Racing W.S Cox Plate 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that cost him the ride on Almandin in the cup? Edit yes it will if he doesn't get it reduced on appeal.

Has McEvoy committed himself to something in the cup? Who else would be a chance to replace Olly?

No chance for McEvoy to ride it at 57.5 kilos would be too heavy for him.

56.5kg and I'm sure Lloyd would take McEvoy plus some dead weight over most other options. Looks like McEvoy committed to Red Cardinal a couple of days too early.

It's still too heavy he's a lightweight jockey. Not sure who they will get actually.

Jack Gun Cyril Stun

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
She broke her own course record from 2 years ago when she won dominantly, just found a horse that has some class to race her this time. They still beat the rest by 6 lengths.

I'd be more comparing the margin to Folkswood and how noncompetitive he is in the UK. Not a good idea to take her overseas, the entire field will be stronger then Folkswood.

Yeh not sure about that.
He's run Decorated Knight to a neck in a G1 and since that it's now won an Irish Champion and Tatts Cup both G1 and rated top 5/6 in Europe at 2000m.
Winx is at least 4L better than that (on not her best day when she still breaks her own track record, defies the track bias, faces the breeze from the 1200, takes off at the 800 and clearly upset in the barriers).

Humidor was great but he was asked for a 250m effort , (beautiful ride by Shinn), Winx was given a gut buster. I'd spell her.

But On top of her game I'd quite happily support her to s**t on anything in Europe at 1600-2000m.

Jack Gun Cyril Stun

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has to go overseas and win to be definitively the best in the world though

Why? Where overseas?
So You Think was rated the same here for winning G1s as he was in UK. Winx is rated 6 pounds superior to him...she's the best horse in the world and proved it again today imo.

The only horse in recent years that is superior to her is Frankel.

Why? Where overseas?
So You Think was rated the same here for winning G1s as he was in UK. Winx is rated 6 pounds superior to him...she's the best horse in the world and proved it again today imo.

Not fussed whether she goes or not but would love to see her go to Royal Ascot.

She's achieved everything she can here.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Why? Where overseas?

Because that's where the best middle distance horses are. She needs to go to the UK or even America

I think most of us thought SYT would achieve more overseas than he did

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree she's better with cut out but still performed pretty well on the firm going. Track record after long sustained run, Humidor was given the perfect run with a short sprint. Take him out and we be saying how dominant she was.

Ascot would be good track conditions for her.

Temptation would be massive to be the first to win 4 CPs if she's still going well next yr.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah I'm looking forward to rating the meet tomorrow and working out what she did. Her Cox plate last year remains her peak on my figures, and in the Turnbull she was within 2.5L of that figure while being noticeably eased up late. With cut out yesterday I would have fully expected her to repeat last years figure but I don't think she has gone near that.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeh not sure about that.
He's run Decorated Knight to a neck in a G1 and since that it's now won an Irish Champion and Tatts Cup both G1 and rated top 5/6 in Europe at 2000m.
Winx is at least 4L better than that (on not her best day when she still breaks her own track record, defies the track bias, faces the breeze from the 1200, takes off at the 800 and clearly upset in the barriers).

Humidor was great but he was asked for a 250m effort , (beautiful ride by Shinn), Winx was given a gut buster. I'd spell her.

But On top of her game I'd quite happily support her to s**t on anything in Europe at 1600-2000m.
This is a completely bullshit excuse, there was no track bias against her if anything it benefited her as she was the leader coming around the turn which is the bias at MV (Horses have always and will always lose momentum coming around the home turn because of the sharpness of it). Humidor only had to give an effort for 250m when he was 2 lengths off her 400-600 from home? Please

They ran fast time all day at MV which means horses weren't slowing down so all it takes to win is to get there a bit earlier I.E before the turn like Winx and you won't tire late.

We will see what happens next year because they will be going, I'll wait for it to happen rather then argue the point. Don't stake your house away.

