Autopsy vs Richmond - 10 pt loss

Remove this Banner Ad

The Waite one was right in front of us. ******* prick Razor Ray raised his arm to put the whistle to his mouth and changed his mind. ******* grub

You just have to laugh. Pay the 50/50 soft one, don't pay the one where a player basically just knees Waite in the back.

The Waite one was right in front of us. ******* prick Razor Ray raised his arm to put the whistle to his mouth and changed his mind. ******* grub
it was definitely a free, especially when you slow it down. I reckon the reason why Ray didn't pay it was because the Richmond guy actually made the spoil. A bit like when there's a slight hand on the shoulder but they still pay the mark. Doesn't make it the right call but its not a complete howler. Its a bit hard to see if Scotty makes contact with the ball, but it looks like the Richmond guy gets a good piece of it first.

I'm watching the replay and some decisions that should have been which led to tigers goals was WTF . Brown got pushed in the back no free but a mark to Richmond then some bullshit too high decision next kick and goal to the cheats .
The push in the back on Brown was one of the worst calls of the year

Supposedly richmond fans thought they were hard done by

I went to this game with the thought that if we lose but play really well to the end I'd be pretty happy. But after seeing how close we came to the 4 pts I'm still feeling a tad down.

Sure there was some dodgy calls which went both ways but we still had many opportunities to win. All those kicks straight to the opposition, missed some real easy set shots, high balls which no one even jumped for or contested and rarely did the ball exit the centre going our way.

The slight fumbling i can accept bc it seems to be the normal now for all teams playing at that high ferocious level. I don't even want to start on Goldy...

Anyway, must look at the positives. Words cannot describe the joy i feel when i see Jacobs and Ads doing their thing and Cunners will get our B&F this year

Scott third loss in a row you did not use Maj forward. Who knows if it would have one it but we needed to do something different

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You have to be kidding me.......Majak's main strength is when he can have an free run and jump at the ball. At VFL level he was able to do this as the defensive tactics are not sophisticated enough and he dominated. At AFL level, the defences don't let him have a free run and jump at the footy and he was no good.
Now he's playing in defence he can run and jump at the ball again and use his major strength. He should not ever go forward again. We had the chances to win (JZ and Brown) and we didn't execute them, that's not Scott's fault, it's the players.

I’ve always respected Jacobs after the bath he gave cotchin. Today was martins worst game in 3+ years media been saying is dusty untaggable well Jacobs did it today think he’s carrying something last few weeks but you line up on the field and you’re fair game Jacobs head ****** him today no shame in admitting that

Funny you say that. Sent a message to a Richmond mate of mine during the game saying Dusty is carrying something. Definitely lacking his normal explosiveness. I was sitting about 35m out from goal and got a good look at him when he went forward with Thompson on him. Dusty wouldn't be making excuses though, if you're named to play, you're 100%.

Funny you say that. Sent a message to a Richmond mate of mine during the game saying Dusty is carrying something. Definitely lacking his normal explosiveness. I was sitting about 35m out from goal and got a good look at him when he went forward with Thompson on him. Dusty wouldn't be making excuses though, if you're named to play, you're 100%.
Clearly has something and is restricted, But when you go out there no excuses jacobs did a good job

We played well but not well enough:
Constant turnovers after we worked so hard to win the ball back.
The centering kicks from i think Lmac and Wood really hurt us, they intercept and that's pretty much a scoring shot.
Not sure who played on Caddy but there was some loose checking there.
JZ 2 simple shots missed both.
Brown missed what he would nail 9/10 times.
Not using Goldy on the transition while he is on a smaller man cost us.

Tarrant,Thommo and Maj are a nice defensive unit.
Ruckwork from Goldy was decent.
Cunners was BOG great hands and strong marks too.
Jmac actually played well and stuck his tackles i was amazed.

Must win the next game otherwise we go from the flavour of the month to out of touch with the top 8 real quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches votes

NORTH MELBOURNE v RICHMOND

9 Trent Cotchin (Rich)

9 Ben Cunnington (NM)

4 Josh Caddy (Rich)

3 Ben Jacobs (NM)

3 Nick Vlastuin (Rich)

2 Kane Lambert (Rich)

Clearly has something and is restricted, But when you go out there no excuses jacobs did a good job

He was just beaten by a better man.

....and for a 3rd of the price!

Coaches votes

NORTH MELBOURNE v RICHMOND

9 Trent Cotchin (Rich)

9 Ben Cunnington (NM)

4 Josh Caddy (Rich)

3 Ben Jacobs (NM)

3 Nick Vlastuin (Rich)

2 Kane Lambert (Rich)

Who gave Cotchin 5 ****ing votes?! ****ing hilarious!

Do the Richmond dickheads on this website hand out the votes!

Who gave Cotchin 5 ****ing votes?! ****ing hilarious!

Do the Richmond dickheads on this website hand out the votes!

Yes ridiculous but at least he played a game more deserving of votes than Vlastuin who was truly the mouth breathing personification of the idiocy of super coach points and participants. When they played a highlights reel of his game at one of the quarter breaks, I thought they were taking the piss. I mean, yes I understand that teams have to have outside players who just link up and rarely do anything interesting like win a contested ball, take a contested mark or kick a spectacular goal but seriously, could you put together a more beige highlights pack?

When you receive 24 and your opposition receive 33, of course you're going to feel hard done by.

Was surprised to see so much complaining from some of you guys about how many the Umps missed after seeing the free kick diferential. Shouldn't have though, North have neen paid the most free kicks this year.
The point is that compared to other sides, Richmond push the boundaries way further in marking contests all over the ground. It's clearly a tactic and often slows the opposition down if a free is paid but more often it's not and the ball gets to ground. Good luck with it, it's obviously working.

As for raw numbers of free kicks, maybe we need to push the boundaries more, concede a few more frees.

The point is that compared to other sides, Richmond push the boundaries way further in marking contests all over the ground. It's clearly a tactic and often slows the opposition down if a free is paid but more often it's not and the ball gets to ground. Good luck with it, it's obviously working.

As for raw numbers of free kicks, maybe we need to push the boundaries more, concede a few more frees.
Interesting observation. Going to be interesting to see if Clarksons chat with Gil changes the way the game is officiated.

I agree you can't just look at the raw free count. Obviously there have been games where teams have given away plenty yet received none and they were pretty accurate and vice versa.

Glad we're not NRL and umpiring is not the main discussion each week

Last edited:
I posted before the game that contested ball and conversion would win us the game. It was the conversion cost us.

At the game live I was blown away with the speed and pressure from the Tiges. I reckon it took us a quarter and a half to adjust to it. Once we adjusted we were the better side. Our size was a concern for them. I think the boys will take plenty of belief from the performance and that the system we are developing is legit. Barring a poor run of injury I can only see us improving as the year progresses.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back