told me at the end of last year that they were compressing the space in their members area to prevent this - meaning that we had to change our reserved seats we've had for over a decade now. I look back today and those seats are all empty and covered in "Premiership Club" gear.

I rated this win as much better than the 77 point win over Freo.
Challenged all day and it was a really tough game from both sides, pleased to take the four points and move on.

Very important game for North next week. How you respond will have a huge say in whether you play finals.
Think you'll win comfortably.

I think Wright is going to take another month or so, there is a big difference between being uninjured and fit and being match fit, I also think being outside of the week-to-week grind for a couple of years he will probably come up a bit sore after games for a bit until he gets match fit.

I think he'd not have played both games if EVW hadn't been injured last week. He doesn't look ready, he's the logical replacement though so unless he can't get up we just give him time to come good now. We know he's more than capable of the role.

Bit annoying to lose, we played well enough to get the win and shot ourselves in the foot plenty of times. Still they'll take a lot of confidence out of that game. There's now no realistic reason to say we can't beat any team at the moment. Still think if we can keep the midfield group fit we can play finals but we are extremely shallow there. Ahern shouldn't be too far away now which will help give some extra depth but unfortunately after that we're just short this year. Another 12 months and this run would be more likely to see us very dangerous.

BTW - Richmond supporters on here... wow. What a stirling example of graciousness.

Macmillan 20 disposals at 90% while going at almost 50% contested is ridiculous. Bloody good game from him. Also almost half of his possessions were intercepts, 7 1%ers, 16 pressure acts and 4 fees for while conceding none.

Arjen would be so proud.

I think it was close to his best game for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those saying BBB choked, ponder this.

He had to rush his routine because time was running out with regards to his last shot at goal. I do not think it was so much a case of choking as not being prepared for the disruption. Was directly behind the goals for that shot (level 3), and he never looked comfortable.

I think a bit of training in having to do an abbreviated set shot routine will be high on his list of things to do now, and would not expect to see a repeat performance.

And the stubborn old mule sticks by his preseason assessment of our list as being the worst in the league.

Piss off Terry you hack.

That’s right piss off lol. How they can continue to claim he is a list manager is beyond me. Hate him can’t believe we had him as coach for as long as we did. As for nth always respected them as a club.

I think he'd not have played both games if EVW hadn't been injured last week. He doesn't look ready, he's the logical replacement though so unless he can't get up we just give him time to come good now. We know he's more than capable of the role.
And Sam looked a bit VFL to me, pace-wise.

Thanks to GR for knocking this up

The contest just before the Townsend free kick, i swear was in the back to Brown. Haven't seen it again, only live so could be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back