Autopsy vs Sydney - yiiiiewwww

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL has signed off on Hartungs goal hahahahaha.

THE AFL says there was not enough "definitive evidence" to overturn a controversial goal kicked by North Melbourne speedster Billy Hartung in Saturday night's two-point win over Sydney.

The umpiring department has also ticked off on a goal kicked by Hawthorn's Tom Mitchell right on the three-quarter time siren of Saturday's win over Essendon.

Hartung's opening-term goal looked to be touched off the boot by Swans veteran Jarrad McVeigh, but neither the field nor the goal umpire called for a review.

As is the process with every goal, the score review official looked at the vision before play was restarted.

However, despite the ball appearing to be touched, the goal was not overturned.

A league spokesman told AFL.com.au the vision was inconclusive.

"There was not enough definitive evidence to overrule and change the decision in time before the restart of play, so the original decision stood."

In recent weeks the AFL's score review system has come under fire for taking too long and delaying games.

AFL football manager Steve Hocking has asked score review officials to make decisions within 20-30 seconds or else defer back to the goal umpire's original decision.

I was at a dinner party - was watching on the phone without sound. Can someone please tell me why there was a goal disallowed to us to the left of screen (2nd quarter IIRC) when Ziebell was shepherding it through?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is controversial non goal decision that should be head-lining the news. I Completely lost it and the abuse the poor TV copped was over the top. Offset by love siren time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

he shepparded it through, happens multiple times a game. last two times a player has been free’d against for that, have both been nth melb players
Except JZ had front spot. He was trying to get back to the goal line and the swans player blocked him.

Theres no way you could pull a definitive free out of that.

Should have been play on.

Except JZ had front spot. He was trying to get back to the goal line and the swans player blocked him.

Theres no way you could pull a definitive free out of that.

Should have been play on.

You can commit cold blooded murder shepherding a ball through.

Except if you're a north player.

What I found quite pleasing was whenever a Sydney player had a break (inside 50) on one of our key defenders/players, that break vanished in a couple of seconds which meant it was going to be a rushed shot for goal. Even when the odds of it being a goal were greater regardless, the players pushed themselves.

That's the s**t that won us the game last night.

The Shinboner spirit was on full display in Sydney on Saturday night at the SCG. Lucky enough to witness the brilliant scenes inside the North sheds post-game...top effort from a side well and truly under the radar. Massive congrats to Sam Wright..what he must have thought and gone through re: injury / career..what a way to comeback..It's what makes Footy great..Enjoy!

jack.jpg
nr.jpg

chorys.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't read the thread, so I assume these feelings have been uttered by others already.

I just loved the way:

1 - the media all said we could only win if Browny had another blinder - he didn't and we still won

2 - the media all said that Goldstein had to dominate in the ruck for us to win - he didn't and we still won

3 - Billy's run-down and goal - rarely have I so whole-heartedly screamed at the telly for a piece of play in the first quarter of a match

4 - the 'goal' controversy - suck a big fat one Swans - you've cheated us out of so many wins - literally!!

5 - the constant pressure and the fact that we didn't wilt when they got their noses in front and thought it was all just going to happen for them

I'll add more when they come to mind. Bloody people here expect me to WORK on a Monday morning after a great win.........

6 - SAMMY!!!!! Great to see you back!!

7 - 4Wood - Welcome back as well! Surprise package for the unprepared Swans. Seemed like you marked everything in sight. Surprised it was "only" 9 in the end.

Last edited:
In a low scoring affair at the SCG Shaun Higgins and Mason Wood polled nine coaches votes each as the underdogs, North Melbourne, were able to grind out a season-defining victory over Sydney. Higgins returned to the team (concussion) and took up right where he left off, collecting 31 disposals and kicking a goal. In the absence of Jarrad Waite, Wood made an impressive return to senior football kicking four goals, including the match winner in the dying minutes of the game to give North their fourth win for the season. Josh Kennedy was Sydney’s best player on the day, earning four coaches’ votes for his 31-disposal effort.

9 Higgins
9 Wood
4 Kennedy
3 Sinclair
2 Grundy
1 Jacobs
1 EVW

In a low scoring affair at the SCG Shaun Higgins and Mason Wood polled nine coaches votes each as the underdogs, North Melbourne, were able to grind out a season-defining victory over Sydney. Higgins returned to the team (concussion) and took up right where he left off, collecting 31 disposals and kicking a goal. In the absence of Jarrad Waite, Wood made an impressive return to senior football kicking four goals, including the match winner in the dying minutes of the game to give North their fourth win for the season. Josh Kennedy was Sydney’s best player on the day, earning four coaches’ votes for his 31-disposal effort.

9 Higgins
9 Wood
4 Kennedy
3 Sinclair
2 Grundy
1 Jacobs
1 EVW
Kennedy should be 5

23-16 frees to North on Sydney's home ground plus dodgy non- goal review.

Buy a lottery ticket and thank the umpires again for pitching in.
I'd be salty too if my club didn't have a soul

23-16 frees to North on Sydney's home ground plus dodgy non- goal review.

Buy a lottery ticket and thank the umpires again for pitching in.
Or maybe we got the frees because we were, more often than not, first to the ball.

So good to see fresh sour grapes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back