Autopsy vs Sydney - yiiiiewwww

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be honest

The Melbourne-based team - again - won because the umpires released so much pressure for them - and gifted them so many 50/50 contests that you simply cannot overcome in a tight game. Footy is a possession/momentum game of inches. To say the umpires didn't influence it is dumb and dishonest.

To be smacked 23-16 in frees on your homeground is nothing short of fraud. It flies in the face of decades of research about umpires and homeground advantage. The apologists here can spin it any way they like - but we are treated with contempt by umpires. One of the most respected teams (by their peers) and disciplined, hardworking units in decades - are treated by umpires with contempt.

The number of goals we have had overturned by inconclusive reviews is laughable at the SCG. But when one is clearly touched by Macca - and this is ignored - is simply highly suspicious.

Again, for the apologists who prefer to pretend this doesn't happen - then blame Horse for the world's woes - open your eyes.

Sorry Josh Kellys Dog

You've just been beaten out for POTY

You should all enjoy one of life's great pleasures and head over to the Sydney board and take in the umpiring salt and paranoid tinfoil hat ranting.

It really is the best kind of schadenfreude.

Might go up a notch this evening when Collingwood send them out of the 8. Hopefully, Eddie celebrates the event with a bourbon and COLA....bwahahahahaha.

Keen to hear your thoughts here Scottywiper. Perhaps a Daw, Waite, Brown combo or something totally left field?
All of the above. Even a Daw/Durdin or McKay combo.
Hard to be critical after a great win... But when Brown went into ruck or dropped back he took telling marks. Goldy just couldn't do the same, especially when he was the target for long kicks out of defence.

Looking Forward to Paul Roos and Gerald Healy having a Big Sook over Hartung's "Goal". :stern look

Anyways a Great Win by the NMFC. I'm sorry that I didn't post last night. I was having a Big Crank. :stern look
Get ready for the 'Paul Roos rule' . Where history gets rewritten and Sydney is given the win.

Greetings folks, The Shinboner review for late night/early morning/whatever time of day it is reading: https://theshinboner.com/2018/05/06/round-7-belief-composure-and-adaptability-match-review-north-melbourne-sydney-the-shinbone/

As per usual Rick, your posts are an absolute treasure trove of information obtained via some good old-fashioned research. Well done again.

I just had a read back through your 3 posts on the Sydney game, and there were some gems to be found:

- Ben Brown being used more as a lead-up forward this week. You probably didn't nail that prediction, but kinda got the point of doing something different with him correct.
- Jarrad McVeigh being the Swans' leading goal-kicker against us over the past 2 years. WT actual F
- A reminder of Sam Reid's importance to the Swans via his taking of approximately 69 uncontested intercept marks against us last season.
- The amazing run the Swans have had not conceding 100 points... Especially with brooms, washing machines & what-not playing in defense.

My take, for what it's worth, is that we got a lot out of the Port Power loss... Both on (Jed & Jy especially) & off (coaching against a particular playing style) the field. I wonder if that will be a watershed game of sorts looking back on the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I know how every supporter has felt over the years, of the 100’s of times we have been anal probed by the umps, it’s nice to be on the other side of it for once.

McFlog touched it, suck s**t. Seriously, ******* suck it.

Anyone remember the Swans win over us at Etihad, forget which year.

Late in a close game ball kicked into our forward line, big Drewie in front of Grundy sticks his arms out and takes a grab 45m out on an angle. But somehow from behind Grundy has stuck his head in Drewies armpit. Umpire blows whistle and gives Grundy the free kick for " too high "

Swings & roundabouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back