Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - Rd 14,. 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the weirdest games I've seen.

Nice change feeling like I just watched a loss then processing that it was a win.

Well a nice change from watching games where we felt the better team but came up with nil pwa.

There are holes, holes all over the team. Players not running defensively, poor skills, a lack of talk and some appalling forward entry and general structure.

But we won.

So tonight we eat, drink and be merry and worry about tomorrow - tomorrow.

Replay on now. Not sure I can watch 1st half again...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's worth it when it comes good. A few guys where busting there arses limiting the damage while we were doing nothing - have to watch and respect that IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the games to go to this year, I couldn't be happier that I went to this one. I felt smug sorta coming in thinking this was gonna be easy, but man it was an arm wrestle until North started to contend in the second half. There wasn't that many people there you'd think sitting there but there sure were alot of North supporters and it was LOUD.

At the end of the third I said to my dad; 'This is going to the wire'. Bloke sitting in front was a Dogs supporter who bet 200 on Dogs winning 3 quarters and losing the game, I could've kissed that man after the game for his god tier betting skills, he walked outta that arena filthy rich. The place absolutely EXPLODED when Brown toe poked a gift from heaven to Ziebell to seal the deal with under a minute to go. It was a scrappy first half, and down one rotation, but my god what a win. WHAT A GUTSY WIN. Higgins should be gifted the brownlow for saving our asses.

Best game I've had the privilege to attend.

Just read the Herald Sun report of the game. I knew Higgins 3rd qtr was huge but he must have been busier than I thought if Sam Edmunds report is anything to go by!!!

Higgins, who had come in for some first half punishment from the Dogs, had 11 possessions and two girls in the third term alone after going in to half-time with 10 touches.

I saw sugar flying against BBB at one stage. We seem to lack crumbers when we consistently go in high.

I like Turners endeavour but after watching him quite a bit this year -can’t help but think he’s just a dumb footballer.
Runs to all the wrong areas and some of his decision making is below par.

Liking Murphy. I think when EVW comes back we’ll have more of a pure back 6 with career defenders. Not mids or utilities that we’re trying to turn into defenders.

Atley looks to have gone up a gear. New contract please.

Forward setup looked all at sea and out mids were very one way especially in the first half.

The amount of uncontested ball the dogs had is unforgivable

Cunners is great.

What about the non htb on Bont?

Tried to take on 5 blokes lol

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Had the arms free and then dragged the ball back to his chest and got tackled.

Not one of the four donkeys out there could see the clear prior.
Why have the extra then? Seriously it’s a shambles.

Missus almost dialled 000 I was losing my s**t so much
I left my sons and their mate during the second quarter and watched the rest of the quarter on one of the televisions in the L3 concourse. I couldn't hack it, I didn't want to look bad in front of their friend. I returned to one of the back rows of L3 for the second half and made a laughing stock of myself by whining through the entire half. I was numb by the end. I can't keep doing this....

Even with the ****** up review we won. Take note Sydney.
Masons shot early in the last was a goal.
No review on screen either was strange.
Now they adjudicated that touched is beyond me.

Just realized it bounced in off Ziebells leg.
Either way the ball never crossed the whole line and should have been 6 points. Farce

Last edited:
The main umpire called a ball up against Cunnington before the umpire on the outer wing came in overturned the call.

It’s s**t like that which gets all footy fans offside.

Adding additional perspectives via running 4 umpires will only create more issues rather than clear anything up.

They will try to sell it as 'we want the right decisions more often'. This is why they're wrong. Fans don't really care about the right decision. They'll complain regardless. The fans want less decisions. This would also make less complaining as there'd be less to complain about.

46 free kicks in a game.

1 every 156 seconds.

The over officiating is absurd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back