Autopsy vs St Kilda // Rd 16, 2019

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I remember early in his career, Goldy had great skills. His skills now by foot and his awareness are shocking.
His kicking has got to a stage where he should handball at all times.

It's not as if ruckmen & kicking have ever been associated highly in football.

His overall disposal efficiency is 78.7%. Ranked as elite for handball.

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just had a look at the gameday thread .......

giphy (3).gif

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just how many prominent AFL figures do you meet at Auskick TT?? I'm not fully convinced that you're not some sort of conglomerate of about 10 different posters merged into one omnipotent moderator.
We used to have Garry Lyon Craig Kelly Peter Schwab and Peter Rohde and Neale Daniher at ours. Daniher infrequent cos he was coach of MFC at the time. And Neil Balme - forgot him.

Last edited:

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate of mine works at the G on game days. Reckons the worst match for crowd behaviour is St Kilda v Richmond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richmond is right up there. When I was working there they had a 'rebel' cheer squad called The Grog Squad. Used to stand at M1/M2 behind the goals on Punt Rd end. Bunch of animals.

Who replaces him though?

From the VFL, excluding defence, Curtis Taylor is the only available player who could come in, if he’s not injured. He is something very special, it has to be said. Not a replacement for our mids, though. If Garner was available, he would be in 10000%.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
From the VFL, excluding defence, Curtis Taylor is the only available player who could come in, if he’s not injured. He is something very special, it has to be said. Not a replacement for our mids, though. If Garner was available, he would be in 10000%.

Curtis isn't a viable option for Ahern mate. Not doubting the kids raw ability.

He's more in the Zurhaar mould.

We were 46 at one stage but didn’t put the foot down to blow the floodgate open. Still room for improvement. More killer instinct.

That had more to do with the Saints really giving it a red hot go. The slope in Blundstone is a huge factor too.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
BTW, Goldy led the hit outs to advantage 9 to 3 at half time (the actual period of the game where we won the match).

He's being undersold a bit, but that's par for the course over the past few years.

Froggy was good today. Particularly in the first half.

The tempo of the match suited him.

Dumont was Dumont. He always takes up the slack. LDU was a tad flat, Mason was injured, Jed appeared to be managed and Turner was a little quiet. Trent patched over all of that, I think.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Dumont was Dumont. He always takes up the slack. LDU was a tad flat, Mason was injured, Jed appeared to be managed and Turner was a little quiet. Trent patched over all of that, I think.

Tends to step up in the second half of games, whereas this time he started well.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Saints have struggled to cover more than one marking forward over the last month (maybe longer?) so not a huge surprise that Zurhaar and Larkey hit the scoreboard. Good signs though.

Harder for longer. As predicted, the Saints responded physically after being touched up in the first but weren't able to sustain the heat. Add to that, aside from Bruce they had no avenue to goal.

I think that they too will be a side waking up farking sore for the next few days after playing us.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
It was mentioned in the commentary that it was the first time since 2015 that we've had two players kick five goals in the same match.

2015: Goldstein (aged 27); Harvey (37)

2019: Zurhaar and Larkey - both 21

Strap yourselves in, folks.
Was that the classic game against Melbourne in Tassie that went to the wire?

BTW, Goldy led the hit outs to advantage 9 to 3 at half time (the actual period of the game where we won the match).

He's being undersold a bit, but that's par for the course over the past few years.

Goldy is having a great year. Reckon he's been genuinely beaten maybe once and has shaded quite a few "better" players. That kick off the square into his man though, that's a Goldy special. It's one he does fairly regularly when he doesn't back off enough, hardly a hanging offence though

Back