Racing W.S Cox Plate 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'
What allowance will you give if any to the run Winx had?
On pure margins and wts she comes out 3-4 L below her best, but margins don't always tell the tale.
Also you just can't measure her competitiveness, I have no doubt she had a length or 2 more to give if humidor upped the ante.

No allowance, I just rate what she actually did. I agree the performance was better than what the rating will show.

Because that's where the best middle distance horses are. She needs to go to the UK or even America

I think most of us thought SYT would achieve more overseas than he did

Fair enough re SYT, but he still won 5g1s in Europe and as someone already alluded to, Aiden didn't give him the best prep imo. They stuffed up the Prince of Wales with the pacemaker, and also ran him in everything and on every surface...surprised he didn't front him up in the Cheltenham Gold Cup. But to be fair SYT was/ is not in Winx's rare league at 1609-2000m imo.
I suppose the emergence of Cracksmen last week adds to the best middle distance horse the world debate, but he has to front up more than once.
Will be interesting to see how the European handicappers and Racing Post rate Winx, Cracksmen and Enable now.

I liked the idea of Waller saying Winx could have a crack at the Queen Anne. That sounds like a perfect race for her to me if she is UK bound when you consider how hard it can be to take a horse that far and get them 100%. But I hope the UK idea isn't so to prove anything to any NH doubters.

I would have thought Dubai in March over 1800m is best fit esp if a 4th cox plate is a possibility and that's what I would do (also considering $).

Last edited:
Fair enough re SYT, but he still won 5g1s in Europe and as someone already alluded to, Aiden didn't give him the best prep imo. They stuffed up the Prince of Wales with the pacemaker, and also ran him in everything and on every surface...surprised he didn't front him up in the Cheltenham Gold Cup. But to be fair SYT was/ is not in Winx's rare league at 1609-2000m imo.
I suppose the emergence of Cracksmen last week adds to the best middle distance horse the world debate, but he has to front up more than once.
Will be interesting to see how the European handicappers and Racing Post rate Winx, Cracksmen and Enable now.

I liked the idea of Waller saying Winx could have a crack at the Queen Anne. That sounds like a perfect race for her to me if she is UK bound when you consider how hard it can be to take a horse that far and get them 100%. But I hope the UK idea isn't so to prove anything to any NH doubters.

I would have thought Dubai in March over 1800m is best fit esp if a 4th cox plate is a possibility and that's what I would do (also considering $).
Suggested earlier do you think the USA would be an option?
Breeders Cup - Turf

Suggested earlier do you think the USA would be an option?
Breeders Cup - Turf

I hadn't ever heard/ read anything mentioned re Breeders Cup but as its on next weekend the timing is wrong. It would be a long tough campaign to go UK then USA, and then definitely rules out next spring here. Not sure all the owners keen on that. A 4th cox plate is still very enticing.

But they seem very keen to campaign in UK though if she is 100% which still may mean next Spring is out anyway. I think Waller even mentioned giving her a full campaign in UK, he definitely mentioned the Queen Anne (I think if a one run job) and I don't know if he was genuine or just had his promotional hat on but also said they could start with the Golden Jubilee over 1200m and move through her distances! I was a bit stunned by that as would mean her last race would be overseas....don't like the chances of bringing back 7 1/2 mate for a Sydney autumn campaign!!

Relax mate.
It's a Bigfooty thread about horse racing. Every post is an opinion in case you hadn't noticed.
I posted something and you're the one who called it complete bullshit. I responded further with my opinion about the race.
Not sure where the 'baseless accusations' come in. WTF. Who is accusing anyone of anything????

Serious Question: did you lose $ on Humidor not winning yday?
Please do not pretend as though you know someones personal feelings over the internet, implying someone is getting upset to claim some sort of moral high ground is laughable, I am a long long way from getting worked up in the slightest.

You made the claim HB gave her a tough run because of track bias and when I ask you to tell me which cox plate he didn't do this in you fail to respond at all, I could also have stated what track bias given the leaders won 3? of 9 races. If we are going to have a discussion what is the point if you are going to ignore 90% of what is said and pick 10% to suit your agenda?

If you read my previous posts you would know I didn't have a bet on the race, D Weir I actually quite dislike if it means anything to you.

Lol you cant talk absolute s**t and then just leave it with we will see what happens next year
He shouts as he does the exact same thing.

Alright captain Pot, tell me what part of the post was talking s**t? Suggesting everyone is purely guessing myself included what would happen if the runs were reversed or was it when I said Winx has hit the lead by the turn in each of her 3 cox plate wins?

Those were the only 2 points made in that post.

He shouts as he does the exact same thing.

Alright captain Pot, tell me what part of the post was talking s**t? Suggesting everyone is purely guessing myself included what would happen if the runs were reversed or was it when I said Winx has hit the lead by the turn in each of her 3 cox plate wins?

Those were the only 2 points made in that post.

Its not guessing. Its fairly obvious what the outcome would have been if you reversed the runs

If you cant workout that she would have clearly beaten him by further if you reversed the runs then you may as well never have an opinion on a race

Status
Not open for further replies.