Review Vs Wet Toast Half Glass full or Half Empty - Rd 7 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Half full, went as expected. That injury list is just too much to be competitive with good sides unless they are off their game. Think I said I was hoping for under 30 points, a debut, more improvement from Serong and AB to continue on his way and I suppose I was 1 point off that happening.

Specific Players
- Cox did as well as you would expect from your 4th choice KPD playing on a 250 game full forward, it’s unfortunately going to be an issue the rest of the year, can’t understate how much better we would be with our first choice defenders playing.
- Tabs was Tabs again, just have to take it for it is I suppose, as frustrating as it is.
- AB was good again till he got dumped on the forward flank the last quarter, could kill me in dreamteam 😛
-Freddy a solid debut, pace, skills and a footy brain. Keep him in
- Can’t dent Schultz was good last week but his field kicking and handballing is diabolical. Killed us tonight, it may be too big a hurdle to overcome. We can not have more than one of Banfield, Colyer, Schultz in the team.
- Most disappointed in Tucker. You can’t have games like that anymore where you go completely missing for most of the game. Time to step up

Forgot the biggest negative: Any twat that has written off the coach with this injury list, after 7 games, in the most unique season of football ever player
We simply cannot be dragging along Schulz, Banfield and Colyer. Absolutely not. We’re 2-5 having played all if not 3 of them each game.
Question is, what the heck has Blakely, Matera and McCarthy been doing to not be getting games ahead of them? I’d rather reward fitness and hard work, don’t get me wrong, but Matera adds hard work to his ability to kick nippy goals, he is worlds apart better then Schulz.
It’s an indictment on those guys that they’re not playing. Blakely is strange, for whatever reason as well.

McCarthy shouldn’t be moulded into a wing. Absolately not. He’s a medium forward that’s elite at kicking and poised for goals. Banfield should never be in the team at the determent of Cam. That’s rubbish.

I love Serong, Young, Sturt and Frederick. They’ve shown they can hold their own, plus have more weapons on their bow and positivity for the club ahead of mature agers at this point of the season.
2-5 and playing the same plodders won’t change us into 5-5 team. Forget it. Think the fans would rather go for hell leather with more debutants and skills rather then types such as Schulz and Banfield- who are severely limited.

Also there were multiple occasions where 3/4 of our centre square was under 21/22 - no wonder we're struggling in there.

The story of the last few years isn't it. Andy getting 17 disposals average, Cerra with 15. When they are a few years older and they are elite midfielders, add 10 more per game each.

With so many younguns, it accumulates, the whole team is missing a stack of disposals, tackles etc compared to what their future selves will give us in a few years. But if we don't have it, the other team does, so not only do we have less of everything the opposition has more. Hopefully they all want to stick together as a group, I'd love to see this mob once they're 24+ old.

Definitely half full. A lot to like but too many injuries to our best players to match it.
When we were on top in the first our mids - Cerra, Serong & Brayshaw were great. Cerra in particular was brilliant in the tight stuff and so creative. Serong is a little bull and has lightening hands.

My glass is a little half empty this morning because it seems like every year we have a full blown injury crisis and never get to see what our team is capable of. I confess I've been rocked since reading that (Duffield?) article questioning our conditioning strategies for the last 10 years and particularly why Stephen Hill was bulked up so much. Would we have seen more of his best if he'd been playing with a leaner frame?
I want to look forward to Pearce, Logue, Young, Sturt, Hogan, Henry, Freddy, Serong, Cerra etc all playing in the same team but its starting to feel like an impossible dream to ever have our squad all fit at once. That's depressing. Something has to change.

Definitely half full. A lot to like but too many injuries to our best players to match it.
When we were on top in the first our mids - Cerra, Serong & Brayshaw were great. Cerra in particular was brilliant in the tight stuff and so creative. Serong is a little bull and has lightening hands.

My glass is a little half empty this morning because it seems like every year we have a full blown injury crisis and never get to see what our team is capable of. I confess I've been rocked since reading that (Duffield?) article questioning our conditioning strategies for the last 10 years and particularly why Stephen Hill was bulked up so much. Would we have seen more of his best if he'd been playing with a leaner frame?
I want to look forward to Pearce, Logue, Young, Sturt, Hogan, Henry, Freddy, Serong, Cerra etc all playing in the same team but its starting to feel like an impossible dream to ever have our squad all fit at once. That's depressing. Something has to change.

Was there a scratch match on before the main game,interested to know how Tom North went.Been there 3 years after being drafted from Eastern Ranges and still no appearance in the 1's.

