Autopsy vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m beginning I to believe any in-game moves we’ve ever made under Brads tenure we’re done by the assistants when he on a toilet break

I think you overestimate our assistants. But I like the metaphorical link between what Brad produces on his toilet break and what he produces in the coaches box.

I think you overestimate our assistants. But I like the metaphorical link between what Brad produces on his toilet break and what he produces in the coaches box.

I can't complain about Shaw. He has held the backline together fairly well all things considered.

I’m so frustrated it’s insane, don’t care about how **** we were, don’t care about the umpires....

I’m frustrated with what our coach said at the press conference, he seemed like it was just another loss? I want him to be pissed off....
We played shite football for large parts and he going on about key indicators bull crap...

I officially throw my hat in the ring to have him removed, thanks for your efforts over the previous ten years now F off...enough is enough...
Yep what a farce for a coach and to say that we cannot play simple footy. Piss off dh.

Atley needs to be looked at for trade bait. l'm sick of hearing commentators saying he has speed. He HAD speed when yougner but gets caught to often. McDonald, Wood are also not up to it and only play bit parts in games. Our forward structure in the 2 weeks prior to this game were very good but by bringing McDonald back in it caused Turner to go back up forward after playing his best 2 games for a long time down back. The forward line last night once again didnt function and this might have been 1 of the reasons. We have players in the vfl who in time will help but currently we are struggling. If Daw can make a return our backs in the vfl of Daw, Durdin, McKay, Vickers Willis, Scott who when is fit, will be all able to help lock down a backline. We have LDU, Ahern, Taylor and even Hall sitting in the vfl to cover mid field losses but it is our forwards that are causing us major issues as we dont have a lot standing up for a place at the moment. If there are internal issues that are causing problems then these have to be addressed first for stability on the field. Higgins didnt appear as though he wanted to be there last night for the first 3 quarters and congratulations to Clarke for playing a good job on controlling his influence on the game. Another Ex North player who should not have been let go.

Atley needs to be looked at for trade bait. l'm sick of hearing commentators saying he has speed. He HAD speed when yougner but gets caught to often. McDonald, Wood are also not up to it and only play bit parts in games. Our forward structure in the 2 weeks prior to this game were very good but by bringing McDonald back in it caused Turner to go back up forward after playing his best 2 games for a long time down back. The forward line last night once again didnt function and this might have been 1 of the reasons. We have players in the vfl who in time will help but currently we are struggling. If Daw can make a return our backs in the vfl of Daw, Durdin, McKay, Vickers Willis, Scott who when is fit, will be all able to help lock down a backline. We have LDU, Ahern, Taylor and even Hall sitting in the vfl to cover mid field losses but it is our forwards that are causing us major issues as we dont have a lot standing up for a place at the moment. If there are internal issues that are causing problems then these have to be addressed first for stability on the field. Higgins didnt appear as though he wanted to be there last night for the first 3 quarters and congratulations to Clarke for playing a good job on controlling his influence on the game. Another Ex North player who should not have been let go.

If I were the new coach I’d hold a garage sale. Put it all out on the nature strip, come make us an offer and if it matches our price it’s yours. At the end, see what’s left and if it’s alright we’ll make the most of it. If it’s crap then chuck it out.

He enters the season wondering what everyone else is doing and figuring out how he can counter it. He's the same assistant coach that walked in to Arden Street 10 years ago.
Hence consistent slow starts to the season.

Just never became an innovator nor did he learn from his mistakes. His moves, positionally, tactically and personnel wise have always been far too late. We always were going to suffer in 2013 from closing out games due to the horrendous 2012 kamikaze plan. He was still playing rolling maul ball when the league had moved back to emulating hawthorn. And now he tries the hawthorn model whilst the afl moves to team defence to counter 666.

If it’s money the board is worried about, I’ll happily dip into the saving a chip in as I assume most would to cut the head off. If that isn’t the sole reason as to why it’s happened, then throw the board out too.

If I were the new coach I’d hold a garage sale. Put it all out on the nature strip, come make us an offer and if it matches our price it’s yours. At the end, see what’s left and if it’s alright we’ll make the most of it. If it’s crap then chuck it out.
Never fails to amuse me, but for hypothetical sake, if Scott were to be extended a couple more times there is foreseeable chance that role players like Turner, McMillan, Atley and McDonald all play 350 games.

Hence consistent slow starts to the season.

Just never became an innovator nor did he learn from his mistakes. His moves, positionally, tactically and personnel wise have always been far too late. We always were going to suffer in 2013 from closing out games due to the horrendous 2012 kamikaze plan. He was still playing rolling maul ball when the league had moved back to emulating hawthorn. And now he tries the hawthorn model whilst the afl moves to team defence to counter 666.

If it’s money the board is worried about, I’ll happily dip into the saving a chip in as I assume most would to cut the head off. If that isn’t the sole reason as to why it’s happened, then throw the board out too.

