Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Who knows? It has changed over the years (and not just in footy). It seems that Hawthorn players genuinely love Clarkson.

But that wasn’t the point, wins aside, I doubt very much they would show that emotion for a disingenuous fraud as asserted by our mate Zondors.

I suspect the Hawthorn players love winning.

Brad seems to take a genuine interest in the welfare of the players. I’m sure they really like him as a person. But the job of the senior coach is to win.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
So just because a few tears were shed he is all of a sudden this great bloke and great coach?

A lot of naive people in here. Brad has jumped ship, knowing that coaching the year out would damage his brand and any shot of a senior gig next year.

I don’t give a **** how much he loved his players. He should have loved the club more and made difficult calls on these players he loved.

I’m not sure when being a friend to the players and a great bloke has made you a great coach.

Good luck to him for the future, but I won’t shed any tears for a bloke has that has left this list in poor shape.

I think he is.

No one likes Clarkson. His ex-team mates.
Would be surprised if his wife liked him. Respect him all they do. Some people are s**t. Seems clarko is trying to become a human. Learning the guitar. There is no way on anyone's earth he will coach North. He is what the rolling stones talk about in St Petersburg. In other books he has worn a Johnnie Walker hat.

s**t people succeed in an industry where the instruction is to punch said Jewish ruckman in the head. Master coach. Success is winning but who wants to be a hawk? Selfish, immoral, proud when winning, hunched when losing. Peck the eyes out of a family member of the nutrients would give them survival

Crap sport to follow and wish I could ejector seat my way out of caring. I only do it because my grandfather did it. The sooner I can not care the better. The AFL as an organ is filled with failed people with monied parents that went to certain schools. They have to learn the street through advisers. Chief advisor: Brad Scott

Our players allowing Libba's goal on 3 quarter time siren. What do you think they did wrong here??
03111b689b848b4658f0880089587e04.jpg
b3f5343e4199040a0ae9ad8f5430e1fc.jpg
997e3ec281c6ed01e4a5896b22cfea03.jpg
Great pick-up. I turned to my uncle with your exact same observation. Absolutely blew my stack at how stupid our players were there. What was it? Four players all following the one player to the boundary. I was livid.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
So just because a few tears were shed he is all of a sudden this great bloke and great coach?

A lot of naive people in here. Brad has jumped ship, knowing that coaching the year out would damage his brand and any shot of a senior gig next year.

I don’t give a **** how much he loved his players. He should have loved the club more and made difficult calls on these players he loved.

I’m not sure when being a friend to the players and a great bloke has made you a great coach.

Good luck to him for the future, but I won’t shed any tears for a bloke has that has left this list in poor shape.

There needs to be a seperate discussion around Brad the bloke and Brad the coach. The Brad the bloke tributes probably need to go to a non football thread.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Well it was more tears of frustration at what coulda/shoulda/wasn’t to be; 10 years is a very long time and when you think back to the optimism of the 2010 New Era launch it all wound up today, in ultimately was 10 years of limited success.

I have maintained through the past couple of years that mid season departures are messy and would have preferred end of season and before you quote back Schwab/Clarkson I can also raise the likes of Geishan who care takered into a Coaching position, that saw him not go on.

This appears tonight to have mess written all over it.

So at the end of the day today I got emotional, probably more so for myself than anything.

Scott gave us a brief insight through those Finals wins that I shared with Orange Peanut into what it feels like to be excited and win big games which we haven’t had since 1999/1990’s.

It’s a long time ago now.

It’s probably why I was so angry last weekend in Hobart; that frustration that we were going nowhere.

The back has been broken on it now. Time to move on into that next era.

Hopefully the next tears will be those of joy on a final siren on Premiership Day.

Stick fat Shinboners!

Oh we’re sticking fat, Gaso. So much so Pauly cracked one down at the old Western Oval and injured himself.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Hope is a wonderful thing. We now have it again.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There needs to be a seperate discussion around Brad the bloke and Brad the coach. The Brad the bloke tributes probably need to go to a non football thread.
I like Brad the bloke and Brad the communicator but not a fan of “Brad-some-of-you-can-play-every-game-no-questions-asked-even-if-you-deserve-a-spell-in-twos” type coach.

