Autopsy vs WBD - Rd 21

I’m telling you it’s a crock of s**t.

I was 5 meters away and could clearly see he was severely winded.

Spud is watching it on TV and has NFI if he was winded or not?

In what world does an AFL player just lay on the ground when the ball is right next to him?

Anyone that believes the word of a simpleton like spud needs to have their head read.

Marley Williams is that last player people should be accusing of being a cat.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
That was the first Brad Scott press conference I've ever listened to where he came across as simply arrogant and condescending.

The loss is isolation can be explained away. But the season as a whole and its place in Scott's body of work over a decade can't just be explained away.

Maybe Brad should change his name to "Manana". Today is never the day to pay the piper in Brad's world. It's always a learning experience, always just working on a "process".

Surprised the guy was able to buy a house. Based on his coaching thought he'd just do the rounds at lots of auctions making starting bids to learn how to feel like a good bidder. Ending up with an actual property would be neither here nor there in his world.

Anyway if our much vaunted "process" centres on how to approach a window of opportunity - then proceed to urinate all over it - we've got it well and truly mastered now.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He was never throwing kids in as a by product of being in contention most of the season.
In the first half of the year nobody had an issue with virtually yesterday’s side, now we look as though we’re finally done for the year the baggers come out and wonder why changes weren’t made

Yep and yep mate. While we were sitting in the top 8 no one was complaining about the lack of games the kids were getting.

Our depth was questioned by the media and proven correct.

Our players decide not play a quarter of footy, concede 8 goals and magically its Brad's fault lol

Oh and just a reminder: M Wood was "kicking the door down" as well. We saw how that turned out.

Well done to the coaching team for getting us this far i say - hopefully we can buy some players in the off season to help bridge the gap. NMFC 2020 still on track!

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

OMG - I posted in this thread that he was my favourite player - that is PUTRID!!!!

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
He was never throwing kids in as a by product of being in contention most of the season.
In the first half of the year nobody had an issue with virtually yesterday’s side, now we look as though we’re finally done for the year the baggers come out and wonder why changes weren’t made
You might want to check the changes thread... People have been screaming for changes most weeks.

Backing oof players in until they are 100% cooked and not giving in form vfl players is Scott's legacy.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Watch the clip below it before condemning him. Unfortunately he got clipped in just the wrong spot and 100% of people being hit the same way would have gone and stayed down the same way.

It always amazes me how commentators can tell us that a bit of physical play didn't actually hurt.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
The issue is when our midfield is on top and pressuring the opposition, the ball doesn't come down cleanly, allowing our defenders to pick it off. See the Weagles game in Tasmania, they were not able to get any run whatsoever, and our defence was rock solid.

However against quick running sides (Essendon, Dogs, Collingwood, even Brisbane) we are unable to slow their run and our (and most other sides) defense is horribly exposed, resulting in easy scores against.

What we need is quicker mids / ball carriers who can also pressure opposition to stop the quick transition into our defense. One or two quality small forwards wouldn't hurt either.

I agree that McKay has been in form and probably deserves a chance, but bringing him in would not have made a difference, particularly in those games we lost. Nielson was injured early on and I don't think has really found sufficient form yet. Murphy looks like a prospect but is he best 22 yet? And neither BMac or Nielsen add any pace or run.

Remember first half of the season we were first or second in lowest points conceded? When our midfield started to struggle mid year this then began to blow out.

Our problems are not simply our defense - they go much deeper and more widespread than that - and to single them out is wrong.

I'm not sure whose defense would have stopped goals in some of those games the way the ball was coming in.
We all know the *ing midfield has issues, that's beside the point.

I'm saying if Scott's rotated players through the side more regularly maybe senior players would get to rest niggles and recharge whilst encouraging the young players with senior opportunities.

We are stagnant because we continue to play oof players by the half dozen. There are never fresh legs in the side until someone has a 5 possession game or an injury occurs or it's their debutante season. We are too rigid with structure...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The chorus

All Australian
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Learning our system? Surely the day the VFL side managed no goals in 4 quarters of football was the day they all graduated.
The fact that they managed no goals in 4 quarters of football perhaps suggests that there weren't a lot with claims for promotion. Having said that, I hope the better VFL performers get a game in the next two weeks, particularly Mountford, Nielsen and Hibberd

The fact that they managed no goals in 4 quarters of football perhaps suggests that there weren't a lot with claims for promotion. Having said that, I hope the better VFL performers get a game in the next two weeks, particularly Mountford, Nielsen and Hibberd

Not sure if that's not a flawed way of looking at it though. I mean our AFL team didn't do a heap more than that against Collingwood and basically the whole lot of them got a game the next week. I think it's very hard for a single player to look good in a team getting flogged off the ground.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mids can't run both ways every week and that is why we are losing games. Even when we have a full list, there hasn't been complete certainty that we would perform consistently.

We are bare minimum, two years away from finals contention. And by then, I'm hopeful our backline and midfield will look really different. With more zip, skill and composure, I hope we improve.

The midfield is in desperate need of classy outside players. Hawks had them and won 3 premierships in a row, Geelong had them and won 3 in 5 years. Anyone that has class outside win premierships. We don't have enough of them. Dogs went for outside and they went through Sydney with ease in that GF.

We don't need star inside mids, we need star outside mids. And we don't have them. I'm glad Martin didn't come to North because he doesn't have enough outside ability. He is a replication of Cunners.

