Autopsy vs Richmond - Rd 7, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The one positive I'm still taking from the terrible player votes is that at least Shaw isn't deluded about our performance.

ie someone like Jamie MacMillan isn't sneaking in with 2 votes because he managed to put his boots on the correct feet.

When a North player sneaks in, they basically have to play a statistical blinder. Even Goldie has put together some very good games and not drawn a vote.

Not really. The idea is to pick a bog-average player who plays out of his skin against us, not pick a talented young player early in their career.
Look at his name.

There are multipliers for that stuff.

Also. Kerridge was what appeared to be a talented young player at one early stage in his career. (Till his career began to resemble a verb more than a noun...) He was actually averaging more than a goal a game when he first played us and doubled his goal kicking tally that infamous day.

Lots of players start out with Kerridge eligibility and earn the right to be ineligible as they show they can play regularly.

The one positive I'm still taking from the terrible player votes is that at least Shaw isn't deluded about our performance.

ie someone like Jamie MacMillan isn't sneaking in with 2 votes because he managed to put his boots on the correct feet.

When a North player sneaks in, they basically have to play a statistical blinder. Even Goldie has put together some very good games and not drawn a vote.
Who do you reckon gave Higgo the one vote?

I reckon it was Hardwick.

Who do you reckon gave Higgo the one vote?

I reckon it was Hardwick.

It was odd seeing Higgo and Short sharing 1 vote apiece.

IIRC Higgo dominated the ball, had great defensive/pressure stats, equivalent score involvements and team high meters gained. Short on the hand had more than 10 less disposals but ~100 more meters gained, and other than score involvements he was significantly worse by every other metric.

Not entirely sure what to make of it. I just find it... interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back