Was there a scratch match on before the main game,interested to know how Tom North went.Been there 3 years after being drafted from Eastern Ranges and still no appearance in the 1's.
I would be absolutely amazed if tom north is not delisted at the end of the season. At this stage he’s well off a game. List cuts and 2 or 3 promising NGA prospects in the draft pool this season mean he is likely to be let go I’d imagine.

When was the last time freo played an AFL match where not a single player got 20 disposals?

Glass half full but still incredibly frustrated after yesterdays game.

We just have to keep this team together and our best players playing and we'll be ok.

Just OK isn't good enough.
What team are you talking about? The team that ran out yesterday or the coaching team?
Both were just OK.Just ok doesn't win finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What team are you talking about? The team that ran out yesterday or the coaching team?
We have the squad to win, we just need them fit.

I think you add Hogan, Fyfe and one of Hamling/Logue/Pearce and we win that game yesterday. We lost contests in the middle which hurt us on the scoreboard, lost a key matchup forward and ran out of marking talls up the line because Tabs had to take marks at half back - where Hogan would be getting involved.

Totally different game then.

What are you trying to drag me into? Why mention the coaching team?

Substitute the word "ok" in my post for fine, good or whatever word is satisfactory to you.

We have the squad to win, we just need them fit.

I think you add Hogan, Fyfe and one of Hamling/Logue/Pearce and we win that game yesterday. We lost contests in the middle which hurt us on the scoreboard, lost a key matchup forward and ran out of marking talls up the line because Tabs had to take marks at half back - where Hogan would be getting involved.

Totally different game then.

If players x,y and z were available we win the game. That excuse wasn't allowed to be used in previous seasons, why now.
You forgot the part about being out coached
The midfield apart from Fyfe was about as good as we can put on the park.
They match up against a depleted Geelong mid group. Will be interesting to see how they perform.

What are you trying to drag me into? Why mention the coaching team?

Substitute the word "ok" in my post for fine, good or whatever word is satisfactory to you.

If that performance was put up last season you would have come out smoking.
Freo were outplayed and out coached , that shouldn't be just ok.

I didn't say yesterday was ok. In fact I said I was frustrated with what happened.

Twisting my words and coming at me with a chip on your shoulder. You can get stuffed.

glass half full to a degree. valiant effort with our outs, but with 0 effort made to rectify this problem I don't see anything else but brave losses in the future until something is done. It's incredibly unfair to Longmuir to not at least try to give him a clearly needed better medical team so he has an actually competitive list to work with.

I didn't say yesterday was ok. In fact I said I was frustrated with what happened.

Twisting my words and coming at me with a chip on your shoulder. You can get stuffed.

No chip on my shoulder. Just sick of hearing Freo will be ok.
Didn't hear that much the last couple of seasons though.
It was sack , sack and more sack.

Depending which way you look at it getting stuffed could be a pleasant experience so thanks for the thought.

If players x,y and z were available we win the game. That excuse wasn't allowed to be used in previous seasons, why now.
You forgot the part about being out coached
The midfield apart from Fyfe was about as good as we can put on the park.
They match up against a depleted Geelong mid group. Will be interesting to see how they perform.

You think the premiership favorite side missing one player being within touch was out coached?

You're blaming the driver because the car has three wheels.

Come on mate. Pearce, Hamling, Logue, Young, Conca out of the backs against one of the strongest attacks.
Hogan & Sturt out (2 of our most creative and best kicks) against a settle premiership defence.
Fyfe out of the middle/forward.
Conceding 2 years and 50 games per player on avge.
Longmuir's first season in the craziest year the competition has ever had up against a full strength recent premiership side.

I get that you are a Lyon fan and seem quite determined to lead the charge against Longmuir but fairs fair.
There has been some really good signs this year.

No chip on my shoulder. Just sick of hearing Freo will be ok.
Didn't hear that much the last couple of seasons though.
It was sack , sack and more sack.

Depending which way you look at it getting stuffed could be a pleasant experience so thanks for the thought.

You're right on that and fair enough as far as thinking or hoping that we will be ok and having issue with that. No problem there.

It's a bit tiresome that a few of you have a crack at me about my strong opinion on the end of Ross' time with us and have to have a go at every instance. It's easy enough for me to get sucked in by your current post and derail another thread but screw that.

You can get rid of your frustrations some other way.

I think the fact that people accept we've lost 10 in a row to that other lot is the problem.
Freo just accept mediocrity unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back