Autopsy vs * - Rd 6, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you’re emotional right now but geez going after a promising kid who’s had a shocker this week. He just needs game time. Wait till he cracks at least 50 before writing him off.
Promising? Pick 62 in 2017 Draft.
Did his Achilles playing as a tagger in 2019.
I understand that.
Has comeback and played the last 5 games. I just don't get the hype around him. What are his strengths? Effort?

Yep, now compare that to the likes of Williams,Pittard and Mac Millan that are experienced defenders.
BTW his debut game in 2019 at which he ruptured his Achilles at half time, he tagged Pendlebury and kept him to 12 touches in less than half a game, had 6 touches for 100% efficiency. Pendles finished with 33 touches.
He can play, he's just learning a new roll, so how about you criticise those that are holding the team back and give the young guys the chance to get better.
I agree on the likes of Williams, Pittard and McMillian.
Kryon did play well for a half against Pendles.
With LMac now a full time tagger, do we need another tagger? Does Kyron have the skillset to be a full time midfielder? I don't think so.

The last month of losses will hit our club hard off-field as well. We rusted on supporters are feeling the strain, imagine how many standard supporters will just check out now until we show something. Looking down the barrell at 3-5 years of mediocrity/rebuild doesn't help either. Good luck to all of us with kids trying to keep the passion alight.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The last month of losses will hit our club hard off-field as well. We rusted on supporters are feeling the strain, imagine how many standard supporters will just check out now until we show something. Looking down the barrell at 3-5 years of mediocrity/rebuild doesn't help either. Good luck to all of us with kids trying to keep the passion alight.

Settle mate. It's honestly not that bad, they're struggling to put it together with a massive injury list and our best forward for 3 years not firing a shot all season. I reckon Rawlings will do some serious work this offseason and things will start rolling from there.

The conundrum is do we look at 2020 as being the year it is, a mess, and give players the benefit of the doubt?

Or do we say there are 17 other Clubs with 8 playing very well, and 1 being a Premier, so our List isn’t up to scratch so Trade/delist?

Difficult decisions coming up because on the strength of this Season we have some not up to it.

All the goodwill of the back half of last year has disappeared without a yelp

Atley could conceivably do it in 4 more season’s and be 31

Is this some sort of reverse psychology Chinese water torture technique you are playing at?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My young fella is eyeing off GWS...

I agree on the likes of Williams, Pittard and McMillian.
Kryon did play well for a half against Pendles.
With LMac now a full time tagger, do we need another tagger? Does Kyron have the skillset to be a full time midfielder? I don't think so.
Kyron had only ever been a midfielder, he is learning a new position, hence he is making mistakes. He was part of a WAFL grand final team at 17 as a midfielder, represented WA since he was 11 as a midfielder including captaining the state team as a 15 year old as a midfielder, so yes he does have the skill set to be a midfielders and he will make s very attacking defender given time.

The conundrum is do we look at 2020 as being the year it is, a mess, and give players the benefit of the doubt?

Or do we say there are 17 other Clubs with 8 playing very well, and 1 being a Premier, so our List isn’t up to scratch so Trade/delist?

Difficult decisions coming up because on the strength of this Season we have some not up to it.

All the goodwill of the back half of last year has disappeared without a yelp

The condudrum is that we are struggling massively and yet have pulled up just short 3 weeks out of 4 while playing some really bad football. There's plenty there on the list but we need to finally make some bold changes which we couldn't last year given Rawlings had no real time. We clearly traded into this year for exactly that reason. The trick is whether we can retain enough gold in the 28+ range while building enough to have a chance while Goldy is around. I reckon we've got 2 seasons before we need to take one step backwards to win.

My young fella is eyeing off GWS...

The problem with WA is that it isn't cold enough when sleeping outside.

I’m finding it funny how Bombers fans were saying it’s “Norths to lose” pre-game and acting all ‘woe is me’, then have the guts to infiltrate our post match thread to talk sh*t. Focus on your own side you flogs!
Few of them said it was our Grand Final lol. If it was a final they would have choked.

Promising? Pick 62 in 2017 Draft.
Did his Achilles playing as a tagger in 2019.
I understand that.
Has comeback and played the last 5 games. I just don't get the hype around him. What are his strengths? Effort?
Hype, Probably people that know a bit more about footy than you can see, but don't stress you'll catch up.

The condudrum is that we are struggling massively and yet have pulled up just short 3 weeks out of 4 while playing some really bad football. There's plenty there on the list but we need to finally make some bold changes which we couldn't last year given Rawlings had no real time. We clearly traded into this year for exactly that reason. The trick is whether we can retain enough gold in the 28+ range while building enough to have a chance while Goldy is around. I reckon we've got 2 seasons before we need to take one step backwards to win.

The problem with WA is that it isn't cold enough when sleeping outside.

Pulled up just short?

At which part of tonight’s game did you think we could win it? Or Dogs? Or Hawks? Or Swans?

Worst month of footy I have seen in years

Kyron had only ever been a midfielder, he is learning a new position, hence he is making mistakes. He was part of a WAFL grand final team at 17 as a midfielder, represented WA since he was 11 as a midfielder including captaining the state team as a 15 year old as a midfielder, so yes he does have the skill set to be a midfielders and he will make s very attacking defender given time.
The coaching staff must think he is not capable of being a midfielder if they are playing him as a permanent defender. It wouldn't hurt for him to be chucked in the middle for even 5 minutes (as you've said he has been playing midfielder all his life) but the coaches must think he is not capable of that. I think he needs to work on his kicking and decision making to make him a better player.

Hype, Probably people that know a bit more about footy than you can see, but don't stress you'll catch up.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He was pick 62 in the draft in 2017. I think you are really over rating his possible potential but each to their own. If he keeps dishing out what he did tonight, he won't be in the seniors for long.

Please Scamper, promise me, if we don’t have the cattle available at selection time, please, please err on the side of excitement, not on boredom. That, necessarily means, not selecting big immobile VFL players in our forward line. We could even mix things up a bit. Maj, as a rookie, has numerous 4+ bags under his belt. Even Tarrant can create problems up front. We must avoid Dolph Lundgren style hulks in our forward line. It just doesn’t work. Worse still, it doesn’t inspire confidence or the least bit of excitement. There is nobody going to convince me that Majak would not have been damaging tonight,

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back