I have been watching Cunnington, Higgo, Goldy, Anderson closely, and discovered that pressure prevents opposition from seeing any of our cracks on the outside. But once we drop pressure, the gates are open. We get absolutely annihilated on the outside. Pace prevails and we lose.

When we had Jacobs, we actually forced the outside opposition mids to play more inside to alleviate the tagging pressure off players like Mitchell, but what we did brilliantly was make Jacobs move outside and give to Hartung or another outside player we had then. The end result was opponents running around like headless chickens and us running riot. Scott can coach brilliantly when he has cattle that can do it consistently. But once the cattle lose fitness and start to get the niggles again, we go back into damage control rarely playing a dominant game. Atley is playing more towards a defensive forward role, can't be chucked on the wing.

Our wings are barrier-less trenches waiting to receive the Hiroshima treatment.

The sad truth is, even if we made finals, we would be holding onto the thinnest of strings in terms of falling to our death.

Players that had pace and skill were at North, but I don't want to speak of them because they are either injured or were delisted because of injuries.

But I will name one individual that had pace, skill and hunger, he was such a good player. Kieran ******* Harper. Watching those passes to Petrie and kicking them from 50 and the pace and tackles! Imagine he made it. Such confidence for a young inexperienced player. Never seen someone nail passes through the middle like Boomer and Wells did. Richmond 2012 comes to mind.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yep and yep mate. While we were sitting in the top 8 no one was complaining about the lack of games the kids were getting.

Our depth was questioned by the media and proven correct.

Our players decide not play a quarter of footy, concede 8 goals and magically its Brad's fault lol

Oh and just a reminder: M Wood was "kicking the door down" as well. We saw how that turned out.

Well done to the coaching team for getting us this far i say - hopefully we can buy some players in the off season to help bridge the gap. NMFC 2020 still on track!
The reason our depth is questioned is because no one has seen our depth...cause they don’t get played!

Mids can't run both ways every week and that is why we are losing games. Even when we have a full list, there hasn't been complete certainty that we would perform consistently.

We are bare minimum, two years away from finals contention. And by then, I'm hopeful our backline and midfield will look really different. With more zip, skill and composure, I hope we improve.

The midfield is in desperate need of classy outside players. Hawks had them and won 3 premierships in a row, Geelong had them and won 3 in 5 years. Anyone that has class outside win premierships. We don't have enough of them. Dogs went for outside and they went through Sydney with ease in that GF.

We don't need star inside mids, we need star outside mids. And we don't have them. I'm glad Martin didn't come to North because he doesn't have enough outside ability. He is a replication of Cunners.

I have been watching Cunnington, Higgo, Goldy, Anderson closely, and discovered that pressure prevents opposition from seeing any of our cracks on the outside. But once we drop pressure, the gates are open. We get absolutely annihilated on the outside. Pace prevails and we lose.

When we had Jacobs, we actually forced the outside opposition mids to play more inside to alleviate the tagging pressure off players like Mitchell, but what we did brilliantly was make Jacobs move outside and give to Hartung or another outside player we had then. The end result was opponents running around like headless chickens and us running riot. Scott can coach brilliantly when he has cattle that can do it consistently. But once the cattle lose fitness and start to get the niggles again, we go back into damage control rarely playing a dominant game. Atley is playing more towards a defensive forward role, can't be chucked on the wing.

Our wings are barrier-less trenches waiting to receive the Hiroshima treatment.

The sad truth is, even if we made finals, we would be holding onto the thinnest of strings in terms of falling to our death.

Players that had pace and skill were at North, but I don't want to speak of them because they are either injured or were delisted because of injuries.

But I will name one individual that had pace, skill and hunger, he was such a good player. Kieran ******* Harper. Watching those passes to Petrie and kicking them from 50 and the pace and tackles! Imagine he made it. Such confidence for a young inexperienced player. Never seen someone nail passes through the middle like Boomer and Wells did. Richmond 2012 comes to mind.
But but but, Scotts told me he’s building a team that will compete against the best?? Surely you have missed the point. 9 year’s of Scotts and surely he’s developed some outside run? Surely??

DCS OO7

Cancelled
May 26, 2011
Anglesea
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We're done, we should just pull the plug and bottom out as far as we can. Just let Adelaide pump us this week.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lets lust look on the bright side. We will probably now finish 11th on the ladder because Adelaide will flog us, we will lose to the Saints and of course the *peptide pushers will win at least one of their last two.

Which means we will get pick 8 in the draft. Granted not the number 1 pick that some posters craved for at the beginning of the year but still not too bad a pick.
Love your optimism H. :)

Still, better than your start of season thread.

czero

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watch the clip below it before condemning him. Unfortunately he got clipped in just the wrong spot and 100% of people being hit the same way would have gone and stayed down the same way.
Yeah - I just thought he was playing for the free after muffing the collection. Not ideal, but if it worked out he would of gotten possession back so I can see why you might do that in a panic.

The midfield smashed us, singling out a few moments that players wish they had back isn't what cost us the game.

Our players were not mentally prepared to play finals like football against a team 'without a chance of playing finals'. That is on the coach.

Please people. If you bring your opposition supporting mates into a North reserved seating area don't expect me or surrounding members to be nice and polite to them.

There is a reason we choose to sit together.

You weren’t in L1 Aisle 23 by any chance?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back