Last edited:

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Well it was more tears of frustration at what coulda/shoulda/wasn’t to be; 10 years is a very long time and when you think back to the optimism of the 2010 New Era launch it all wound up today, in ultimately was 10 years of limited success.

I have maintained through the past couple of years that mid season departures are messy and would have preferred end of season and before you quote back Schwab/Clarkson I can also raise the likes of Geishan who care takered into a Coaching position, that saw him not go on.

This appears tonight to have mess written all over it.

So at the end of the day today I got emotional, probably more so for myself than anything.

Scott gave us a brief insight through those Finals wins that I shared with Orange Peanut into what it feels like to be excited and win big games which we haven’t had since 1999/1990’s.

It’s a long time ago now.

It’s probably why I was so angry last weekend in Hobart; that frustration that we were going nowhere.

The back has been broken on it now. Time to move on into that next era.

Hopefully the next tears will be those of joy on a final siren on Premiership Day.

Stick fat Shinboners!

Actually funny you mention last week. I actually got the shits up watching first time this year. Like really ******* shitty. It was almost like “ok, this has gone too far now....do something. It’s meandering into oblivion.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 7, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Loser that can lie about losing but blames everything but the chrysanthemums for being **** at his job. Poor, poor Brad. Elite school brings elite connections and a more than decent crack at being successful. 'being a father to players 'f*** right off. Several welfare people in place. Not the senior coaches job. Always the reason Gary assures never got another coaching gig at afl level.

Media selling him like he is Nostradamus!
What a joke!
You're a classy guy aren't you Yoko. Let's wait and see how long it is before you turn on the next coach ...

Nov 7, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The players appear to genuinely like him. But is that the main objective of the senior coach? That’s the job for the masseuse or the volunteer cooking lunch.

I’d be curious to know how many really successful coaches were liked by their players during their careers. No doubt they respect them and possibly liked them after the fact given they achieved.
Today, no coach can survive if they lose the players

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
I think you are full of **** Zondors. Players gave their all for him over a long period and then look genuinely gutted today. Not the sign of a coach who is full of **** and a fraud. Players see through that straight away.
Usually had a game off every month or so. Usually with little consequence in terms of selection.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's amazing what a little bit of media cultivated emotion can do to people. I am flat out in Kingy's corner. He actually had the balls to step up when the rest of the media were carrying on that there was no problem.

How close did Brad get to coaching the most games in history without winning a flag?

But......yeah...........it's David King's fault.

****en spare me please.

Any disgruntled player needs to HTFU too. This isn't the Brady Bunch. They are there to WIN. Anything less is failure.

He coached the most games at one club to have never made a grand final or premiership in VFL/AFL history.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Couldn't make it to the game, but I have to say the way the boys, and Brad Scott handled the exit, was very impressive. To see the fans understand the situation and applaud him one last time is a great sign (although knew Brad leaving was the right choice). The emotional element was always going to happen, farewell Brad!

The boys played well and got the job done for him. I thought we were going to do the classic close loss again when the dogs came back and almost took it from us. But credit to the boys!

All I can say is this list still has some fire left in it to hurt some teams in front of them, the Tigers will be a perfect match-up to see how well these boys can go under a new face.

I want to see the young guns in their natural positions firing on all cylinders.

I hope the performances only get better.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Glad you lot won. I had you on my tips. I knew it was a 50-50 game too.

I had you guys in my 5 leg multi and I knew you wouldn't let me down. :thumbsu:

Sadly the crows lost and ruined my multi. Plus I needed Richmond to win by over 25 plus which they won my 23. Had the crows and tigers did what I wanted, I would of turned $2 into $73! :thumbsdown:

Well I am off, Good luck for the rest of the season. North will get some wins from some unexpected teams just like the crows win earlier in the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back