Autopsy vs Swans

If the AFL handed out participation medals North would win one every year. So sick of being let down.

Papley is an annoying little campaigner too. Marley would’ve been perfect for him. I like McDonald on Heeney. Considering how much we got wrong the margin is flattering
McDonald should have taken Hayward or Taylor. But he had to go to Papley because no one else could.
Macmillan has the size to go with Heeney and yet we started Pittard on him who absolutely destroyed Jasper in each contest.
So much so Shaw moved Kyron onto him after half time and well how did that go? We lost this ourselves in so many ways it’s indicative of the north way.

Just a complete * up that began when Marley wasn’t selected to go with Papley on Thursday night.

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Negatives:
Bad kicking is bad football.
Fumbled all day and weren’t clean.
Higgins and Polec didn’t stand up to the attention they were given.
Marley would’ve given us flexibility and when he didn’t play we were just shuffling the deck chairs.
Kyron looks a fair way off it.
I’d like to see TT roll higher up the ground.
Anderson had an opportunity to step up in the absence of Cunners and failed.
Not sure what we were trying to do with Ahern and Bonar.

Positives:
Only got done by a small margin.
Simpkin is fast becoming elite.
Goldy in awesome form.
Dumont solid week after week.
Tarrant continues to be our saviour down back.

Positive and Negative
Aaron Hall was a positive and negative all wrapped up in one.

Also it needs to be said, unlike some of the other arsey COLA wins against us, yesterday we tried to take the fight to Sydney, yet it was Sydney who took the fight to us.

Kennedy, Parker, Florent, Papley and Heeney just powered through when the game was on the line and we were found wanting.
They beat us physically and we wilted.

Don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but jeez, how was that head clash between Taylor and Aliir? My god. I can't believe Aliir was the one who had to go off, and young Curtis just got back up and kept playing.

Said it before and I'll say it again, that kid and Will Walker are going to be our under the radar weapons. Smart, skilled, and courageous/tough beyond their size.

ooh, and speaking of matters relating to heart, BIG thumbs down to Hayward for that dog act hit on Jasper over the boundary. Got my ire up quite a bit watching that! Good thing it wasn't the usual 2 am here, would've woken the people upstairs.

But yeah, other than that, I think the only thing left to say is Jy freaking Simpkin. :thumbsu::thumbsu::musicalnote::mansshoe::mansshoe::zap::zap:

Oh, and piss right off Covid. You better not take our flag this year.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm thinking now that we were spent after GWS. Lack of physicality, fumbling, lack of running in waves that's all energy related.

I hope you're correct, but that still doesn't paint over the strategy & tactics.

I'm thinking now that we were spent after GWS. Lack of physicality, fumbling, lack of running in waves that's all energy related.
Nope. We kicked the final four goals of the game and ran out of the blocks.
This was as clear as rain a hunter becoming the hunted scenario and Sydney were hungrier.
We didn’t rise to the challenge.
Everything we did post Sunday from media street to selection was poor as well.
s**t execution all round as a club.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
This was as clear as rain a hunter becoming the hunted scenario and Sydney were hungrier.
sh*t execution all round as a club.
If we want to be a good team we need to embrace the media attention because we'll be getting it constantly.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I've wondered that too.

GWS Were pretty poor on Friday night too. 5 day break for them. Two of their best players out then another. We lost one of best players too.

It would make sense given the lack of preparation. Normally players have played for a couple of months by now so they have a couple of months of match fitness. No one has actually done a proper pre season before the games re-started.

It's a possibility. Because results do seem to be inconsistent.

Then again with us how many times do we start brilliantly then go to sleep before quarter time? Especially against the Swans.

It was a pretty s**t game. As someone said to me at the start tho, Longmire treats us like their GF every year. Whatever else happens they have to beat his old club, they are always up for our game.

Let's see what happens next week. If match fitness is an issue it won't just be for us and it will become apparent over the first few games of this resumption. If we get to play them.

sh*t execution all round as a club.

You may have a point with that but I reckon lack of conditioning has had an effect, even to the point where it may be why we able to kick the last goals of the game. And I don't think it's just us. There does seem to be some inconsistency across the comp.

But re your last sentence...

In a lot of ways that is spot on. But we do have nearly a whole new footy department and admin, so it's not unlikely that they will make errors like that. Just need to learn from them.

Rhyce was pretty clear about wanting to give Marley a run in the scratch match before he played tho. I dunno if that is such a bad idea. He hadn't played a game for months, yet we expect him to stop someone like Papley? If he needed a run to get up to speed it would have been as bad or worse.

If we want to be a good team we need to embrace the media attention because we'll be getting it constantly.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Agreed. I just want us to get the runs on the board first.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We need to beat them. 3 / 19 poor.

We need to win in W.A. Odd win v Freo doesn't count.
We need to break our duck at the Adelaide oval.

Being ever the pessimist ( North conditioning since 2000 ) and watching Dawks / Flogs > then us yesterday, l remain an avowed North pessimist. Any flak we cop from other supporters / boards warranted.

