Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Even by this forum's clueless standards, these posts take the cake.

"No enjoying yourself - act miserable out there or we're going to drop you, no matter how well you play".

That's exactly how to manage a team with low morale and confidence.
There is a time and place ********, get a ****ing clue.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We've lost our purpose. There are the obvious ones like hand balling to someone under the pump, short kicks that don't travel quick enough so they get intercepted, kicking sideways with the next kick not in position to move the ball quickly and bombing to our forwards rather than kicking into space or to their advantage. Then there are the off the ball ones, jogging when your opponent is running, losing concentration when you're guarding space allowing the opponent to gain 10 crucial metres into a potentially dangerous position and our forward set up after a goal.

All the above is fixable. It won't solve some list deficiencies, but it will make us competitive, something we weren't last night no matter what the stats say.
Trading methods and the standards that are set by senior players. Ours aren’t up to scratch.

chisnall

Draftee
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've seen it all.

A 1 win season 1972, 100 point deficit at HALF TIME 1985, 4 premierships in the glory years.

After last night I feel as low as I have ever done after that performance.

I can't believe we are THAT bad. Nobody would ever say that we are a highly skilled side but we have stooped to an atrocious level.

Can someone explain to me how Richmond can have so many free players and we had no one near them. Where were our players?

On Moto G (5S) Plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Players who I wouldn't trade/de-list:
Cunners
Goldy
Taz
Walker
Polec
Taylor
Zurharr
Larkey
TT
Scott
LDU
Simpkin
Maj (albeit this is assuming he comes back and plays half as well as he was which is obviously a lot to ask after all the bloke has been through).

I'm probably forgetting a few but that's off the top of my head.

Build the team around them, especially the younger blokes. Hit the draft over the next few years and see what we get. We need skill and we need speed. I watch Gold Coast and Brisbane, and yeah they've been useless for a long time before now, but I'm insanely envious of the players that they have and the way that they play footy. They've got kids with speed and skill overlapping through the middle of the ground on the rebound, meanwhile we have blokes who are slow and can't get a simple handball off kicking it in hope down the boundary. No wonder we can't score. It's shite to watch. Rebuild from the ground up.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it disturbing anyone yet, that our best half back is currently sitting in the coaches box... how do you think Shaw feels, knowing he retired years ago, yet could run rings around half of these guys.

Last edited:
It is the rule. It's just that they literally haven't played one for over half a decade. That's just bullshit - and there have been plenty just as obvious in that time.
Polec was being dragged along as he held on to Dusty’s jumper. It was the most obvious free of the day. If it was the other way and a free wasn’t paid we would be going nuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Lazy , slow , under skilled - not the greatest of trifectas.
Lazy not to create options or to close space when they had the ball.
Slow by leg, by mind
under skilled- can’t hit a target to Save ourselves. We tried to move it quicker and flick it around but we ain’t got the cattle to play that game.
Wood , pittard brown, Williams were pretty bad.
Walker , taz, McKay, higgo we’re our best

There is a time and place ********, get a ****ing clue.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Exactly. And having a laugh with an old mate is fine. He will show his disappointment when it matters, back in the change room, in the team meetings and on the track.

You have no idea what was said to make him laugh so having a go at him is complete stupidity.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you want to complain about umpiring, dont do it when you play against us. We get reamed every single week.

Weve given up 6 more goals from frees against than any other side

Complain about the pies, thats a team that gets looked after

Also, frees werw 18-11 in your favour lol
Mate, we actually the best free kick differential in the comp. Logic doesn't come into this.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've seen it all.

A 1 win season 1972, 100 point deficit at HALF TIME 1985, 4 premierships in the glory years.

After last night I feel as low as I have ever done after that performance.

I can't believe we are THAT bad. Nobody would ever say that we are a highly skilled side but we have stooped to an atrocious level.

Can someone explain to me how Richmond can have so many free players and we had no one near them. Where were our players?

On Moto G (5S) Plus using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can't answer your question. But you're clearly old enough to remember the Barassi and Pagan days where we were so feared we had teams beat before they hit the park. For those two campaigners from Essendon, yep forget all this * BS, that Club's not that important trust me, to sneeringly dismiss the rivalry between the Clubs shows you how little we're respected now. That galls me more than whether Dumont's too slow, McMillan has no urgency or that Atley goes missing more often than ships in the Bermuda triangle. The secret to Barassi and Pagan was winning for winning sake wasn't worth a pinch unless you were winning premierships. Improving our structure or our intensity won't get us any closer to a premiership if we're gonna persist with the same old limited C grade senior players. For the love of everything sacred, take games off them and put them into the kids.

Well that was...
4cf06861916b446cc1cd66d05427a59c.gif

Polec was being dragged along as he held on to Dusty’s jumper. It was the most obvious free of the day. If it was the other way and a free wasn’t paid we would be going nuts.

Come on. They have not paid it for over half a decade as a 50m penalty. I'm not arguing the free kick for holding & advantage should have been there. Umpires shouldn't be able to ignore the same infringement 1000's of times then randomly decide it's applicable because they have a man boner for Dustin Martin.

Come on. They have not paid it for over half a decade as a 50m penalty. I'm not arguing the free kick for holding & advantage should have been there. Umpires shouldn't be able to ignore the same infringement 1000's of times then randomly decide it's applicable because they have a man boner for Dustin Martin.

Good call.

I have not seen a player pulled down like that for over 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back