Sack Scott, lose $$$$ and offer the fans some hope.
Keep Scott, lose fans and $$$$ and head to oblivion.

What are they waiting for?

Oh I would love to trade MacMillan for 2 1st rounders but unfortunately trading doesn't work that way.

Brown is soft and an ordinary forward unless the ball is delivered perfectly. I'd rather have Daw at FF upon his return.

Durdin was good last week, killed the Fijian. Just need continuity and he can hold down CHB. McKay needs games but he is the decent one on one defender with size we have been waiting for. Watson has also shown he is worth a chance at either end. Xerri looks an out an out star and by round 1 next year he might be ready.

Larkey and Wood are fine up forward.

The only thing stopping us being a good young team with a future is the dickhead in charge and his disgraceful use of senior crabs.
You cant be serious about Wood - do you mean Mason Wood or is the another in the team going under a different name. Mason needs a LONG spell in the VFL to capture any form he may still have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade bait who’s lowering his price every week. Can’t continue playing him.

Let's temper this with a little bit of better analysis. It was standing room only in the North forward line last night and it's not as if we hit him up on the lead that often. It was either handball chains or long bombs.

I still believe he is badly stifled by the current game plan.

Let's temper this with a little bit of better analysis. It was standing room only in the North forward line last night and it's not as if we hit him up on the lead that often. It was either handball chains or long bombs.

I still believe he is badly stifled by the current game plan.

It’s his seventh season. He’d want to find a game plan that suits him soon.

This will be unpopular but you are so spot on mate.

Lets say we grow some balls and sack the coach.

Brown to the dogs for pick 5 + 2020 1st Round.

Higgins might get us a late first/ early 2nd.

Dumont to Adelaide/Port for a 2nd.

Goldstein to FA for pick 20 if we finish 2nd last which is a great result.

MacMillan to anyone for a 3rd Round selection (doubt there would be any takers)

Turner might have a fan or two our there.

These are the 6 with some semblance of currency I'd let go.

Daw to return as the Full Forward.

Xerri to Ruck.

Polec to play HbF to fix our disposal coming out of defence.

Tarrant to play for a few years mentoring McKay, Durdin, Crocker, Watson and EVW.

There is something to work with for a new regime willing to play players in positions which maximises their strengths.
We would struggle to win a game for 2-3 years. Unsustainable for our club, we would be shipped to Tassie before we knew it. Not sure what the answer is atm.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So some thoughts on my first live game of the year.

Skills of MOST of the players are horrid, if i were the coaching staff i would be making ALL players sleep with a footy, it does not leave your person at all day or night. The fumbling bumbling was just spectacular, when you looked at Sydney with deft little touches, flicks and punches to get it to a team mate it made us look stupid.

Mason Wood needs to come out of the side, he offers nothing at the moment and our forward line pressure was non existent for most of the night.

This whole thing of kicking the ball on Benny Brown's head is just bloody ridiculous now, how many weeks has it been and they are still doing the same stupid thing, the Sydney players were swarming him before the ball was even kicked to him for god sake. THEY KNOW WHERE ITS GOING HE HAS NO HOPE ....... AND NO SMALL FORWARD PRESSURE TO HELP HIM.

Ben Cunnington is a joy to watch ...... serious no joke.

TT if he can stay healthy is going to be a gun, head and shoulders above most on our team.

Jy is starting to show what he has, i rate him and think he is going to be very good.

So some thoughts on my first live game of the year.

Skills of MOST of the players are horrid, if i were the coaching staff i would be making ALL players sleep with a footy, it does not leave your person at all day or night. The fumbling bumbling was just spectacular, when you looked at Sydney with deft little touches, flicks and punches to get it to a team mate it made us look stupid.

Mason Wood needs to come out of the side, he offers nothing at the moment and our forward line pressure was non existent for most of the night.

This whole thing of kicking the ball on Benny Brown's head is just bloody ridiculous now, how many weeks has it been and they are still doing the same stupid thing, the Sydney players were swarming him before the ball was even kicked to him for god sake. THEY KNOW WHERE ITS GOING HE HAS NO HOPE ....... AND NO SMALL FORWARD PRESSURE TO HELP HIM.

Ben Cunnington is a joy to watch ...... serious no joke.

TT if he can stay healthy is going to be a gun, head and shoulders above most on our team.

Jy is starting to show what he has, i rate him and think he is going to be very good.

I thought the players were pretty much Dumbos up until 3 quarter time

I truly dont understand how and why McMillan and McDonald can get games every single week. They simply don't offer anything close to AFL standard. Not surprised with that rubbish tonight. Just sat there and waited to lose another game we should have won. Should be pissed off and angry but can't be bothered.
Agree. The fact is they wouldn’t get a game at any other club so why should we tolerate it? Yes it’s a crude measure and yes we don’t have the depth but still ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back