Preview vs Swans @ SCG OUT Grey (inj) Crozier (inj) Griffin IN Deluca Darcy Taberner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sink or swim. Operation Hogan in full swing.
This is the 3rd year of rumours of Hogan coming home. I just don't know if I can believe it anymore. Sure I'd love him to play for Freo, but there's no way I'm going to think it's a possibility until the trade is signed.

Oh wait... changes thread...

Um. Maybe give Tabs a go just to see if he fits in now that the other forwards are starting to gel. He's basically had either just Pav or no one to help him as another tall up forward, so we'll be able to see if he can become part of a more structured forward line, or he really has reached his limit at AFL level.

After 5 year with freo Tab should be able to play against any type of opponent. Lyon asking for response rather than excuses from Tab .
Agree with meima. You don't want excuse footballers. If Tabs wants it come in and destroy Sydney and prove you can do it against quality opposition on the road. Then back it up in the last two.

Personally, from the tone of Ross' PC, I don't think Tabs is playing.

Tendency has been to go in smaller at the SCG because of the shorter distance from the centre to the inside 50m. But its a wide ground too. I suppose that makes it difficult to switch play from wing to wing.

Ross has been asked about Tabs by journos every presser for weeks and is always diplomatic about his effort,the respect he has earned amongst his peers and that he is in the mix for selection.
The other two things he says is that if his ruck work was better he'd be easier to pick and that if he was consistent he would have different status with the MC.

Personally, from the tone of Ross' PC, I don't think Tabs is playing.
I agree , the vibe is pretty bad . I also expect trashing from Sydney with hamling stopping buddy but their other forward having a good day .

Oh the irony if Tabs is selected.
Tabs: Can I play in the ones coach?
Ross: How’d you go in the twos?
Tabs: 25 touches 13 marks 6 goals coach.
Ross: Not this week son, you’ve still got to work on your game.
Tabs: 27 touches 10 marks 5 goals coach.
Tabs: 25 touches 11 marks 2 goals coach.
Tabs: 14 touches 7 marks 0 goals coach.
Tabs: 0 touches 0 marks 0 goals coach.
Ross: We just might have a spot for you.

Last edited:
He didn't come in until round seven. Had a good first game but then progressively got shitter. Every time he gets a crack at it, this is what happens.

He had a good first 2 games then had the bad luck to have 3 games in a row in torrential rain where none of our forwards did anything. Then he was made the scapegoat for our poor performances in the wet. Every time we play in the wet 3 weeks in a row, this is what happens. We drop our key forward because conditions didn't favour key forwards, and go back to playing a small forward line.

He had a good first 2 games then had the bad luck to have 3 games in a row in torrential rain where none of our forwards did anything. Then he was made the scapegoat for our poor performances in the wet. Every time we play in the wet 3 weeks in a row, this is what happens. We drop our key forward because conditions didn't favour key forwards, and go back to playing a small forward line.
Well if he wasn't so diabolically shithouse when there's precipitation then he wouldn't be dropped. It's pretty obvious what he has to work on and he's just not evolving to play in the wet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ibbo.. lord no. Crozier out is interesting. Thought he played better, but obviously not consistent for 4 quarters?

He may not have been omitted. Surely would be ahead of Ibbo in the pecking order so fair chance he's injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back