Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - end of an era - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it was telling as well that at the start of the last quarter Simpkin and LDU were on the bench and Higgins and Cunnington were in the middle.
And we got monstered.
Bont went to work and no one could go with him.
I would have had Jed one of Higgins and Cunners and one of Jy and LDU in there but Scott went with his older boys.

Funnily enough Jack going into the middle for a bit stemmed the tide somewhat but really we need to back these kids in more often in high pressure situations.

Didn't Kingy push for us to relocate to GC?

He may have. Lots of rusted on North people did, as they thought was best option at the time for the Club.

That in itself doesn't mean Kingy is a bad person, or anti-North.

In fact I've met him (just randomly, i haven't met many current or ex players) and appeared a top bloke, happy to chat about footy and was very friendly. Clearly loved North but hated how we were going - that view was shared by many.

Anyway, bloody good win (except for the usual efficiency issues).

Much better structures, and a serious physical application again.

Things are starting to look up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this bloke, and watching I knew he backed himself and its good to see him acknowledge that as something he meant to do.

Intent. He's got it written all over him, the dude is hungry for the opportunity.

The strides he has made since his first game in 2017 where he had zero disposals and was written off by plenty are huge. Looks a 200 gamer.

No one likes Clarkson. His ex-team mates.
Would be surprised if his wife liked him. Respect him all they do. Some people are ****. Seems clarko is trying to become a human. Learning the guitar. There is no way on anyone's earth he will coach North. He is what the rolling stones talk about in St Petersburg. In other books he has worn a Johnnie Walker hat.

**** people succeed in an industry where the instruction is to punch said Jewish ruckman in the head. Master coach. Success is winning but who wants to be a hawk? Selfish, immoral, proud when winning, hunched when losing. Peck the eyes out of a family member of the nutrients would give them survival

Crap sport to follow and wish I could ejector seat my way out of caring. I only do it because my grandfather did it. The sooner I can not care the better. The AFL as an organ is filled with failed people with monied parents that went to certain schools. They have to learn the street through advisers. Chief advisor: Brad Scott
Are you ok mate?

He may have.

There's no "may" about it.

Lots of rusted on North people did, as they thought was best option at the time for the Club.

That's no excuse.

There were also lots of rusted on North people in '07 who were either....

(a) savvy enough to see through the AFL's bull****
(b) strong enough to stand and fight regardless, like Shinboners

That's why we still have a club.

The fact is, while others were standing tall in '07, Kingy folded like a house of cards. He publicly endorsed the death of the great NMFC. And no amount of justification or spin is going to change that. I couldn't give two ****s about his little spat with Brad, but I would argue that the above alone displays that the bloke is long way from being Pensky material. Nearly choked on my 2019 fixture fridge-magnet a few days ago when someone posted that he understood the ethos of the NMFC. If he did, then maybe he would have twigged that surrender isn't part of our genetic coding.

Marleys goal saving tackle on Naughton, Jeds manic approach to winning the ground ball, McDonald running back with the flight, Polec winning contested ball, Pittard breaking 2 tackles off half back, Goldsteins dash to spoil a contest late.. these are all selfless, high intensity and switched on acts that we havnt seen all year.
The boys played as if their lives depended on it and it was all for Brad.

I wish we could see this weekly as that’s how the Cats and Pies play as they know theyre on a good thing.

Winning does that. It makes you do the impossible. The lure of success trumps all.

I hope they have the same manic approach come Friday.

Last edited:
Goldstein's game begs the question:

WHERE THE **** HAS THAT BEEN?

That type of form tends to follow Tim English's opponents around. He MAY eventually end up a good ruckman, but right now he still looks like an anorexic 15 year old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back