I fear for any game on the big wide spaces at the ' Gee. God help us if the Pies get hold of us there.

Love you North, but you break my heart.

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
We've had problems in recent years stopping teams from spreading and running the ball the length of the field against us.
It was the same in first half of round 1 and yesterday.
It looked like we were on top of it but the issue is still there.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure how anyone else feels.

I have watched a few games this round and it appears as though its being over umpired. In what was a good round for umpires last week it results in a quick turn around in their own form.

penalising Taz for leaving the ball on the ground, directly resulting in a goal. Umpire made a blue there, Heeney? He was still on his backside. Bit of common sense there.

when Curtis showed courage and collided with Aliir, he *in Marked that ball! It was called play on and resulted in a goal.

yes we were insipid, we were poor, but we shouldnt have to play against 25 men out there. Its a joke

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
Negatives:
Bad kicking is bad football.
Fumbled all day and weren’t clean.
Higgins and Polec didn’t stand up to the attention they were given.
Marley would’ve given us flexibility and when he didn’t play we were just shuffling the deck chairs.
Kyron looks a fair way off it.
I’d like to see TT roll higher up the ground.
Anderson had an opportunity to step up in the absence of Cunners and failed.
Not sure what we were trying to do with Ahern and Bonar.

Positives:
Only got done by a small margin.
Simpkin is fast becoming elite.
Goldy in awesome form.
Dumont solid week after week.
Tarrant continues to be our saviour down back.

Positive and Negative
Aaron Hall was a positive and negative all wrapped up in one.

Perfect summary.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure if it's been mentioned, i haven't read all the comments, but Polec had 93 metres gained, I think that says it all about his game and how if effects the side,

I'm all in on Ahern, but if they don't play him in the guts, I don't see the point in playing him, the guy's a clearance king, let him clear!!

Yep, and in a game where our usual clearance guy was a late out you'd think we'd want to get the next best with that skill in the middle.

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hopefully my weekly intrusion but Josh Walker looks at home in defense again.

North lost the game early when they dominated but didn't put scores (goals) on the board. Unless you're a great side you have to take opportunities when they come up. The stats don't lie. North had plenty of the play.
You're spot on, and it's infuriating to watch because it's the same s**t every week. The boys are well in the game early but end up with a score of 2.6 or worse on the board. Last week they rectified it, this week they kept the trend of behinds going throughout the match. You won't win too many matches with that sort of goal kicking accuracy when it's a close contest.

On another note, your lot were a pleasure to watch last night. Could, and probably should, have won by 8 or 9 goals. Your second half was monstrous, in particular.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can someone tell me why the fu** Marley Williams wasn't selected?

Pretty sure we have enough blokes who can’t pick up the ball and who can’t hit a target to save their life.

Typical pathetic game from the usual ne’er do wells.

We will not go forward with Atley, MacMillan, Pittard, McDonald, Ziebell, Dumont, Ahern and Wood.

Ziebell is a pea brain park footballer.
The rest are either too slow of mind or body or just not good enough.

The good games are the statistical outliers. Enough is Enough. They are the leaders of the last 8 years.

They are @7:20 Minute mark!

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hard to get too upset by yesterday’s result after the injectors test positive to COVID. They will fu** our whole season now. Can just feel it.
Call the season now and we'll go to the draft with picks 5 & 13. Grainger-Barass with 5 and 13 traded for Caldwell. That'll do, Donkey, that'll do.

Oakleigh Roo

Debutant
Dec 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Call the season now and we'll go to the draft with picks 5 & 13. Grainger-Barass with 5 and 13 traded for Caldwell. That'll do, Donkey, that'll do.
After watching Caldwell play against the Braves on Friday, I’m not all that convinced. Or was it just a one off bad performance? He literally shanked every kick he took. Would rather that campaigner who runs around with that wild Mullet for the dogs. Adding him with Tarryn, Simpkin, LDU, Zurhaar, Larkey and Bonar we would just about have the best young list in the competition. And that Granger-Barrass looks like a certified jet. Would love to get our hands on him.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After watching Caldwell play against the Braves on Friday, I’m not all that convinced. Or was it just a one off bad performance? He literally shanked every kick he took. Would rather that campaigner who runs around with that wild Mullet for the dogs. Adding him with Tarryn, Simpkin, LDU, Zurhaar, Larkey and Bonar we would just about have the best young list in the competition. And that Granger-Barrass looks like a certified jet. Would love to get our hands on him.
Bailey Smith is completely ungettable. Based off one game over the weekend I wouldn't want Tarryn Thomas. I've been watching Caldwell for a while. He usually has excellent skills.

Oakleigh Roo

Debutant
Dec 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bailey Smith is completely ungettable. Based off one game over the weekend I wouldn't want Tarryn Thomas. I've been watching Caldwell for a while. He usually has excellent skills.
We are bloody close to having a complete team. Melbourne have absolutely gift wrapped us a beautiful first round pick. And after how they have started the year it will be a top 5 pick. The injectors would have blown them out of the water today if they had of played.

Back