Tippaz

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Are you also including Humidor and Folkswood in 3rd of your tri? The way it reads is that you think they can run 2nd but not 3rd?

No, i did not include Folkswood & Humidor in 3rd... because sir... i am an idiot !!!

i ended up doing :(
1st Winx
2nd Humidor, Folkswood
3rd Gailo Chop, Happy Clapper, Royal Symphony

Jack Gun Cyril Stun

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah I'm looking forward to rating the meet tomorrow and working out what she did. Her Cox plate last year remains her peak on my figures, and in the Turnbull she was within 2.5L of that figure while being noticeably eased up late. With cut out yesterday I would have fully expected her to repeat last years figure but I don't think she has gone near that.

What allowance will you give if any to the run Winx had?
On pure margins and wts she comes out 3-4 L below her best, but margins don't always tell the tale.
Also you just can't measure her competitiveness, I have no doubt she had a length or 2 more to give if humidor upped the ante.

Jack Gun Cyril Stun

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is a completely bullshit excuse, there was no track bias against her if anything it benefited her as she was the leader coming around the turn which is the bias at MV (Horses have always and will always lose momentum coming around the home turn because of the sharpness of it). Humidor only had to give an effort for 250m when he was 2 lengths off her 400-600 from home? Please

They ran fast time all day at MV which means horses weren't slowing down so all it takes to win is to get there a bit earlier I.E before the turn like Winx and you won't tire late.

We will see what happens next year because they will be going, I'll wait for it to happen rather then argue the point. Don't stake your house away.

Complete bullshit ? Righto.
Yeh that's why Hugh rode her wide and challenged early bc he had no fears about the way the track was playing.
The only 'excuse' I'm making for her is that the margins to the beaten brigade don't do her any favours in rating the run but she by far had the hardest run in the race.
Humidor whilst running a cracker and probably career peak got all the favours, if you give him Winx's run who knows how much further back he finishes from her.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Complete bullshit ? Righto.
Yeh that's why Hugh rode her wide and challenged early bc he had no fears about the way the track was playing.
The only 'excuse' I'm making for her is that the margins to the beaten brigade don't do her any favours in rating the run but she by far had the hardest run in the race.
Humidor whilst running a cracker and probably career peak got all the favours, if you give him Winx's run who knows how much further back he finishes from her.
You are making up baseless accusations based on nothing other then your own personal opinion and passing them off as fact. Humidor if switching rolls could have laid in all the way to the fence and not have to be stopped to be straightened like his win a month ago where he powered through to the line, the reality is all of it is pure speculation and no one has any clue what would have happened.

Tell me which of her 3 cox plate wins she wasn't wide and hitting the lead before the turn in? He does it because you have to get to the lead before the turn at MV, it is that simple and if you look at the history of the race almost every winner of it does the same thing.

Just forget it and move on, like I said in the previous post lets see what happens next year and leave it at that.

Jack Gun Cyril Stun

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You are making up baseless accusations based on nothing other then your own personal opinion and passing them off as fact. Humidor if switching rolls could have laid in all the way to the fence and not have to be stopped to be straightened like his win a month ago where he powered through to the line, the reality is all of it is pure speculation and no one has any clue what would have happened.

Tell me which of her 3 cox plate wins she wasn't wide and hitting the lead before the turn in? He does it because you have to get to the lead before the turn at MV, it is that simple and if you look at the history of the race almost every winner of it does the same thing.

Just forget it and move on, like I said in the previous post lets see what happens next year and leave it at that.

Relax mate.
It's a Bigfooty thread about horse racing. Every post is an opinion in case you hadn't noticed.
I posted something and you're the one who called it complete bullshit. I responded further with my opinion about the race.
Not sure where the 'baseless accusations' come in. WTF. Who is accusing anyone of anything????

Serious Question: did you lose $ on Humidor not winning yday?

Status
Not open for further replies.