Autopsy vs Sydney - Rd17

Remove this Banner Ad

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yet again Dumont gets mentioned. He was good and could be an important part of a successful engine room for us.

Doesn't do enough. doesn't have any outstanding talent or attribute from what I've seen so far.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Was going to query the quality of sydney hack Andrew Wu's match review in The Age after listed all of Sydney's injuries without acknowledging ours. We must have our best 22 out there.

Then saw he has led some social media campaign to get rid of the term "chinaman" from cricket and realised who I'm even bothering to scrutinse.

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Was going to query the quality of sydney hack Andrew Wu's match review in The Age after listed all of Sydney's injuries without acknowledging ours. We must have our best 22 out there.

Then saw he has led some social media campaign to get rid of the term "chinaman" from cricket and realised who I'm even bothering to scrutinse.
Knows the name of the unknown soldier and who shot him!!!

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Because the term " promenent asian communist country national" rolls of the toungue so easily.

Been waiting for someone else to pick up on this. He spent almost the last 3 minutes on the ground directing traffic and occupying space. I was VERY close to jumping the fence and snorting him just so he would have to go off with the blood rule. It seemed that would be the only way to move him on. It was like he had stepped in glue FFS.
Longmire has been using this tactic since Nick Davis was a runner, i just heard someone (?Chris) ring in to Whately and Kingy on SEN about this very thing, and Kingy said he already been alerted to it and was going to look at the vision, and if runner was being misused, could/should be suspended, mentioned Steve Hocking should act, i hope something comes of it, but seeing it is the COLA's probably "nothing to see here".

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons

Yep, that's all I need. * wit.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gone north

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Longmire has been using this tactic since Nick Davis was a runner, i just heard someone (?Chris) ring in to Whately and Kingy on SEN about this very thing, and Kingy said he already been alerted to it and was going to look at the vision, and if runner was being misused, could/should be suspended, mentioned Steve Hocking should act, i hope something comes of it, but seeing it is the COLA's probably "nothing to see here".

At the game it was obvious that he was coaching and also almost filling the space

At the time it should have been a free kick and 50m penalty for impacting the game

Post game as the umpires missed it - I’d call it ‘cheating’ and a fine/ suspension doesn’t help north and the 4 points they lost almost as a direct result .

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Do you know many have we won after trailing at 3q time by 10 points or under?

Just interested.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just had a quick look, hopefully this is correct. By my calculations we've won five of 14 (Dockers, Dogs and Swans this year, Blues and Melb last year) where the margin has been 13 or less at the final change in 2017-18. All five of those we were leading at the final change. 0-6 when trailing by less than 13 at final change.
Three games where we led and lost. We also had the Cats and Dockers games last year where we were 25 and 15 up at final change and lost both.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't remind me of the draw.

I swear I saw an interchange today where Jed ran on well in advance of the player coming off (might have been Goldy for a blood rule). Thought for sure those campaigners would line us up.

Pretty sure if it's the blood rule, the interchange player is allowed to come onto the ground before the other player comes off.

The idea is that the player coming on can get to their position quicker and it doesn't hold the game up so much.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yet again Dumont gets mentioned. He was good and could be an important part of a successful engine room for us.

In a different side. He would be the slowest wingman in the game. He makes good position but again is not dynamic and gets cut up on transition. With Ahern and LDU stepping up, I just can’t see how he stays in the 22.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watching the first quarter and boy did we stuff up a few i50s.

Anyway,
Maj should've had another free in that first quarter that would've put us three goals up. Ump in perfect position, Maj's arm is held the whole way through.

View attachment 528245

Not to mention the hand over the shoulder as well....

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
At the game it was obvious that he was coaching and also almost filling the space

At the time it should have been a free kick and 50m penalty for impacting the game

Post game as the umpires missed it - I’d call it ‘cheating’ and a fine/ suspension doesn’t help north and the 4 points they lost almost as a direct result .
Radio commentators were saying the umpires missed a 50 to North in the last few minutes so i don't know if it was for that or something else.

Hi folks, the post-match review on The Shinboner is up - https://theshinboner.com/2018/07/16...atch-review-north-melbourne-sydney-shinboner/

Bits about leading patterns, the benefits of the extra tall up forward, trying to identify reasons for third quarters being so good (and second quarters being so bad) and a bunch of other stuff as well.

gif1.gif

It goes without saying that the above puts all the other dribble from us that we like to pass off as commentary well and truly in the shade. Perspective is a great trait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention the hand over the shoulder as well....
Yep.

Maj also had two other chances to win the game for us in the last quarter and kicked two behinds instead. He could've finished the game with 7-8 goals. Oh well, not much we can do now.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

it'll be more than "nothing to see here"...it'll be hurley coming out and saying publicly "this is an outrageous accusation and totally false. we would never do that". they just double down on their cheating as if no one will question it further because of how amendment he acted that it's false, it's a joke.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still feeling a bit down, I really thought we had it after majak's and jack's goal :(

****** Buddy... get's out for 2 mins in the entire game and he'll be talked about for weeks now.

Once again, difference was Ben Jacobs

Meh, I find it hard to get too worked up about a SMH writer writing for a Sydney audience.

Blame Fairfax for gutting the newsroom so he's the only one they ever assign Swans games to.

Back